[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just bought a trainer for my bike. Problem is I need to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_6705.jpg (2 MB, 3089x2285) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6705.jpg
2 MB, 3089x2285
So I just bought a trainer for my bike. Problem is I need to install training tire for my back wheel. I can change a wheel no problem but this yellow wheel from hell is impossible to put on. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>>/n/ will be better equipped to help you out. Are the forks too narrow?
>>
You don't have to use the training tire. if you have a road tire that will work fine but it will slip every so often. If you can't get it on yourself, get a cycle shop to do it for you.
>>
File: IMG_20160101_232450.jpg (641 KB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160101_232450.jpg
641 KB, 3072x1728
This is where I'm at :/
>>
>>35453728
It's a cross so it has some knobs, they will get ruined over the next few months unfortunately.
>>
>>35453680
And I'll check with /n/ thanks.
>>
Work the slack from the rest of the tire around to the part that still needs to go over. It's hard to tell that there's slack, but there is.

Aside from that, since you're probably not in a bike shop and therefore have no metal tire levers, you may need to improvise with a screwdriver. Try not to, though; the rage if you fuck up the tube will be immense.
>>
>>35453840
Do you have tire levers? Have you ever changed a tire before?
>>
>>35453840
Ah the last couple of inches are allways a bitch, just take it slow with the tire levers on each side.

>>35453884
This dude has good advice, put the part that you're trying to get over the rim against your chest and grab at the opposite sides with both hands and slowly try to pull the slack to the last part of the tire.
>>
>>35453917
Yes I have levers but they are really thick. I've never installed a trainer tire before though and didn't think it would be that tough.
>>
>>35453928
Its the same as a normal tire not to hard to do. Put one lever in then lever in the bit right next to it. Remove the first lever and repeat
>>
>>35453884
This but I've always used a butter knife instead of a screwdriver.
>>
I got it, thanks for the help on that slack. I was able to pull it toward me and roll it over, it was tough.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.