[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here lifts to beat addiction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 15
File: 1450257130019.jpg (63 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1450257130019.jpg
63 KB, 612x612
I straight hate myself. I'm an opiate addict.. I'm sober for a few months..but I seriously want to get on some again. I honestly don't feel good unless I'm hitting it at the gym. I'm always preoccupied.
>>
>>35432266
Why sus you start consuming opiate in first place?
>>
>>35432266

keep on fighting bro

you already got a few months in. Don't throw this away now and ruin it all again.

Please. Do it for the future you.

He is watching you and he will be damn proud of you if you make it through.
>>
Opium? Dopium is more like it.
>>
>>35432334
I just started taking them to chill.. watch movies.. read. Then I started taking them at work.. then it got out of control.
>>
>>35432404

What kind of degenerate needs opiates to watch a movie?
>>
>>35432426
One that wanted to just chill and relax
>>
File: le who gives le fuck frog.png (11 KB, 491x374) Image search: [Google]
le who gives le fuck frog.png
11 KB, 491x374
2 years of regular amphetamine and alcohol abuse.
Might go back one day.
>>
>>35432476

Again, what kind of degenerate needs drugs to sit around and not do anything?
>>
>>35432487

man shut the fuck up you pretentious faggot

nobody needs drugs to sit around ... thats why its a harmful addiction .. how do you not get it?

maybe leave your basement for once or ask daddy whats actually happening to people in the real world

how about you shut down the PC you dont need for sitting around to fight your internet addiction?
>>
File: 1449123558802.jpg (26 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1449123558802.jpg
26 KB, 280x280
>>35432266
>>
>>35432487
it's more a mental battle.. shit just makes the world fit into place. It's impossible to explain unless you experience it.
>>
>>35432487
Mental manlets.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 920x459) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 920x459
Man I can totally relate to this. OTC codeine habit reporting in, gym is the only thing that can even come close to filling the void when I'm PAWSing and even then it's only because I force myself to go. One day we will climb this mountain bruh, I should never have dabbled with this shit at all. Paying a heavy price.
>>
>>35432505

I work with drug addicts five days a week. I understand it's a harmful addiction. I just don't understand "I'm going to sit in a room and stare at the wall. Better smoke some crack first."
>>
>>35432709

>I work with drug addicts five days a week
> I just don't understand "I'm going to sit in a room and stare at the wall. Better smoke some crack first."

theres nothing to understand .. maybe get another job because the way you think and talk clearly indicates that its nothing for you
>>
>>35432709
Well.. honestly I dunno how you'd wanna smoke crack and workout
>>
>>35432585
It's mentally draining.. so bad sometimes. It's like I have to want to kill the weights to get the shit out of my fucking head
>>
>>35432729
Quit being a crybaby. Do your drugs or be a man no one gives a fuck either way.
>>
>>35432717

Yeah most of my clients do drugs because their alcoholic dads raped them when they were kids. Not because they want to "chill."
>>
>>35432266
Keep going bro, 6mos off heroin for me.
So far I've been treating it with vidya, testosterone, work, friends and lifting, the key is to stay busy.

I've had a few close calls myself, with other drugs. but I think I would rather an hero then kick again

The hardest part so far is dealing with the feels, I just gotta realize that I did this to myself, can't blame anyone or anything else
>>
>>35432756
Dude having shitty circumstances comes with most of us, but it's not the type of thing you really talk about, even on 4chan
>>
>>35432795

Be that as it may, his stated purpose for taking opiates was to "chill.. watch movies.. read." And if you get hooked on opiates doing any of those things you're a fucking bum. And there are plenty of addicts who have no excuse for their addiction except that they're fucking bums.
>>
>>35432817
you are a straight idiot
>>
>>35432874

