[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Muscle memory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 750x863) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 750x863
How good is muscle memory? Can you really get your lost gains back quickly after a break from the gym.

I haven't trained in 2 months because of injuries. Waited till I was 100%. If my diet and routine is good how long can it take for me to get my lost strength and size back?
>>
>>35459153
It should come back pretty quickly. If you only took of two months than you should be back to normal within around two months.
>>
>>35459153
Muscle memory is related to technique not strength. After about a month you should definitely be back to normal.
>>
>>35459153
When I started serving I lost like 8lbs or so pretty quickly with all the extra walking and not increasing calories. Put it back on and then some pretty fast without gaining too much fat.

It's definitely easier to regain muscle once you've hit that mark.
>>
File: 1411398647868.png (1 MB, 992x967) Image search: [Google]
1411398647868.png
1 MB, 992x967
Been there, breh. I'm coming off a two month break as well, actually. Not the first time I've done this either. In my experience, it takes about two weeks back in the gym for me to stop feeling small. But it kinda seems like size comes back faster than strength. Ymmv of course
>>
>>35459444
Who came up with that chart?
>>
>>35459444

>corn good and not best (in natura)
>white rice on fair
>those best proteins
>avocado on proteins FUCK
>eggs not best
>eggs no fucking fair
>lean ground beef on fair

fuck this vegan bullshit shitty chart
>>
>>35459697
It has "organic free range eggs" in the 'best' section. Agreed, it has its flaws. But it's helpful
>>
>>35459426
You work in a restaurant? My brother does too and he finds it super hard to put on weight. At least you're getting them cardio gains

>>35459444
Not too much damage then I hope. I'm just mad I had to cut my bulk short
>>
>>35459621
some obviously retarded vegan
>>
>>35459399
sorta

the term "muscle memory" usually refers to your brain remembering how to do stuff that's usually more fine motor than weightlifting, but I think the OP is talking about the thing that happens where your nerves have to kind of recalibrate if you stop lifting for a while/when you first start lifting.
>>
>>35459444

This chart is trash. In what world is fucking cranberry juice(straight sugar) better than pasta or rice
>>
>>35459742
>>35459697
>>35459621
>>35459444
What a bullshit chart... this must have come from Toxins and Cleanses: A Hippie Daily Blog
>>
File: image.gif (24 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
24 KB, 200x200
After years and years of lifting, I find I am an easy gainer at this stage in my lifting career.

Last year I went to Cambodia for 3 months and lost about 10lbs from diarrhea and rice.

I started hitting the gym later on while I was there and went back into my routine when I got back and gains returned in no time. Was probably back to where I was within a month.
>>
File: asparaguswater.jpg (89 KB, 1042x586) Image search: [Google]
asparaguswater.jpg
89 KB, 1042x586
>>35459444
every time I see this chart posted it pisses me off through its sheer retardation.

>entire premise of chart is fucking stupid because the suggested macros are retarded to begin with
>doesn't take macro ratios in food into account, which is 95% of what makes food "healthy" or not
>top protein sources are fucking TERRIBLE sources of protein, with the exception of fish
>"organic" foods placed well above the non-organic versions despite being IDENTICAL in real life
>higher tier carb sources are tons of sugar (molasses? organic honey?????????)

This chart is a fucking embodiment of "health" marketing of overpriced crap, I can just imagine the type of person who made it: some insufferable hippie who does all their shopping at Whole Foods who would buy pic related, goes on about healthy fats and antioxidants, and eats shit macros while thinking they're "healthy" because they do juice cleanses and drink herbal tea while remaining an auschwitz DYEL lanklet, the only thing preventing them from being fat as shit being the fact that they pay 18 bucks a pound for their organic free range environmentally conscious humanely raised chicken breast.

YES I'M MAD
>>
Haven't lifted in 10 years. Graduated high school at 17-18 years old 235 lbs and bench 385, squat 450, deadlift 500. I'm 6'3". Haven't really lifted since. Had some manual labor jobs helping me stay in shape but now have a good paying desk job, unfortunately put on some weight. I weight about 285 now. Still have a decent base of muscle to work with from all the lifting and powerlifting I did back then. My LBM is estimated at 220-230. Hoping to lose this fat and get stronger in a reasonable amount of time. Contemplating a PHUL routine.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.