[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i'm 6ft tall and currently weight 245lbs, My desired
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: Photo Jan 03, 1 35 20 PM.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
Photo Jan 03, 1 35 20 PM.png
2 MB, 750x1334
So i'm 6ft tall and currently weight 245lbs, My desired body will be in the post after the OP.

I want to lose a lot of weight and gain a fair bit of muscle. I'm not asking to be spoonfed, just asking if there's a guide or a book of some sorts that teaches a novice fat guy what they need to know to get that kind of body. Should I only lift weights or should I also do some cardio since I want to lose that much weight? I want to go on Keto while lifting but what are yall's thoughts on that?
>>
Current body goal
>>
>>35474270
Read the sticky.
>>
File: 1449978596690s.jpg (5 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1449978596690s.jpg
5 KB, 250x250
Dude, did you not see the giant fucking sticky?
>>
No such guides exist. You're doomed.
>>
>>35474270
Read the Sticky or get the dicky
>>
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
Once you learn to put your poo in the loo, you'll learn how to not be fat
>>
>sticky

people are gonna bitch about me suggesting this but Shortcut to size has a really in-depth explanation on dieting

I don't like his lifting routine cause it's not intense enough but if you want a starting place look up Jim Stoppani shortcut to size

it'll give you direction if nothing else
>>
You shouldn't go on keto until you have muscle mass.

A good way to burn fat is to brisk walk for 20 minutes every morning on an empty stomach.

Do HIIT Cardio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kiQ4lhD4g

Scooby's Fat Burning Coleslaw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy5cHheCZSE

Cut out all sugar beverages. Drink nothing but water and green tea.
>>
Go read the sticky.

Come back here and summarize what you are doing, with explanations. Show your work.

This is your assignment. If you don't you're N E V E R G O N N A M A K E I T
>>
>>35474270
If you have an aversion to reading the sticky, the general advice I give you is to pick a weight lifting plan and stick to it. Variations of the 5x5 work.
>>
Your goal body is absolutely achieveable within 2-3 years of training natty.

How?

BY READING THE FUCKING STICKY YOU STUPID FUCK
>>
>>35474306
>>35474311
>>35474320
>>35474327
>>35474332
>>35474336
>>35474356
>>35474366
>>35474368

I've read the sticky and am familiar with most of its advice. I am however trying to lose weight by lifting, and it doesn't differentiate what I should be doing specifically, it just says to lift (unless I missed something). I also wanted to know what you guys think about Keto when it comes to this.
>>
>>35474382
Do the keto if you want, but whatever you do, you have to stick to it. 3 weeks of keto isn't gonna do you much good if you pick up a cheeseburger on the 22nd day.
The sticky also gives several specific guides to weightlifting. There's a free app for Stronglifts 5x5 if you want to do that. I suggest you start there, and try to stick with it for as long as you can--probably 6 months is a realistic time.

6 months isn't a long time if you really think about it. That's only a semester of college. It will take you a couple years to get to the body you want, though, from where you're starting.
>>
>>35474270
sorry bro, you will never be white
>>
File: 1451708027766.jpg (461 KB, 1126x1001) Image search: [Google]
1451708027766.jpg
461 KB, 1126x1001
>>35474382
keto is un-realistic because its offal for a long term lifestyle change.

>get a beingers lifting routine, STICK TO IT
>track what you eat with myfitnesspal (even if its just two weeks so you understand what you eat better)
>eat at a deficit
>drink lots of water, black tea/coffee (nothing else)
>stick to foods on this pic
>>
>>35474457
awful*

idk how i typed offal..
>>
>>35474382
You need to do a baseline of about 4-6 months of a basic program before you really can get serious about specific goals. This is because you're getting those sweet ass noob gains, which burn fat and gain muscle incredibly easy, and learning compound lifts: get yourself to a respectable 5x5/3x5 squat/bench/ohp/deadlift before going into a body recomposition program that'll ask you to do supersets of them 4x20.

And a keto diet is... fine. I suggest having a cup of oats in the morning so that you're not deprived of good carbs.
>>
>>35474382
Basic lifting program. SS or SL. Get an app that tracks your progress.

Drink water or milk. Nothing else.

Eat your oats, protein, and veggies. You got fat because you don't exercise and eat like shit. Counting calories for beginners trying to lose weight will often lead to burnout: just ONLY eat whats on >>35474457 . Its almost impossible to fat if you are exercising, eating your goal bodyweight in grams/protein and having veggies and oats.

