[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Basicly: >Cutting for the last 10 months with 500kcal deficit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1233333.jpg (238 KB, 837x480) Image search: [Google]
1233333.jpg
238 KB, 837x480
Basicly:
>Cutting for the last 10 months with 500kcal deficit
>For the last 3 I have had a cheat day once a week
>Nothing but carbs (=junk food, candy,chips etc), but not going over maintenance (2700kcal)
>Lifts more or less the same considering I'm on a long ass cut.

Will the cheat day slow down my weight loss?
>>
>>35485272
I know it slows me down by eat least that one day since I usually go maintenance. Sometimes I only eat around 2200 kcal worth of junk and just hang in to the next day. Is there any time lost if I go with the deficit? And If so do you have an estimate how much?
>>
Cheatmeal > cheatday
>>
>>35486355
If I have a cheat meal around 2000kcal there isnt much left for the rest of the day is there so I just call it a cheat day
>>
>>35485241

If you're on a very long cut, I'd say not really. You gotta be able to enjoy yourself once in a while or you'll go nuts. If you cut all the time and never allow yourself anything good you'll eventually crack. But if it bothers you perhaps consider doing a cheat day once every two or three weeks.
>>
>>35486355
This.
Make sure the cheat meal is actually fitting Into the deficit within reason. It's suppose to be a meal that you enjoy but still fits into your plan. Not just a day to eat what ever the fuck you want.

Lookin good tho bro. Nice gainz.
>>
>>35485241
Maybe. Maybe not. But it will conserve your sanity and make your journey more enjoyable in the long run, which means you're more likely to stick with it.

Nothing kills gains as quick as burning out mentally and quitting.
>>
>>35485241
yes
why are you even doing cheat days? your not lean enough
just push through it and dont be weak

you want to get the cut over with so you can put some real size on
>>
>>35486540
Because I enjoy eating things that taste good?
>>
>>35486540
Eating clean doesn't end after a cut.
It's a lifelong endeavour.
Which means if you're too anal about it, you won't make it in the long run.

A cheat day every 2 weeks doesn't do any harm.
If you usually limit carbs, one carb-rich day a week (within TDEE) can actually help you keep your energy levels up, be more active, and lose weight faster.
>>
>>35485241
When I cut I don't really have "cheat days" as such where I can eat whatever I like, I just have the occasional cheat meal, record the calories, and average out my daily calories for the week. That average should be at your target deficit, so basically you make up for the cheat meal on other days.

1 cheat day a week probably won't fuck you up but it really depends what you're eating. If you eat say 2700kcal on a cheat day you'll be fine, but if you eat 4500kcal (easily done in a day with a big pizza and a tub of ice cream with a coke) that will have a noticeable slowing effect on your weight loss, because you've basically just added 500kcal a day over the week. Doing this every week means a full pound of bodyweight you're putting back on with each cheat day. It's an extreme example but a good thing to bear in mind.
>>
>>35486540
Besides I want to hear some science behind your words. Why does it hurt my diet if I, for one day of the week, eat the same amount of calories I do on a regular day but the only thing that is different I get a dick load less protein and more sugar.
>>
>>35486602
life long endeavour yes
not making it in the long run, no
discipline and focus no matter what
if i want to refeed i refeed on good carbs not sugar, oats, rice, sweet potatos
i agree with an amount of flexibility within a diet
but chosing the best food sources to be flexible with in my opinion is crucial

op said he has a day when he eats nothing but junk for the full day
that is not achieving anything
even fitting it within his calories
all its going to do is hurt his progress
>>
>>35486634
Protip: It doesn't.
Protip 2: Nutritional science is sketchy as fuck, too many variables.
>>
>>35486573
fair enough but have some control eating 2000 cals of shit in one meal is doing nothing for you and in my experience is not even enjoyable
>>
>>35486672
All I hear again is more bullshit. You say nothing but assumptions.
>>
>>35485241
rofl that dreamers bulk
>>
>>35486672
While I agree with you, "discipline and focus no matter what" isn't something you should base your life on. Shit will happen and you will crash and burn. Maybe not this year or the next 2, but it's better to give yourself a bit of leeway (while never losing sight of your goals) if you want to make it.
>>
>>35486634
we can argue all day about this shit man
im speaking from my experience as an ex fatty
even in a deficit if i ate shit especially shit loads of sugar my fat loss stopped and i even gained fat
but that is me and my opinion maybe my genetics were different to you
im also very sensitive to insulin
eating really sugary food made me go hypo

im not saying to not eat any shit
just maybe limit to 500cals
>>
>>35486721
i've been through shit and not crashed or burned my grandfather died i seen him die and the next day i was in the gym less than 1 week later my cousin hung himself i got the phone call whilst in the gym and i finished my session before going home
im not saying everyone should or can stay focused like that but its something i strive for all the time im not judging or trying to sound like a dick but i used to be a fatty and the cheat meals i was told i was allowed did nothing but stall my progress
>>
My cheat day is everyday.

However I've been thinking of doing more intense cardio every second day (have a lot of energy). Would that overcome not dieting or cutting? Like 15-20 percent bf
>>
>>35486772
Good for you. And keep it up.

I genuinely mean that.
>>
>>35486803
thank you man
>>
>>35486780
Nope. Just look up how many calories cardio burns, you'd literally have to do like 90 minutes every day to lose a pound a week. Cardio is good for cardio fitness, it only works for weight loss if you can do it for hours a day, but since most people sit on their arse all day and hit the treadmill three times a week it does jack shit.
>>
>>35486896
I lost like 10 pounds when I'd hit the bag every second day for an hour when I got down to 140 ish. Now I'm 190ish so I figure it'd do something.

Also I do nothing unless I'm at work or at home when I want to take a shower. I figure increasing my cardio would help because there's no way I'm doing a cut
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.