>Idiot
>Junkie

I'd say I came out ahead.
>>
Same boat OP.
Though I just relapsed after being clean for a week.
Feels bad.
>>
File: 1450348866439.jpg (69 KB, 660x520) Image search: [Google]
1450348866439.jpg
69 KB, 660x520
>>35432709
why do they let these kind of people work with drug addicts? for who's benefit it is that this faggot doesn't have any idea what drugs are or what they do or why would people use them

or maybe he meant he's the janitor at a rehab center
>>
>>35432885
In your basement? good bait
>>
>>35432817
>if you get hooked on opiates doing any of those things you're a fucking bum
I agree with this
>>
>>35432897

Because I'm good at my job and because I'm willing to put up with these fuckheads to hopefully set them on the right path so that maybe, just maybe they stop fucking things up for the rest of us.
>>
File: 1450652687385.jpg (13 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
1450652687385.jpg
13 KB, 224x216
>>35432916
you really sound like the last person I'd want to help me or any of my friends in case they'd have a drug addiction
>>
>>35432817
I agree with this. Those who take opiates and similar drugs are degenerates without the mental capability required to soak in life sober so they use that shit. How can you be so retarded that you need a drug to enjoy a fucking movie that was created with the intention of providing you entertainment.

Tl;dr op ur a fukin faget
>>
>>35432951

Well then tell your dipshit druggie friends to stop losing their kids to the system so I don't have to come in and rescue them.
>>
>>35432993
Whatever you wanna think. They're my struggles..not yours. I considered them a supplement. I get the feeling the people condemning me have never actually faced problems on their own.
>>
>>35433032
>I get the feeling the people condemning me have never actually faced problems on their own.
>I'm a special little snowflake
>I'm the only one with problems in life

Lol shut the fuck up. Is this honestly under age b8? Everyone has faced issues dude. Yours just happen to be really fucking stupid/cringey and you got yourself into them in a even more stupid/cringey way.
>>
File: IMG_20151231_015905.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151231_015905.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
>>35432266
I was clean for a full fucking year and just relapsed a few weeks ago. I'm so fucking ashamed you have no idea. I rationalized it in my head by telling myself that smoking/sniffing it isn't as bad as injecting like I used to do. I've been using on and off since the beginning of December and I have managed to avoid severe withdrawals but It's a slippery slope and I'm playing with fire. Honestly bro, this shit is overrated as fuck and I regret relapsing. Keep going to the gym and stay the fuck away from this shit. We're all gunna fucking make it.
>>
>>35433072
Honestly not even. Just abuncha fag trolls.
>>
>>35432993
Opiate addiction is just a microcosm of the world we live in. Your on fucking 4chan too, we're all degenerates in one way or another.
>>
>>35433163

>Drug addiction and shitposting on /fit/ have the same social costs
>>
>>35433163
You're not wrong, but I don't think going on a website that's okay with a little taboo shit is at the same caliber of stuffing known harmful chemicals into your body.
>>
>>35432266
I feel it breh. Amphetamine addict here, I got out of rehab a couple months ago and I haven't used but I really fucking want it. I think the only reason I haven't is because I'm poor and my connections all got arrested in a major meth bust while I was in treatment. After drugs, nothing is even remotely satisfying and I have no hobbies because I spent all my time tweaking and blazing up.

I'm also kinda retarded but I'm not sure it was the drugs. I recall being smarter but I may have just had an inflated ego when I was young. Either way, it fucks up your life so bad. I work out like 3 hrs a day because it's the only way I feel anything near happiness. Have you tried AA/NA? Personally hated it but I hear it makes sobriety way easier for some people and is great for building sober connections.
>>
>>35433084
The fucked part about what you say is that you feel so fuckin burdened by what you're doing, that it crushes you down so low, that you gotta do it. And then, if you might try to think that its not that bad or whatever ,you might feel like you'll fall back in, and that pressure does make you fall in. Shits fucked yo, i think if drugs werent so forcefully taboo, people wouldnt become addicted, theyd do them, but with realism. I mean fuck i've done drugs, all types, but i never felt like it was serious so i just stopped when it wasnt convenient. even coke; people get addicted to guilt.
>>
>>35433019
You work in the US? If so, what state? I might know you
>>
>>35433220
>if drugs werent so forcefully taboo, people wouldnt become addicted

whatever is forbidden is also alluring. I just wish that I could find something good enough in my life to replace my drug lust.