After working out, do cardio. Take it easy as to not induce burnout.

YOUR GREATEST ENEMY IS BURNOUT. TAKE IT SLOW AND DO IT RIGHT. YOU WILL NOT GET THAT BODY IN 3 WEEKS, YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN GET IT IN 3 YEARS unless you check out /fraud/.

Go prove everyone wrong and make it by doing it right.
>>
>pajeet
>NYRfag
>fat as fuck
>asking for basic advice on a new fucking topic
>not reading sticky
>not even lurking

See, this shit is why people hate you guys.
>>
>>35474616
>pajeet
Is this some type of nationality or something?
>NYRfag
Wut?
>fat as fuck
Guilty as charged
>not reading sticky
>not even lurking
I've read the sticky and i've lurked before. My specific question was one that the sticky didn't cover (but may have linked to a guide that does cover somewhere)
>>
>>35474333
I don't think he's Indian, more like pacific islander or something.
>>
>>35474270
Holy shit Pajeet how the fuck can you be this stupid kill yourself
>>
>>35474840
Nah, my parents are from Bangladesh so Indian is pretty damn close. I don't really get the poo in your loo reference though. I was raised in the states.
>>
File: india.jpg (4 MB, 6192x3416) Image search: [Google]
india.jpg
4 MB, 6192x3416
>>35474860
You should tell everybody you are from Hawaii.
>>
>>35474815
This thread has all the answers you need. There is literally nothing else that needs to be said. If you really have read the sticky and read the comments here, then you know you don't need to ask for more technical advice until you start hitting .75/1.5/2.25/3 pl8.

Stop shit posting and go work out, fattie.
>>
>>35474877
That image gave me a good 20 mins of keking. Thank u
>>
>>35476518
this desu senpai
>>
and a little bit of cardio is never wrong.
>>
Lift, eat at a light deficit, do cardio on 2 of the 3 rest days, eat protein. There is nothing more to it.
>>
>>35474591
Not op but what's burnout?
>>
poo in the loo
>>
>>35474270
OP for the record you could achieve you body goal in roughly 3 years.

I would suggest you begin by only lifting and eating extremely clean food only, such as pictured in >>35474457

You will need dedication though. Gym 5 times per week minimum. 1h30+ each time.

The hardest battle will be in the kitchen. Good luck
>>
File: dinosaur.gif (21 KB, 451x75) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur.gif
21 KB, 451x75
>>
>>35479250
Really? I was thinking of going 3X per week just doing the Stronglifts 5X5 program as this guy suggested >>35474405
>>
>>35474877
OP here

If someone showed that image to me, I would be more ashamed that I associate with someone who browses 4chan and /pol/ nonetheless than I would be for being brown.
>>
>>35474877
savage
>>
>>35479641
where r u gonna do cardio? outside in the cold snow?

think about this

i go to the gym and lift for an hour and 20 mins~
then 4 or 5 hours later i go again and just do some leg stretching and cardio + abs

easily done by a student, so try to devise a plan to hit the gym and get ur workouts right.

but cardio is gonna FOR YOU should be V important.
>>
>>35479833
So when you said I should go five times a week some of those were Cardio days?

So I should do Cardio as well with my lifting? I've read that the lifting itself would help me lose weight, i'm sure the Cardio would help more but wouldn't that also decrease my gains?
>>
ill giv him until mid feb
>>
>>35480365
fuck you
>>
>>35480390
OP here, this isn't me

>>35480365
Thanks for the support! <3
>>
>>35474270
>Indian
HAHAHAHAHA, Have fun having to work twice as hard to get the normal results of everyone else
>>
>>35479673
>browses 4chan and /pol/
Well, ur a fag.
>>
File: ....jpg (62 KB, 444x563) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
62 KB, 444x563
>>35474270
>40kg heavier than me
>smaller tits
>>
>falling for the keto troll

never go full retard
>>
You are Indian, just enjoy life man. No hot body will ever really give you the benefits that others have, so if I was you I wouldn't bother. No offence, you seem like a lovely guy and some exercising will be good for you and make you feel great.
>>
Losing weight is 95% diet 5% exercice.
30 minutes run = 400 calories burned
60 minutes run = 900
That's it. Now lift hard and eat less
>>
>>35483444

thats the dumbest shit i ever heard
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.