[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck ketogenic diey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 20160101_182650.jpg (498 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160101_182650.jpg
498 KB, 2048x1152
ITT: ask anything to a guy that's about to leave planet keto after exploring it for the past 2 weeks
>>
2 weeks isn't enough to know shit about keto
>>
>>35450163
Are you too much of a pussy to commit to something that takes dedication?
>>
Good, let the carbs flow through you
>>
You spent christmas on keto? I'm sorry family.
>>
>>35450176

I've seen and experienced enough
>>
>>35450163
all these diet fads are pretty fukin annoying. just eat healthy is its that important
>>
>>35450163
I bet your >>35450228
A strict keto diet specifically states that results aren't immediate, and it takes several weeks for your body to convert to ketosis you fucking pleb
>>
>>35450202
my lifts have been a joke at the gym, I have constant brain fog and low energy. I had to miss a day from work because I felt like shit.

My heart rate is unstable and ridiculously high... I don't see any reasons why I should continue. The cons outweight the pros

And apparently it may take several more weeks of this bullshit until I'm ''fully adapted''... man fuck that
>>
>>35450163
So much carbs will be a shock for your stomach and it will hurt like hell. Seems like you learned shit about keto before even doing it
>>
>>35450285
Then you should be aware that it also states that you should not participate in any strenuous activity such as weight training and/or cardio. That's why you feel like shit.
>>
>>35450313
OP is a fucking retard and his body will probably go into shock. I say abandon thread and let him die.
>>
>>35450285
Then you're doing it wrong. In proper ketosis you have more mental clarity and improved stamina, though your maximum strength potential is lower due to lack of glucose. I bet you haven't been tracking your electrolytes. Most keto newbies don't supplement salt and potassium. They just look at macros and forget about the details.
>>
OP here

god I feel the power flowing through my veins again...!

and yes I did supplement sodium/magnesium/potassium, ate a lot of coconut oil, avocados,, eggs, fatty fishes, fatty meat. Only had green leafy vegetables as carbs. I drank a shitload of water and broth everyday.

I gave it my best shot and I don't see the point of continuing. I'm 5'11 215lbs 14-17% BF and I need my carbs to function and lift.
keto ain't for me
>>
>>35450387

Maximal broscience
>>
>>35450643
No broscience about it. That's what keto does for you. It removes glucose so you're burning fat and ketones for energy. This means more stamina because the energy is slow but limitless. It also means decreased quick power because ketones and fat don't burn as fast as glucose. It improves mental clarity too. But keto diets lack electrolytes which leads to "keto flu" or headaches and muscle cramps from electrolyte imbalance. Didn't you do any research first OP? These are basics of keto.
>>
>>35450622
>5'11 215lbs 14-17% BF
Ayyy lmao
>>
>>35450677
more like 205 lbs actually

I have been lifting for 8 years though
>>
>>35450622
Try it again. Give yourself a full 30 days. If it doesn't change your life, then you've lost nothing. But two week isn't long enough. You're still in the adaptation period. Keto ain't easy and it ain't for everyone. But a lot of people would benefit from it. Sounds like hyperbole and tree hugging hippy bullshit, but sugar is literally poisonous to the human body. Even if you don't do keto, at least stop eating fructose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
>>
>2 weeks
>fully experience keto

OP confirmed for faggot
>>
>>35450986
my keto pee sticks confirmed I was in ketosis after 4 days
>>
>>35450285
you shitposting again, gaynon?
>>
>>35451068
And it takes several weeks after you're in ketosis for you body to make all the adaptations. You don't really start to normalize in ketosis until you're in it for several weeks to a month.
>>
File: Untitled.png (844 KB, 1187x705) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
844 KB, 1187x705
>>35450163
>2 weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PETt43CgHk

Obviously trolling
>>
>>35451270
for how long have you been keto, whats's your height/weight and years lifting? Also provide a body pic if possible. Prove me keto is superior without linking some meaningless article or video.

>PS: I DARE ANY KETO BODYBUILDER RIGHT NOW TO THE SAME

you keto cock suckers talk a lot of shit but let's see those great sub 10% bodies you pansy weakling buttercock suckers
>>
>>35450163
OP, you are confirmed to enter orbit of planet Knautgannamåkeeet, permission granted.
>>
>>35451305
>endurance athlete

implying I,m gonna waste 10mins watching your shit
>>
>>35451322
1.5 years on and off keto. 5'11", lifting for same amount of time. I have lost 60 pounds and put on a lot of muscle in that time. My BMI is probably half what it was. Keto is great for cutting fat and building muscle, but it is not good for powerlifting. No one ever said it was. It will reduce your maximum strength by a good 10%. If you want to lift heavy things you're better off carbo loading. If you want to cut fat, there's nothing better than keto this side of Auschwitz.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-01-20-25-16.png (162 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-01-20-25-16.png
162 KB, 720x1280
OP here

wow I feel so good after eating all that ice cream. My mind is sharp again and my crazy heart rates from high fat seem better already
>>
>>35451423
Sugar increases heart rate and triglyceride levels. Eating fat does not.
>>
>>35451452

you are right.
My heart rates sky rocketing on high fat was pure imagination. I know you are not me, but certainly you are in a better position than myself to judge whether or not I had a faster heart rate on keto!

>tl;dr: fuck off
>>
File: Kobe.webm (3 MB, 640x328) Image search: [Google]
Kobe.webm
3 MB, 640x328
>>35451332
>planet Knautgannamåkeeet
>>
Did keto for 4 weeks, here's what I found
> Suddenly impossible to get pumps
> Look flat/depleted
> Dehydrated constantly
> Pissing every 5 minutes
> Feels like my kidneys are dying
> Cholesterol went out of range
> Lifts went down
>>
>>35450176
This is true, but keto still sucks for performance.
>>
I'm doing it right now. Just started today
>inb4nyrfaghuehue

What can I expect in the first two weeks?
>>
>>35451494
I my average heart rate decreased 20% on keto. My cholesterol levels are perfect on keto.
>go back to sugar
>cholesterol skyrockets
>heart rate increases
>>
>>35451718
Carb cravings at first, they go away in a week or two. Maybe keto flu if you're unlucky. After that you can expect decreased appetite, increased endurance, clearer thinking, rapid fat loss, improved cholesterol, and peeing a lot as you lose water weight.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.