[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Routine Check
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
How's this routine?

A
3x5 Clean and Jerk
3x5 High Bar Back Squat
3x5 Pendlay Rows
3xF Chin Ups superset Dips
4xF Leg Raises superset Neck

B
3x5 Snatch
3x5 Front Squat
3x5 Bench Press
3xF Pull Ups superset Dips
4xF Decline Sit Ups superset Neck

The reason the Olympic lifts are done 3x5 is because I currently don't have access to bumper plates or Olympic bars, so I will do sub maximal loads since I will drop the bar to my thighs.
>>
Bump, happy new year faggots
>>
>>35440990

>so I will do sub maximal loads since I will drop the bar to my thighs

Are your thighs made of paper or what? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drttm5r66A
>>
>>35440990
looks like fucking garbage
>>
>>35441205
How about you never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
Awful routine. Can't even tell what your goals are.

Weightlifting? Not enough variation and volume.

Bodybuilding? Literally no reason to ever do the classics.

What are you trying to achieve here?
>>
>>35441253
this
>>
>>35441249
How about you follow an established program instead of being some entitled millennial who thinks he knows everything?
>>
>>35441253
I want a mix of strength, power and mobility. I also believe that doing the classic lifts give you a powerful looking body
>>
>>35441294
The classics don't work that way m8. They require a lot of practice and technique work before you can ever start pulling weight that will shape your body. You can get away with power cleans for your ppeer and mobility goals because they are easy to learn and execute. If you want to get into weightlifting, visit catalystathletics.com and look at their programs. You'll notice that they all have a ton of volume and variation, because you need it for the classics.

Don't bother with them unless you'll be dedicating all your gym time to them.
>>
>>35441321
Thanks mate, that makes sense. But some lifts like power cleans and high pulls are good right?
>>
>>35441321
yeah, op. answer: do you have proficient snatch/clean and jerk form?
>>
>>35441330
Power cleans for sure, you could replace the CJ with them on your A day. Sets of 5 are good, 3 if you're going heavy and make sure you keep your form in check.

High pulls aren't necessary, because their primary purpose is to train the classics which you won't be doing. I mean you can do them if you'd like and enjoy them, but you'll get more bang for your buck with other exercise like romanian deadlifts, stiff legged deadlift, etc.

You could replace the Snatch with an overhead squat, that will help meet your flexibility and overhead strength goals. Sets of 3 or 5 are good.
>>
>>35440990
Pls r8 feel free to make recommendations

>day 1
>OHP 3x5
>BP 5x10
>Lat pullover 5x10
>Curlz 3x6

>day 2
>DL 2x5 (first set relatively light, second set is heavy)
>squat 3x10
>Lat pullover 5x10
>calf raise 2x12

>day 3 rest

>day 4
>BP 345
>OHP 5x10
>lat pullover 5x10
>curlz 3x6

>day 5
>squat 345
>SL DL 5x10
>abs
>calf raise 2x12

Didn't know where to put rows or if I should do them at all, also not dead set on what ab iso I want to do. Any feedback would be appreciated.
>>
>>35442197
Meant squat 3x5 on day 5. Phone autocorrect fucked it up
>>
xABABxx

A:
Incline DB Bench Press – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Bench Press – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Pull-Ups – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Iso-Lateral High Row – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Seated Dumbbell Press – 2 sets, 6-8 reps
Seated Lateral raises – 2 sets, 6-8 reps
Chest Flyes – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Chest Press – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Lat Pulldown – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Seated Row – 2 sets, 5-8 reps
Behind the Neck Barbell Press – 2 set, 6-8 reps
Bent Over Laterals – 1 set, 6-8 reps
Hanging Twisting Leg Raises – 3 sets, 6-10 reps
Ab Crunch – 3 sets, 8-10 reps

B:
EZ Bar Curl – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Overhead Press – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Back Extension – 2 sets, 5-8 reps
Seated Shoulder Press – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Concentration Curls – 2 sets, 8-10 reps
Rocky Press – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Deadlift – 2 sets, 5-8 reps
Dips – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Chin-Ups – 3 sets, 8-10 reps
Shrugs – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Tricep Extension – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Ab Crunch – 3 sets, 5-8 reps
Leg Extension – 2 sets, 5-8 reps
Calf Extension – 2 sets, 5-8 reps
Squat-To-Box Jump – 10 jumps
Wrist Curl – 3 sets, 6-8 reps

Every day is followed by cardio as well.
>>
>>35442371
This is simply awful
>>
>>35441205
If i was looking for gargage i would look at your 1 rep maxes
>>
Monday chest/tri/abs
Tuesday legs/ shoulders
Wednesday back/bi
Thursday rest
Friday full body (Heavy)
Saturday rest
Sunday full body (Light)
>>
File: 11151521254.png (66 KB, 1095x593) Image search: [Google]
11151521254.png
66 KB, 1095x593
>>35440990
>>
File: image.jpg (685 KB, 1339x1263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
685 KB, 1339x1263
NYR Fag here, I was given this routine to do.

Is it good?
>>
>>35444825
Perfect. Best written routine I've seen yet. Just add barbell close grip up-right rows and you're good.
>>
>>35442197
Why are all the numbers so low. This is a one way ticket to looking like you dont lift while going to the gym.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.