[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wrist pain + bench pressing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: stop-wrist-pain.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
stop-wrist-pain.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
hiya fit,

i have bad wrist pain which comes and goes. it only appears as a dull/aching pain when i bench press or do push-ups. please tell me what i can do to remedy it, as it's interfering with my gains

cheers,

anon
>>
>>35442075

I had something similar a little over a month ago. Just curious, put yourself in the pushup position and tell me if you have any pain.
>>
>>35442093
yes, i do have pain mate
>>
>>35442075
Try benching with a closer grip. It felt a little awkward at first but my bench increased and I stopped getting wrist pain.
>>
>>35442176
>being this stupid

i won't be able to bench as much as I do with close grip. close grip will also hurt my wrist even more. close grip does your triceps. wtf?
>>
>>35442205
He said closer, obviously not like you're doing a tricep movement but not to the outer rings.
>reading comprehension
>>
>>35442075
I have the same problem as well, would like an answer
>>
>>35442205
I doubt he means that close
>>
>>35442228
ive got no idea how to provide a reference to how close im bench pressing

>>35442240
pls /fit/ ;_;
>>
sounds like arthritis
>>
>>35442075
Go to a fucking Physio obviously but:
>rest for a week or so
>do hand flexes every hour or two or when it gets sore/tight: 1) make a fist and open as far as you can without straining the wrist 2) flat hand with fingers together, then spread fingers apart as as you can without straining the wrist
>grab a dumbell or resistance tube and do closed fist reverse wrist curls (back of hand facing up), closed fist wrist curl (back of hand facing down) and side wrist curl (like your holding a beer, then rotate up)
>with the side wrist curl, start light and slow cause if there's pain pushing through WILL make it worse, just gotta slowly build up the strength
That's what mine told ME for MY wrist, but yours might be completely different; at the very least the flexes will help a tonne.
>>
I actually have this pain right on my forearm close to the elbow region.

I don't know what it is but when I bent row it begins hurting.

Afraid it might turn into tendonitis so I am trying to figure out how to heal it
>>
yea dude dont keep benching heavy cuz i had to stop doing chest for 4 months cuz of this kind of injury PLEASE lighten the weight and make sure your form is perfect add some forearm work and grip training if all else fails USE wrist wraps but I Highly recommend you lighten the weight please trust me on this one.
>>
>>35442391
Wrist flexor issue most likely. Drop the weight by like 10%, really focus on pulling your elbows back, not using your biceps to pull the weight. Keep your wrist straight and try not to curl the weight in either direction.
>>
>>35442523
As in don't curl your wrist in either direction
>>
>>35442075
I'm not sure if this is the case but when I was first starting out I was gripping the bar so that the weight was pushing my hands down and I would feel pain in my lower hand (like the carpals or whatever) and the wrist.
I say just rotate your grip in such a way that your knuckles are straight with your wrist, grip tight so that your palm is still holding the weight.
Look up some bench grip and setup videos because if your wrists hurt its because you're fucking up holding the bar.
Right now just chill out and don't bench for a few days
>>
>>35442792
bump
>>
>>35442155
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSZWSQSSEjE

everyday.

problem gone in 2 weeks

yes this should hurt just dont push against the ground.
>>
I had this problem as well, was bad form for me though. I was bending my wrists a lot while benching.
>>
>>35442205
Holy fuck you are a mongoloid.
>>
File: 51lv1liQxNL._SY300_.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
51lv1liQxNL._SY300_.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>35442075
wrist supports, lay off anything that harms the wrist more but do not be afraid of little bit of pain so you can for example continue with only dumbbells for 1 or more weeks, depending on how you feel. ofc look for every other move that might cause pain and find alternative moves so you can keep training effectively
>>
>>35442205
Make sure your wrists are perpendicular to the bar. Over time I found the natural way I was grabbing the bar was a little too wide and with out realizing my wrists had been very slightly cocked to compensate. When the weight started getting heavy it started causing some pain and my wrist would occasionally "lock up" a little. I moved my grip in about 3/4 of an inch and after getting used too the slightly awkward feel my bench immediately increased and I stopped getting wrist pain. It was all form.

Similar thing happens to me when squatting. If I start to get any soreness in my left knee at all I know immediately my form is breaking down and my back is starting to round.

Joint pain is often the first sign of your form slipping.
>>
I have the same issue with my left wrist - if I let my wrist bend.
Really focusing on keeping your forarms and wrists tight and straight helped me. When i do that, I don't feel any discomfort.
>>
Make sure you grip the bar tightly and let it rest in a stable place in your hand. If the bar starts to slide in your hands during the lift it'll worsen the risk of injury. I find that lifting off the bar with the same kind of dorsiflexion that I have during the lift helps.

Also wrist wraps, they're not cheating. There's no reason to not use them if you feel pain, and if you're scared of losing forearm gains just add another lift that doesn't hurt your wrists.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.