[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time for gloves/wraps?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_0674.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0674.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I've been lifting for several years now and never used gloves or wraps.

It's at the stage now where the soreness of my callouses is so bad that I stop some sets before completion, and I'm holding the bar/weight on my finger tips rather my hands.

So, what does /fit use, and why do you prefer them over the other?
>>
>>35469871
Do you hold the bar in your fingers or palm for pulling movements?
>>
File: IMG_20160103_135607.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160103_135607.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Keep lifting faggot
>>
my grip strength is shit too, i cant even diddly lmao3pl8 without hookgrip
>>
>>35469891
I always start with it in my hand, and 9/10 will finish with it there.

When the callouses get too sore, I tend to move the bar to my fingers slightly to alleviate it.
>>
Make sure that your gloves match the colour of your handbag.
Also, wearing gloves you can really give your bf some silky handjobs.
>>
Just make sure to match the color with your purse. This is important
>>
>>35469901
I'd rather avoid looking like my Muslim father threw acid over me for dishonouring the family.
>>
>>35469942
In English you muslim trash
>>
>>35469871
the soreness will go away, your hands will get thick as fuck and it wont harm you in 6months
>>
>>35469871
If I get sore, I give my hands a break and do things that don't require a rough bar for a while. Stuff like pullups, cardio (reeeeeeee), bodyweight (pushups, situps), and maybe some dumbbell shit.
>>
>>35469911
when pulling, always hold the bar in your fingers, if you start with the bar in your palm the gravity will move it to fingers anyway, rubbing it against your palm
watch rippetoe on grabbing the bar on youtube
>>
>>35469871

>so what does /fit/ use?

a proper grip, faggot
>>
>>35469911
This is your problem. You need to grab it in the base of your fingers.

http://stronglifts.com/deadlift/grip/

Read the second section.
>>
>>35469871
nothing wrong with gloves if they work for you. don't take the memes seriously
>>
>>35470050
Gloves for deadlifts will only increase the distance between your hand and the bar. So it's harder to grip the bar, cause now you add the glove to the thickness of the bar. This will not help your deadlift
>>
>>35470070
probably best to try and see if the benefits outweigh the drawbacks t b h
>>
>>35470075
What benefit? It's a fact that a thicker thing is harder to grip. A proper grip will benefit you much better. If grip strength starts to stall, keep your deadlift as long as you can on last rep or add farmer walks. Or use a mixed grip on your s
>>
>>35470087
so you've never tried them?
>>
>>35470090
I did. I started with a bro split. Gloves and all. Then I discovered squats and deadlifts and I stalled heavy on the dead at 120 for like 2 months. Then someone told me to lose the gloves and showed me how to grip. In one month I was at 130 and it just went up from there. Gloves hurt grip strength. I can deadlift 170 kg now with overhand. Sure I stalled sometimes with grip failing but I just persevered and it went through. Gloves are huge meme. You can avoid caluses just fine with right grip
>>
>>35470108
that's interesting. i found they helped.
>>
Learn how to grip the bar properly first.
Work on grip by doing farmer's walks, krok rows etc.
Straps are good for volume work if grip isn't an issue
Gloves are utterly useless.
>>
I work with my hands doing manual labor and dont use gloves for lifting. I have found that a little bit of lotion before you go to bed will help out and keep your hands pliable.

>inb4 some stupid fap joke
>>
Time to learn how to grip the bar correctly I'd say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4
>>
>>35469986
>>35470029
>>35469963

Cheers guys, will give this a shot for several months and see how it goes :)
>>
>>35470146
>Gloves are utterly useless.
not true, they do just what you think they do, they prevent calluses

why are you faggots so hellbent on not using them is beyond me
>>
>>35470247
it's weird isn't it, like there are man points to be achieved by not wearing them or something. no one cares.
>>
>>35470247
I used gloves and still had caluses
>>
>>35470282
your gloves are shit then, since I bought mines my hands are baby smooth again
>>
Notsheriff just me but I like the way the bar feels scraping against my calluses when doing a set
>>
>>35469961
>MFW England is a Muslim country
>>
>>35470247
>they prevent calluses
What is the supposed advantage of this?
Shoul i wear gloves while playing guitar to prevent calluses on my fingertips as well?
>>
>>35469961
praise allah, our country of England is a great one indeed brother
>>
>>35470117
>>35470108
I personally use very thin gloves for the warm ups, and then take them off for the real set. Works well, and I don't transform into a subhuman like >>35469901
>>
>>35469901
Goodluck trying to get a girl with those fucked up hands.
>>
>>35469871
Just file them down and maybe use wraps for deadlifting.
Pic of my hand after bouldering session.
>>
>>35469871
I don't even have much feeling in my callouses area

Then again I do have girthy hands that are relatively have no feeling in them
>>
>>35472824
Thanks, I'm buying gloves tomorrow
>>
>>35469921
Easy brofessor
>>
>>35472824
getting some gloves because of this photo t b h
>>
>>35473413
>>35473472
I haven't been lifting for a few months now because of a back injury. That's all from bouldering.
>>
>>35469871
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6YoMEPO3ck
quit being stupid OP
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.