[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alright /fit/, let's talk "overtraining". Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3
File: pepe.png (146 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
146 KB, 1100x1100
alright /fit/,

let's talk "overtraining". Is it bullshit, or a legitimate concern?

I'm 27, and in relatively good health, been lifting for about 2 years and can run a 5k in under 25 minutes. I've always lifted 3x/week but I lift heavy, so my CNS is always in a state of feeling pretty taxed out. Not on gear.

Can a person like me start lifting heavy 5x/week with good effects, or am I setting myself up for failure?
>>
overtraining just increases your risk of injury from form breakdown during large volume sets. Just be careful and lift bro
>>
>>35476489

most people dont train near their max
>>
Routines, programs, and diets are just a rite of way you know.

Youre supposed to eventually master your body and know how it reacts to certain things.

Personally i lift 6-7 days per week.
>>
If your joints feel fine, lift more everyday
>>
>>35476489
Over training is legitimate especially if you are actually progressing on your lifts and not doing babyweights i.e (anything below 1/2/3/4 for reps)
>>
>>35476489
>relatively good health
>2 years of lifting
you are going at about 40% of the effort i put in and it shows. 6 day PPL or don't bother lifting.
Obviously i know your 3 day schedule has a total of 4 exercises with 5 minute rest between them, never mind you're lifting about 25% as hard as I do.
>>
>>35476489
I lifted 6 to 7 times a week before last summer. I hit a huge plateau and couldn't improve any lift, so I decided to take rest days every 2 days and I've been making gains ever since.
>>
>>35476645
>He thinks more is better.
>He doesn't know about people that literally DL 1000 lbs whilst only training for 3-4 days a week
tiptopkek not even op but you're embarrassing yourself here you probably also superset.
>>
>>35476679
supersetting is god tier for hypertrophy and that's because those people are lifting 1000 pounds they aren't blowing out their cns being barely able to bench 135 like you kiddo.
when you are at the utmost peak where you expend an entire day of energy doing one rep then you can do a 3-4 day split. At a pathetically low level like you it's because you're lazy and a retard.
>>
>>35476720
>Literally has no idea what he's talking about.
>Kiddo
Killing me here lad just stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>35476756
post your body

also I know how your pathetic mind works, you spent a year attempting to hit 1/2/3/4 because you had terrible meme programming and now you're fat ugly and weak.

you literally do not know what you are talking about. Kid
>>
>>35476796
Bro just stop talking already you clearly know fuck all people have literally reached more than you'll ever lift by just doing SS and TM who are both 3 day programs.
>>
>>35476844
they are just programs that focus on eating a shit load of food (extra energy) and focusing solely on compounds, you can progress better on a PPL since there is an element of aesthetics thrown in.

but you are weaker than me and less aesthetic. but like how a fat idiot wants to believe it's his metabolisms fault he's fat, you bought into the 3 day split meme never worked up a sweat in your gym, ate what you want and now you're floating around 25% BF with numbers slightly past a highschool football players levels. And since you wasted a year doing that garbage getting in about 100 lifts where I got 200, you are sticking to your guns so you don't feel like such a huge fucking retard for wasting your own time as well as taking up the weights.

Now post your body
>>
>>35476918
You can't progress better just stop man I literally lifted 1/2/3/4 on SS 6 months on a cut as for TM you don't need high calories you need higher intake.

PPL is shit for progress that's why most if not all PPLers are pathetic sub 190 lbs fuckboys.
Again you're out of your depth here man you clearly know nothing about lifting.
>>
>>35476918
Dis gon be good
>>
I usually am tired to workout 7 days in a row. Full time job and deadlifts beat the fuck outta me.
>>
>>35476991
you'd have no problem posting your body

let's look at this again one more time
you take 4 days off a week, I take one day

in 52 weeks you will have taken 4 times as many rest days as me, (52 for me excluding holidays/ sick days) 208 rest days for you.
is there any question who is more aesthetic? is there any question who is the better athlete?
higher intake means more calories by the way faggot.

anyway post body
>>
>>35476991
PPL faggot needs to post his estats for the rest of us to lol at. BTFO senpai.
>>
>>35477058
So where did you get the idea that less rest means better gains PLG is literally bigger and stronger than all the roid monkeys (topkek had a guy that lifted for 8 years couldn't squat 4 pl8) and yet they lift more?

Higher intake in SS is extreme of 2 to 3 thousand excess meanwhile TM requires only a few hundreds.

