[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stronglifts 5x5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2015-12-31-18-22-02.png (142 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-31-18-22-02.png
142 KB, 1080x1920
What do you rate?
>>
>5x5

just lol
>>
File: strong-lifts-program-summary.jpg (17 KB, 489x139) Image search: [Google]
strong-lifts-program-summary.jpg
17 KB, 489x139
>>35443709

Wrong image
>>
>>35443709

Its a reasonable beginners routine put together by a guy who thinks he's much more important than he actually is.
>>
>>35443709
There's an archived post somewhere that states that Stronglifts is literally a meme, because it aimed for marketing itself instead of truly wanting the user to improve. Its a copy of a copy (SS) of Reg Park's 5x5, which actually does 3x5 for many of its lifts, according to the archived post, IIRC.

Personally, I switched from SL to SS and making linear babby gains was easier; don't feel as fatigued.
>>
Would adding in some 3x8 Barbell curls and pull ups be a good idea?
>>
>>35444253
yeah and some calf raises too
>>
>>35443720
This. Mehdi is a douche.

It's a good program, just do 3x5 and add some chins and dips.
>>
His website has lots of good information about form honestly.
I never followed his program but I've read up on most of my lifts from his website, him and that viking looking Alan guy.
>>
I did SL for 3 months, was a complete stallfest, took up way too much time, sucked balls.

now in doing SS, my lifts are rocketing up, i spend less time on it so have more time for accessories, and am having much more fun.

SL is a strictly inferior version of SS imo.
>>
Useful website, complete rip off of SS. Just do SS
>>
>>35444400

He's not that bad. His site has some good info for free. And he spends his own money to host the Madcow archive, which is a 180 read whether you're doing the Madcow/Texas Method or something else.

But, if I could go back, I would have done SS instead. Doing 5x5 squats with fairly heavy weight basically means that you're doing the volume day on Texas Method every single fucking workout, lmao.
>>
>>35443709
Don't squat 3 days a week, squat 1 day a week

I did SL for about 6 months, I definitely saw strength gains but my jeans stopped fitting because my thighs got so huge from all the squatting. Doesn't help that when I bulk my fat gets heavily distributed towards my thighs. SL's a good starter program but I'd be wary of leg size. Might just be a personal genetic issue.
>>
>>35445558
>squat 2 days a week
fify
>>
File: 1445285528171.jpg (142 KB, 450x599) Image search: [Google]
1445285528171.jpg
142 KB, 450x599
>>35445558

Every competent noob program will result in temporary Trexism, as the legs are naturally stronger and easier to grow than the upper body. It will balance out over time, and you will have some seriously mirable legs eventually.

plus the work done by the whole posterior chain will hugely benefit almost all of your other compound lifts. dont try and modify the program as a beginner, youll just fuck it up.
>>
Why do people always talk as if SL is 5x5 from beginning to end? You're supposed to switch to 3x5 after a while, though the rules for when to do so are admittedly somewhat arbitrary. Any reasonable person would switch to 3x5 as soon as 5x5 hindered progress. Personally I quite liked the extra volume to practice form in the beginning, and 5x5 for OHP worked for quite a while. I also had to add bench volume at lower intensity after switching to 3x5, because that was too little volume for consistent progression.
>>
>>35443709
Mehdi's stats are a joke for 15 years of lifting, but supposedly he was a really really weak cunt when he started

Just do SS
>>
>>35445741

Sure, but he doesn't do 5x5. He's still on an intermediate program (madcow).
>>
Do greyskull LP
Add in soms accessoires like rows, pullups, dips and tricep extensions.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.