[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be military >Morning workouts are subject to whoever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: anBvmRB_700b.jpg (91 KB, 451x830) Image search: [Google]
anBvmRB_700b.jpg
91 KB, 451x830
>Be military
>Morning workouts are subject to whoever is higher ranking than I am with some level of predictability
>Full of stupid crossfit shit and bodyweight exercises and shit loads of rucking
>Working out at the afternoon for "gainz" or "beach muscles" are fucking up my morning workout and vice-versa
>e.g. trying to do bench more and add more weight at the bar is fucking my APFT-pushup score
>e.g. trying to get bigger legs and squatting fucks up my run time and ruck time

What do? Good thing I am on a perma-cut/slow-bulk otherwise I would be super pissed if I lose gainz because of the rucking and running

High test Durka SGM for your help and suggestions
>>
Leave the army and become a IT guy
>>
Are you really complaining about being too sore for pushups after benching? Grow a pair. The only problem you might have would be squatting after a 12 miler. Eat more carbs.
>>
File: hnnnnggg.jpg (48 KB, 306x463) Image search: [Google]
hnnnnggg.jpg
48 KB, 306x463
>>35447699
Oh I have a year left!

Going to grad school full time!

>Go to NYU on dat dere GI Bill
>Rent/smooch from childless Aunt and Uncle in NJ (commuter masterrace) since I am their favorite nephew
>Pocket the rest of that E5 married BAH for NY = $$$$
>Meet NYC gf
>????
>profit and manage hedgefunds for the rest of mi life

But for now, I gotta work around what I got
>>
I was more unfit in the Army than I am now.
Literally makes no sense.

The PT sessions would usually consists of one of a few things.

>Steady state run (Literally like 3 miles at a jogging pace)
>Some BULLSHIT cross fit circuit
>Some other type of circuit
>Some other type of circuit
>Run
>Run

Me and a few others preparing for P coy literally asked if we could just do our own Phys.

Standard British Army fitness is fucking appalling.
>>
>>35447685

You are a soldier. Soldier fitness is not weight-room gainz. You need to be ready at a moments notice to do physical activity - running, jumping, lifting, carrying, humping.

Until you find another income than my tax dollars, you will show up to morning PT and you will perform to the best of your ability.

Now stand your post.

And thank you for your service.
>>
File: 1360340563638.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1360340563638.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>35447708
>Are you really complaining about being too sore for pushups after benching?

Nah it just feels... heavy. Like after I max out on bench the day before during the morning PT I can barely do 20! It just feels, tight!

Basically what I am asking is;

>Is there a specific rep-range, maybe workout program that people in the military do to be the best in both worlds? (beach muscle and military)

And yes, squatting after a 12 miler will snap your shit up.

Thank heavens they are sending me to Brigade S1 in a couple of months maybe its greener on the other side
>>
>>35447734
Weight lifting would be beneficial to the average soldier.
>>
File: 1357434551222.jpg (103 KB, 519x439) Image search: [Google]
1357434551222.jpg
103 KB, 519x439
>>35447734
>And thank you for your service.

I have not kill anyone to get the most of your tax dollars. Thank you for your support.

>Soldier fitness is not weight-room gainz. You need to be ready at a moments notice to do physical activity - running, jumping, lifting, carrying, humping.

So we cant do both?

>>35447732
IKR? The "PT Studs" in the Battalion are skinnyfat DYELs

Thanks to Hollywood civilians think that Soldiers are fit motherfuckers. Nope.jpg

>Overheard at the bar
>"yeah I am a soldier blah blah blah"
>"You are? How come your arms are skinny?"
>holyshitburn.jpg
>>
>>35447781
>>35447803

I was a Marine, so I know how retarded the military can be weight. I would suggest just taking it slower. Lower the slope of your progress.

Yes, weight lifting is beneficial, to everyone. But there are ways you can do this and still show up for the morning cross-fit idiocy and get through it.
>>
>>35447803
No you can't
The point of current military exercise is for flexibility in split second decisions and cardio cardio cardio.
You don't need to lift like a motherfucker to be a soldier because few and far between will strength like that ever be required. What is required though is solid core strength fo carrying your gear and being able to gtfo any second for whatever reason. If this was the early 1800's yes lifting would be very beneficial but combat doesn't work that way anymore.
You're the faggot who decided to join the military, those forms you signed made you their property until you are no longer an occupational servicemen which means you only do what they need you to do.
When you join the military you don't do it to get buck because getting buck is nowhere near the point of it.
Do your time, take your welfare check, and THEN go ahead and lift. Don't waste tax dollars and don't do shit that could get you killed
>>
File: q764gfhjsav.jpg (45 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
q764gfhjsav.jpg
45 KB, 453x604
>>35447909
>The point of current military exercise is for flexibility in split second decisions and cardio cardio cardio.
>You don't need to lift like a motherfucker to be a soldier because few and far between will strength like that ever be required. What is required though is solid core strength fo carrying your gear and being able to gtfo any second for whatever reason. If this was the early 1800's yes lifting would be very beneficial but combat doesn't work that way anymore.

>probably never served
>probably never lifted either

Athletes are aesthetic as fuck and can still do all of the above you just mentioned. And if you think you need specialized fitness to do Army stuff, you are wrong.

You are right when you say that there is a baseline needed for performance. But after that you can pretty much work on strength and aesthetics and is still able to perform your job.

As for OP, just eat more. There is no going around it.
>>
>>35447803
It used to really annoy me being told what to do by a PT who resembled a fucking twig.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.