[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point does it become acceptable to quit lifting? Before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Veni-vidi-vici.jpg (114 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Veni-vidi-vici.jpg
114 KB, 1920x1200
At what point does it become acceptable to quit lifting? Before you all start calling me a lazy faggot, I still love training my body and want to be active as much as possible, I don;t ever want to feel like I'm 'giving up'. I'm just finding lifting weights at the gym really boring, even when I'm pushing PRs. It's lonely and transport to the gym is expensive and it doesn't exactly get me outside much. I also feel like mentally I've gained all I can from lifting, I now have much greater willpower and dedication, but I want to focus this energy elsewhere. There's lots of other stuff I want to do (Judo, swimming, mountaineering etc) and it feels like lifting every other day is really holding me back from doing these things. At the same time I don't want to lose the progress I've achieved so far, been lifting for about a year and a half now.

So, blogpost aside, are there any activities/sports other than lifting that I can do to continue to consistently build muscle and functional strength?
>>
>>35458697
>He thinks lifting 18 months is enough
>>
>>35458712
I don't think it's enough. That's why I want to continue to build strength. I'm just saying that so people don't get the impression I'm a DYEL who tried SS for two weeks and found it too difficult.
>>
>>35458697
OP, you'll pick up these hobbies, maybe stick to them for a few months.... Then stop because they are boring, as all things become as they become easier.

And that will be your life, back to a regular fag.
>>
>>35458746
How do you know I would stop? I know people who have been training at things like swimming and rowing for over a decade, and they apparently haven't got bored. I loved the challenge of lifting but it's not hard to make myself do it anymore so I don't know what I'm getting out of it as opposed to a sport where I could have fun and travel and meet new people.
>>
any combat sport honestly
>>
>>35458697
calisthenics maybe?
>>
File: worlds-oldest-triceps.jpg (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
worlds-oldest-triceps.jpg
55 KB, 400x400
>>35458697
Now you have begun...
You never stop...
You just slow down....
You lift until you die.
>>
>>35460243
then you die and spent eternity pushing a rock up a hill. FEELS GOOD.
>>
>>35458697
Then just pick up something else what you like, why do you need /fit/'s approval? Just do it and be happier with it.
>>
>>35458697
Cut your training down to a few times a week to try and maintain.
>>
>>35458697
it's a life time thing, if you get to a point where you're content then lift and eat a certain way to maintain that
>>
>>35458697

Do a bodybuilding show, power-lifting competition or become a PT. Make your fitness interest more than something to get you out of the house. Keep up with your gym stuff but take up something like you mentioned like a martial art or swimming.
>>
>>35458697
how about trying to do the things, which make u happy...try to excell in something and don´t do something u hate, just because u want gains

btw
>I also feel like mentally i´ve gained all I can from lifting
>been lifting for about a year
>>
>>35458697
>rock climbing for dat upper body strength
>running/cycling for legs
>swimming to work core
sorted m8
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.