[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a decent answer on this, and the sticky isn't helping.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 12239464_5d0f701575_b.jpg (399 KB, 1024x997) Image search: [Google]
12239464_5d0f701575_b.jpg
399 KB, 1024x997
I need a decent answer on this, and the sticky isn't helping.

When should I be doing cardio? After workouts? On rest days?

How long should I be doing it?

I keep seeing "don't do too much cardio or you'll lose muscle," but what's too much?

tl;dr - how to do cardio and still get big
>>
shameless self-bump
>>
Cardio kills gains is a dumb meme.

Run in the mornings. Barring that, run after you lift.

Everything else depends on your goals. Why are you doing cardio? General health?
>>
>>35449219
I run 5-10km on rest days
>>
>>35449567

The only issue when determining when to run is to minimize the impact of running on your lifting sessions. You need to make sure they don't interfere with your recovery too much, and that you're not going to the gym still tired from running. So after workouts, on the first rest day of 2 rest days, etc. is a good time to run.
>>
>>35449219
>On rest days?
>>35449567
>on rest days

Enjoy you're no gains
>your body is recovering from training and is trying to build muscle
>you go for a 1 hour run in rest days
>your body is like "take a load of this guy" and just says "fuck your new muscles, gotta fix your recover from cardio now wtf"
Do cardio only on training days; a little as pre-workout, as much as you wish after work-out (until your glycogen reserves are totally emptied) and before final stretching (stretching : foam rollers = wearing a glove : curing AIDS)

Friends don't let friends do cardio on rest days
>>
>>35449219
>I keep seeing "don't do too much cardio or you'll lose muscle," but what's too much?
About three-fiddy
>http://www.strengtheory.com/?s=cardio
>http://www.strengtheory.com/practical-considerations-for-combining-cardiovascular-training-and-lifting/
>http://www.strengtheory.com/avoiding-cardio-could-be-holding-you-back/
Also,
DISREGARD
ALL
THE
HIIT
FAGGOT
>Low intensity cardio should be prioritized over interval training for the most part
>>
File: back with lyrics.jpg (996 KB, 2406x2435) Image search: [Google]
back with lyrics.jpg
996 KB, 2406x2435
>>35449773
Can agree. For cardiovascular health, Low intensity is the shit. You do your HIIT in the gym already, the heart doesn't know the difference between a sprint or say, a heavy deadlift.
>>
File: jackie_chun.jpg (89 KB, 750x670) Image search: [Google]
jackie_chun.jpg
89 KB, 750x670
You can use cardio as a general warmup, also do cardio on rest days
>>
>>35450966
>do cardio on rest days
stop. suggesting. that.
>>
>>35451040
Why?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.