[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planet fitness hate thread. They are the westbro Baptist Church
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: han_solo_47218.jpg (22 KB, 782x820) Image search: [Google]
han_solo_47218.jpg
22 KB, 782x820
Planet fitness hate thread.
They are the westbro Baptist Church of fitness.
>>
>>35442455
obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eAj08nAFP4
>>
File: 1441222886876.gif (2 MB, 158x158) Image search: [Google]
1441222886876.gif
2 MB, 158x158
>>35442464
Hahaha thank you anon
>>
>>35442455
Get it right, OP, it's 'Planet Fatness'.
>>
I'm there for now until my budget straightens out. Damn I miss a proper squat rack, but at least I've got enough dumbbells. (Just started working out again after 5+ years of not doing it)
>>
>>35442464
Holy fuck...I heard of pizza friday's but I never knew Planet Fitness was this cancerous...a fucking alarm meant to shame people for exerting themselves?!?!
>>
>>35442646
Well.. here's something you can do even at Planet Fatness. They should have a platform of some sort you can do step-ups on? Put a barbell with half the weight you'd squat onto your shoulders (or front-squat style, whatever works) and do step-ups. You can make the platform you're stepping up onto higher to raise the difficulty. You can even do it with dumbbells assuming your grip strength is good enough to hang onto them.
>>
>>35442672
There's a reason it's called Planet Fatness; people are fat when they get there, and they stay fat and never leave. It's a way to ensure continued membership. The cookies and pizza are just them being as evil as possible and perpetuating everyone's bad eating habits, so they stay fat forever. Place needs to be burned to the ground.
>>
PF is not bad at all for beginners. The alarm rarely ever goes off. Its just there as a statement. Plus you dont have a bunch of grunting dudes. Everyone pumps out their fuckin reps in silence. The way I like it.
I gained 40 lbs at PF. It treated me well. It works if you work it faggots. Now 2016 im off to golds to make twice the gains
>>
>>35442672
Luckily my pf seems to be one of the better ones. I've only heard the alarm go off once, and that was when someone was being a dick and slamming down 15 pound dumbbells. They've told me that they don't mind you dropping weights if you fail a rep/can't safely lower them (and I've never had a problem), but the guy had his bouncing off the fucking ground.

I've also heard nightmare stories about them not allowing heavy lifting/dead lifts/etc, but that seems to be just a myth at mine.

>>35442681
I appreciate the advice, but I've got a routine already, heh. Been going there for 3ish months now. I really do appreciate it though.

Luckily I've got my eye on another gym, just gotta get my financials in order. That's another thing about pf, I don't have to pay a cancellation fee since I have the base, 10 buck membership.
>>
>>35442691
The philosophy is fucked. It's literally a "safe space" where over sensitive unhealthy people can shove their heads in the sand. It's everything that even some mainstream audiences complain about: pussification.

The no intimidation laid back atomsphere sounds great but coddling them with pizza and cookies is wrong. Maybe PF should offer counseling services and therapy for these people to get over their insecurities and jealousy of healthy people.
>>
$120 a year Im able to go in and use free cardio equipment. If I wanted to use it for another gym nearby itd be $700 at least. Id rather get my noob gains in then switch over later
>>
I just came back from the Planet Fitness near me.

You know the lunk alarm is turned on by the employees, right? My hamPlanet only turns them on once every few months when it's really busy and the weightlifters are annoying them.

I look at Planet Fitness as a good gateway to fitness (providing you get training regimens online). They have dumbbells up to 75 which is definitely enough for anyone who has under a year of experience.

Of course at this point, I'm signed up for a different gym for bench, squat and dead, but Planet is good for volume.

Of course it depends on the staff/location as well. Mine are chill as fuck.
>>
The planet fitness near me isnt even open 24 hours. Closes at 10. What fucking shenanigans is this
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.