Again you're retarded and know nothing about lifting.
>>
>>35477058
Different guy but Andy bolton literally trained his entire life 3 days a week and guy is a better athlete than you doesn't look Aesthetic though give him that.
>>
>>35477116
I didnt say that,I said it was just as good but gives aesthetics as well, as long as you are getting optimal rest and nutrition you can progress just as fast. roid monkeys lift solely for aesthetics 8 hour arms isnt going to give you a big squat. anyway im waiting for your body, you can settle this by posting it but you are afraid since you look like shit.
>>
>>35477177
You can't though mathematically you literally can't just count it for yourself you dumbfaggot.
Why would my body matter though? What would that prove? All I care about is numbers for my next meet lad.
I'll keep saying it till it sticks you don't know shit about lifting.

Hell why don't you post a vid of your main lifts show us your amazing PPL progress.
>>
File: Aquila.jpg (357 KB, 3543x1343) Image search: [Google]
Aquila.jpg
357 KB, 3543x1343
>>35476489
31, 1.5 years of training.

2 days of MMA, 4 days of lifting, one day rest.

As long as you eat like a motherfucker and sleep like the dead, no problem. Go for it Anon.

For 5x/week, try PHAT.
If you're a badassmotherfucker, go for PPLPPLx, either works.
>>
>>35477244
ok you're embarrassed by your body I get it.
>>
>>35477332
So you have no arguments good to know lad.
>>
>>35477332
>>35477374
Can you faggots just post your bodies and be done with it? The build up was great but the end is getting shitty. Surely one of you is more ripped then the other... right??
>>
>>35477463
https://www.instagram.com/autisticlifts/
>>
File: paintlel.jpg (73 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
paintlel.jpg
73 KB, 592x492
>>35476489
>all the ppl retards
>>
>>35477488
BTFO
>>
>>35477488
Which one are you for fucks sake? PPL or 3days?
>>
>>35478473
lol you think that body was built 3 days a week? PPL obviously
>>
>>35476598
You watch too much anime kid
>>
>>35476679
This board has really gone to shit
>>
just don't workout areas that have DOMS
>>
>>35478821

You watch to much greys anatomy fag
>>
What is PPL?
Or 1/2/3/4?
Sorry, I am new :/
>>
>>35479172
long ago before the golden age of fitness weak minded warriors would train their body's three times a week, then the empire fell under siege and the Romans over whelmed sought advice from the seer.
"Seer!" they begged "how will we defeat the evil that be falls our land? our warriors are far too weak and unaesthetic from a 3 day split"
The seer in his infinite wisdom told them to seek the God Hero, the one who attained a perfect mix of strength and aesthetics in a mere six month previously unknown to the kingdom.
So they searched for the God Hero the strongest in the land but could not find him, their armies were dwindling, their forces falling, their people dying.
They returned to the seer in tears begging for help, "seer, please, we need the location of the God Hero" the commander was in tears as his wife had just fallen to the evil empire.
The seer in his infinite wisdom conjured up the last of his power and divined the location of the God Hero, with 3 letters scrippled into the mountain side. With his dying breath he uttered the words "the God Hero must be born, seek knowledge from the mountains"
The commanders son was right about that age where he would have to go off to war, 18, full of youth and vigor, unlike the lazy lard asses plaguing the ranks of the Roman army. He would have tons of energy to spare after the 3 day training sessions.
He looked to the mountains, and only he could see it, the letters inscribed.
P
P
L
the young boy began to train 6 days a week as the empire crumbled, the final battle approached. The evil soldiers had killed everyone and he was the last defense.
They were strong no doubt, 4 day a weekers but they quickly learned they did not have the stamina to keep up with the commanders son. He slayed them effortlessly.
Now just the commander's son and the evil emperor were left, they began to do battle. The evil being was a very powerful 5 day splitter and the commander's son found much trouble in battling him.
>>
>>35479304
the battle continued, 2, 3 ,4 days had passed and the commander's son was losing his edge. The raw unprecedented power of his nemisis is what lead to the take over of the roman empire in the first place. with the hopes of his citizens on his back the commander's son fought, blood and sweat stained the battle ground and another 24 hours passed and the young boy began to slip, his sloppy sword play led to openings in his defense, the evil emperor managed to strike a mortal wound. He only had a matter of time now.
Through sheer luck a heavy fog rolled in preventing a chance for the young boy to escape, however his days were numbered. He was not to last long.
In the mountains where he hid a beautiful woman with piercing eyes undressed him from his armor, the amount of testosterone seeping from her pores was palpable.
You see originally this woman wanted nothing to do with the battle, but when she saw the boy's body as he laid their bare she could not help but be taken in. She patched him up and day six of the fight rolled around.
She begged for him not to go, her hands clawing at his masculine back, but he was not about to rest, at least not on this day.
The enemy was winded, fatigued, and perhaps caught in a frenzy, the only thing keeping him alive was his desire to win. His body only held together by his evil ambitions.
The hero once again looked to the mountains, and drew his sword. There was no holding back. Not this time.
The clang of steel reverberated as the two powerful warriors did battle. This drew the civilians out of hiding and they watched.
The woman who had treated our protagonist before was no ordinary woman. In fact she was the daughter to the seer. In that moment her powers matured and her eyes opened.
A flood of light entrenched the valley, blinding all.
"The G-GOD HERO"
the young warrior's sword glowed a fierce red as his muscled rippled, as though a dam had burst his energy flowed unrelentingly his entire body nearly tripled in size
>>
>>35479432
a nearby straggler who survived on the side of evil a mere 3 day SS-er was completely annihilated and murdered by the sheer force of will that emanated from the hero, his very bones turned to dust so that nothing remained, even his memory was erased from those who knew him.
The evil emperor in a blinded frenzy could not reason that he had been out matched.
The commander's son raised his sword to the sky raising it over his head with both arms. then brought it back down to the Earth and lifed it up using his postier chain.
Grabbing the hilt now imbued with both the powers of the Sky and the Earth he swung his mighty sword releasing a shockwave that ripped the evil emperor apart as well as half the mountain side revealing a enormous cache of gold.
This shockwave then exploded radiating light off into all reaches of the world killing all the evil soldiers since they only trained 3 days a week.

