[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eating chicken liver, and thinking about all the cholesterol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: liver-the-uncool-superfood.png (2 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
liver-the-uncool-superfood.png
2 MB, 2816x2112
Eating chicken liver, and thinking about all the cholesterol it has.

I know eating cholesterol isn't bad by itself, but paired with saturated fat, that's when shit happens. If a half cup of chicken liver is by itself 395 mg of cholesterol, and I consume 18-23 g of saturate fat a day, am I setting myself up for something bad?
>>
>eating unethical
>>
>>35451691
nah man its fine livers fucking fantastic for you, plus that test increase. Just eat it once a week.
>>
Saturated fat isn't bad and eating cholesterol isn't bad
>>
>>35451729

This desu
>>
>>35451729
>>35451753
What's the deal with everyone freaking out about it? My father has to take medicine for his increased cholesterol - I don't want to fuck myself up trying to pick on muscle.
>>
>>35451765
eating cholesterol doesn't raise your cholesterol levels, basically
>>
>>35451765

Tell your dad to stop having shitty genetics
>>
>>35451691

One caution though: Animal sources of Vit A are usually not good as they deliver it as one big lump that can't all be absorbed. Beta-carotene is better for Vit A.
Still, liver is a good protein source that is quite undervalued.
>>
Is liver cheaper then chicken? Money is going to be really tight the next few months, am I'm looking to spend as little as possible and still gain mass.
>>
>>35451729
>Saturated fat isn't bad

That's actually not true.

It's just not clear cut.
>>
>>35451933
Will vouch for this.

Know a story of an artic explorer or who got lost and decided to eat his sledge dogs. He used every part of them including the liver.

Ate an entire dog liver, ridiculously high in vitamin A, went into convulsions and died.
>>
Livers are great for iron. If you're not getting enough or malnourished. Some bros have malabsorption difficulty with iron. Love it - eat partial paleo diet. Great for energy. Breathe into your lungs and nuts, brothers.
Peace
>>
>>35452041
you seem a bit off
>>
>>35451691
Who would eat chicken liver over calf liver, much less beef liver
>>
>>35452000
Jesus that sounds horrible

Also, check'd
>>
>>35451765
People who are fay and eat like shit had bad cholesterol basically. Anyway under 50 years old it's not even something to concern yourself with unless you're a fat greasy fuck
>>
>>35451691
Don't eat polar bear liver.

You'll get vitamin A poisoning.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.