[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting Strenght
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: unnamed (2).jpg (22 KB, 412x357) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (2).jpg
22 KB, 412x357
Hey guys what happens if I do SS Monday-Friday?

I'm a NEET and do nothing of physical activity but my gym workout
>>
>>35492495
You mean 5 days a week?
>>
>>35492622
Yes
>>
>>35492624
bad idea, u need rest days. Since you are a NEET your body will be prone to injury.
>>
>>35492624
You'll stall after the first week because you can't add 2.5 pounds to your squat 5 times a week
>>
>>35492678
but i can add 2.5 pounds of dick up your ass you fuccboi
>>
>>35492659
shit. But i started going to gym 7 months ago.

I want to train my squat because I cant ATG properly at this moment.

And today I did deadlift I started with 1pl8 which is awesome. It's a little hard and a guy told me I was doing it good BUT i can't have my shoulders retracted while lifting the bar

What can I do?
Im thinking of staying at my 3 day split routine while doing properly my squats, so...i would squat every day...or mm..dunno
>>
>>35492684
i don't like /fit/
>>
>>35492737
My deadlift is shit and I need to practice it. My squat is not shit but it's paralell and im afraid on fail while trying to up and fall into the ground that happened me recently doing squats
>>
go swimming or some shit on the other days
>>
File: 144712760068.gif (721 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
144712760068.gif
721 KB, 320x240
>>35492784
But my gym m8s, the grills asses and my reps....
>>
>>35492678
Oh ok i understand but...do you mean 2.5 pounds in each side???
>>
>>35492838
nah m8 2.5 pounds one in the ass and one up your mouth
>>
My suggestion would be do more warmup sets to work on form. Warmup sets being any set <50%. Do them with the same number of reps as your working weight.

Do cardio on your off days if bored. Swimming is the best for me but can get boring. Running and cycling are good because you can listen to podcasts/music. Joining a club for cardio can be great for social gains as well.
>>
>>35492495
You might be able to do it if you're still pretty weak. The more advanced you are, the more impossible it will be.

You could also consider switching to something like Candito's linear, which has the same linear progression protocol, but lets you be in the gym 4-5 times a week.
>>
>>35493014
what if I can only do sets of 10 with 50% or less of my 1 rep max
>>
>>35492495
>ss
>5 times a week

Happy new year
>>
File: 1450637370175.jpg (91 KB, 1437x908) Image search: [Google]
1450637370175.jpg
91 KB, 1437x908
>>35492495
you're probably going to hurt yourself friend.
>>
>>35493086
Doing SS? Aren't your working sets 5 reps? Tbh the reps aren't important just make sure you have perfect form. Do both the concentric and eccentric part of the warmup reps slowly with control.

For the ATG squats, pause at the bottom of the rep and count to 4.
For deadlifts, if you feel like your shoulders need retracting it's probably due to some thoracic/cervical flexion (upper back leaning forward). Normally this is due to weak spinal erectors. Best way to train them is strict deadlifts and/or hyperextensions. As both are in SS you should be fine.
>>
>>35493166
Thanks

Im not him so Im not doing SS, but it was just something that occurred to me today when I went for a 1 rep max
>>
>>35493166
Thanks man! I will try the wait 4 secs at the bottom

Ohhhh yeah

Is it bad if I buttwink when my harmstrings touch my legs? It doesn't look bad bad but it's still a buttwink. Maybe I should open more my legs right? Or is it a weakness in a muscle body?
>>
>>35492737
just switch to the fucking SS
if you're deadlifting 1pl8 after going to the gym 7 months ago, it's laughable
for squats just do them all the way you can and stretch sometimes, before exercises or before you sleep, doesn't matter
and do your fucking warmup sets
>>
I'll ask here

Is it a good idea to mix SS and Foundation One/Two (doing SS-rest day- F - rest day - SS- etc) for even muscle/performance improvement? Is 15days/month too much or too little? I'm also interested in yoga, where do I cram this shit in?
>>
>>35492737
>cant atg properly
Why not?
>buttwink
Do stretches, this is a flexibility issue
>too heavy
Deload, thats it
>>
>>35492624
Even most dedicated lifters I know only do it four days a week.

Trust me, I've done SS before. Just stick to 3 days a week, it'll get ya done good. Just keep at it, be consistent, and you'll be golden.
>>
>>35492495
If you're going to do that, follow a PPL routine

otherwise, you'll GO MAD
>>
File: SSweek2.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
SSweek2.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>35492495
>>
>>35493047
Candy Toe's linear has you progress weekly, not from workout to workout like SS does.
Also OP,
>Starting Strength
>ATG Squats
top lel my friend
>>
>>35493131
Ughh money, things, not being a leech. Its either get rich or die trying. I cant stand doing nothing but leech for to long
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.