As the emperor's soul was ripped from the very Earth as his body disintegrated under the pressure of the God Hero's swing his final words could be heard
"Muh t-t-texas method.....!! AAHHHH"

And so the story ends with the God Hero marrying the Seer's daughter and creating the most powerful race in the world. Evil never stood a chance against the newly trained PPL'ers and the age of prosperity continued ad infinitum.
THE END
>>
>>35479304
>>35479432
>>35479521
dude wat
>>
>>35479521
!!!!!
Huh
>>
>>35479304
>>35479432
>>35479521
kek
>>
Ss BTFO!
>>
>>35477488
Is this the God Hero?
>>
>>35479432
>high test
Muh sides
>>
>>35476679
Those people that deadlift 1k need a longer rest because that much weight taxes your cns. We're literally shit tier dyels compared to that. So op, increase your days and see how you respond to it.
>>
>>35477488
now lemme see the 3-day
>>
>>35483217
Thank you, i didnt want to write a 5000 word short story just to have it 404 though the creative writing was fun.
Train your mind 6 days a week as well . PPL
>>
>>35476489
>cns taxed

/fit/ has no clue what a taxed CNS is.
Your CNS is fucked when your legs & arms tremor even when you didn't work them out, then when you take a shit it looks like a skinny worm instead of a manly turd. I doubt anyone on /fit/ has every even come close to this.
>>
>>35483925
Also the body
, ligaments, tendons, joints cannot handle 1k daily. This guy though is over head pressing 150 and complaining about overtraining.
>>
>>35476489
Overtraning is a thing if you are natural, tons of people who say it's not use gear.

You don't give your body time to rebuild the muscle since you're constantly breaking it down. The whole idea of building muscle is do excercise to tear the muscle so it can rebuild itself bigger. This takes time.

You risk injury, this alone is the main reason not to overtrain because it kills gains when you damage yourself and have to spend months not lifting to recover.

Ultimately why would you even want to? enjoy some relax time.
>>
>>35484338
>t. Fat ss-er who never tried a real training split
>>
>>35484338
you do rest by hitting a different muscle group, i can literally hear you mouth breathe from here fat ass.
>>
You'll be fine if it's a split (upper lower or push pull variants, brosplits are shit for natties). Full body 5 times a week without gear is asking for no progress though so I hope you mean a split.
>>
>>35485138
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but you need to stop thinking of muscle recovery only affecting the muscles you just worked out the day before. Muscle recovery taxes the same resources no matter where the muscles are in the body––and if you overdue it your body may not be able to cope.
>>
The concept of rest days is perpetuated by crab minded NEET fatasses. They're so caught up in their own excuses that they've actually begun to believe them.
>>
>>35485179
Your body adapts, as long as you get proper nutrition and rest.
>>
>>35485138
>>35484729
Fuck this board has turned to shit since 2 years ago.
>>
>>35485392
You literally have no idea what you are talking about you just want your laziness to be excused
>>
>>35485860
I'm not even the guy you were arguing with.
>>
>>35483925
my legs are shaking sometimes after squats and deads if I add direct abb work. What does it mean?
>>
>>35487877
doesnt mean your cns is overloaded probably that you're just overworked at the time, you cardio vascular system is pumping hard to meet the demand for the work load you are trying to do.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.