[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ is about the body and the mind. Does /fit/ take interest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: PrFEhBN.jpg (715 KB, 720x6290) Image search: [Google]
PrFEhBN.jpg
715 KB, 720x6290
/fit/ is about the body and the mind. Does /fit/ take interest in life optimization? Has /fit/ tried polycyclic sleep cycles?
>>
I have been doing the Everyman 2 sleep cycle for a month.
>>
>>35485239
Not OP how is it going? Do you feel tired? I may try it out, because I got used to sleeping 10 hours straight which isn't normal.

Can't get shit done like this.
>>
>>35485150
>>35485343
Be wary of polyphasic sleep cycles as they drastically increase recovery time and can cause increased injury due to lack of physical recovery
>>
>>35485504
I guess I'll just try to sleep 7 hours a day to make things better, then. I go to the gym 3 times a week, I think it's enough for my recovery.
>>
>>35485343
Here is my sleep cycle now:
Core sleep (3hr): 3:00am - 6:00am
Nap 1 (20min): 12:00 - 12:20
Nap 2 (20min): 6:30 - 6:50
Total sleep: 3hr 40min
Total waking time: 21hr 20min
Extra awake time per week vs. monophasic cycle: 29hr 40min

If you really want to start a doing polycyclic sleep you will need a good reason. Ask yourself why do I want to sleep less, why do I want more hours in my day, and what will I do with my new time? Make sure you have a massive to-do list to complete while you're awake.
Transitioning into a polycyclic cycle will be rough at first do not just right into a poly cycle over night. Train your body to sleep less over a two week period. If you train your body there is less chance of you hurting yourself (eg. driving, working out, etc.). Polycyclic sleep is considered sleep deprivation.

Here is what I recommend, have atleast a couple days off work before trying polycyclic sleep. Determine the best poly cycle to fit your daily routine. Use the following two week exercise to ease your body into everyman 3.

Week 1
Day 1 - 3: Reduce core sleep by 3hr only sleeping 5 hours
Day 4-7: Reduce core sleep by one hour (4hr total) and take two naps of 30min (1hr total nap) Total sleep per day (5hr)
You will feel exhausted on day 7 asses your energy level

Week 2
Day 8 - 10: Reduce core sleep by 30min (3.5hr) 3 naps of 20min (1hr) Total sleep (4.5hr)
Day11 - 14: Reduce your core sleep by 30min (3hr) 3 naps of 20min (1hr) Total sleep (4hr)

Tips
Caffine: don't drink caffinated beverage 2hrs before naps or core sleep. Caffine will keep you awake.
Magnesium: Take magnesium 20min prior to core sleep or nap if you're having a tough time sleeping during the day hours
Massive to do list
Eat Healthy
Don't read: Try to have a low reading diet during your 2 week transition. Reading will lull you to sleep
No Masturdation: during transition i reccomend avouiding masturbation if you really want to masturbate/ have sex do it right before you sleep.
>>
>>35485504

Really? I would have thought the one based on light (sleep 5 hours, wake up naturally, sleep another 3 hours) would have aided recovery because it's what we've done since before the lightbulb was invented
>>
>>35485733
Never sleep fore more then scheduled: If you sleep more then scheduled you will feel grogy and might not be tired for your next nap
Sleeping a little less then scheduled is all right
Discuss with your doctor the use of melatonin to help sleep
Keep working out: fitness is still important but, be careful during your 2 week transition

After each nap I feel as if I have a full nights rest I am full of energy and focus. I really enjoy the Everyman 2 and I will continue this poly sleep cycle.
>>
>>35485733
>>35485858
thanks for the info, guess I'm gonna leave it for now.
>>
File: 1432858906059.jpg (56 KB, 554x608) Image search: [Google]
1432858906059.jpg
56 KB, 554x608
>>35485733
>Extra awake time per week vs. monophasic cycle: 29hr 40min
Dude why would you want to feel that you are alive for almost 30 more hours?
>>
>>35487372
I have two jobs with different schedules one is swing shift (3pm - 12am) and the other (7am - 4:30pm). I switched to Everyman 2 because, the conflicting work schedules were draining and left me without time for my passions. Being an A type personality I needed more, I needed to optimize my schedule to get more out of life.
>>
I am on a biphasic now 11:30-5:30, nap after lunch.
OP's picture made me consider to move to everyman
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.