[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
guys i eat frozen broccoli bag every 2 days from whole foods.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 131.jpg (87 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
87 KB, 480x640
guys i eat frozen broccoli bag every 2 days from whole foods.

is that healthy or do i need fresh
>>
frozen is better
>>
I find fresh nicer to eat
>>
>>35478955

Personally, I buy 50$ worth of brocoli, kale, spinach and cauliflowers once a month.

I cut em and put them into big ziploc bags and throw them in the freezer. I actually save decent money doing this, I estimate 30-40%
>>
>>35478955
Frozen is actually healthier
>>
>>35478970
>>35479021

elaborate why or else confirmed for bullshit
>>
It shouldn't be any less healthy. Modern methods of freezing prevent water from entering the cell walls, and draining the nutrients during defrosting
>>
>>35479031
Frozen vegetables are usually frozen pretty soon after they have been harvested. Fresh vegetables lie around for hours or even days before you can eat them. Therefore frozen vegetables usually conserve more vitamins and whatnot.
>>
>>35479031
They're probably saying such a thing because freezing for 3 to 4 weeks destroys most if not all parasites (protozoans and parasitic worms). They usually aren't found in vegetable or fruits, though, so you shouldn't really be worried.
>>
>>35479031
The nutritional value lf fruits and veggies slowly decay over time as the food rots which starts to occur the moment it is picked. Things that are frozen decay slower and t
Were frozen within days of being picked. Fresh is usually days to weeks old sitting in trucks, boxes, or on shelves.
>>
>>35479031
The moment veggies are picked they begin to lose nutrients. Frozen veggies are usually frozen right after being plucked, so the nutrients are lock in. I mean, unless you buy from a farmers market or grow your own produce, store veggies won't have more nutrients. They'll probably taste better though.
>>
>>35479031
Just a guess, maybe because they're not exposed to light and air for very long. Fruit juices lose nutrients due to exposure to light and heat. I imagine that the same thing happens to vegetables.
>>
>>35478955

Read this as "I eat 2 bags every day"

Frozen is fine but eat more than half a bag of broccoli a day, and get some variety in there. Broccoli is great but branch out.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/apples-and-oranges-dietary-diversity/
>>
>>35478955
Defrost first.
>>
>>35478955
You must be the fucking flagrant pharoah of flatulence.
>>
>>35479021
I wouldn't say they are healthier. Yes they are frozen and retain most of the nutrients and are more convenient but 'healthier' they are not. There's not much difference. Now if we are talking canned vegetables to fresh then that's another debate.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.