Once you become redpilled and start paying attention to current economic/political trends you also start to become nihilistic. When I look at the current data and extrapolate that into the future I get really fucking depressed.

I'm starting boxing this January, hopefully that keeps me occupied.
>>
>>35432266
WERE ALL GONNA MAKE IT BRAH
>>
i lift to fight my depression, loneliness, and ugliness

>tfw
>>
I take opiates OP. I blast in my toes twice a week and stop for a month when i stop getting high on the same amount.

Withdrawal symptoms are like a joke compared to when i shoved off everyday. I just have wildly fluctuating body temps (Like being sick under covers too hot too cold etc) and goosebumps all day for a week. I still lift and eat right but insomnia is something i have never conquered.

But i want to quit because im in withdrawal all the time.
>>
>>35433382
this is what I'm doing. I just binge on H for like 3 days, stop and then go 3-4 days of not using. I feel minor discomfort and I have goosebumps but its bearable. I gave my parents my bank card to hold onto so I can't continue buying this shit.
>>
bros smoke weed and try a sarm cycle to help with the blues, disabled vet kicked ten yr habit from spinal injury from service, working out inspite of pain trisarm by primeval helped much and gw- we all gonna make it bra
>>
OP you could use some AA meetings
>>
>>35435249
You mean AN?
>>
>>35432266

Have you consider or already tried rehab? Also your test levels are probably way down from your opiate use. It will take sometime for your levels to return to normal if you have been using opaites for a while.

I don't think this board is the right place to ask for advice on for a topic like this. I urge you to speak with a recovery professional. It can be life changing for you.
>>
>>35432426
modern cinema is shit
>>35432487
>how could someone get bored sitting around and not doing anything
>>
>>35433382
Try to go to rehab if you have insurance. A good rehab can change your life.
>>
>>35432756
Dude is right, get a better job because I can guarantee you help no one. As an individual who has been in rehab multiple times I can say with certainty that counsellors that have never been addicted to anything but caffeine/cigarettes/cookies are of no help and just irritate the piss out of anyone seeking help.

"but my book said...."
>>
File: 1442396914387.jpg (23 KB, 448x448) Image search: [Google]
1442396914387.jpg
23 KB, 448x448
>>35435733
add: "but this piece of paper I paid for says im qualified and I know things about drugs and addiction n' stuff"

Seriously if you've never been an addict you cannot help an addict. Simple as that.
>>
Why opiates are so overrated ? i never did any drug in my life , can someone describe me how does taking opiates feel ? But what about stimulants ? like meth and coke.
>>
>>35435789
>inb4 euphoric

But seriously, it's all euphoria, just different feels from different drugs.
>>
>>35435819
Does it compare to the feeling i get after an intense gym session witth heavy weigts ? you know that high which last 1-2 hours after you finished the workout.
>>
>>35432266
Been clean off heroin for 2.5 months now lad.

All I look forward to is lifting.
>>
>>35432266
You're gonna make it brah
You're gonna make it
>>
Alcoholic here, been drinking everyday for about 3 years and every time I try to quit everything is too boring
>>
>>35436041
Try for longer. The boredom will go away when your brain wakes back up. Three weeks is the sweet spot.
>>
>>35435829
Yeah.. You feel good. But not as much pump
>>
>>35436070
I'll try after tonight
>>
>>35435529
Is alcohol bad for test levels? Been drinking everyday since February
>>
>>35432266
I used to be addicted to heroine. About 8 months ago me and a friend sobered up together. He took it way better than I did and filled the hole with lifting. I mostly just drank a ton and got fat. Just recently started going and it helps a lot actually. I don't think the urge ever fully leaves you though, just got to keep going and deal with it when it does.
>>
>>35436171
Drinking everyday is bad for your being.
>>
>>35436262
No it isn't
>>
>>35436157
>Not going to make it.

I was an alcoholic for 6 years. Half a bottle of whiskey and 8+ beers a night. The first month fucking sucks. You're bored, miserable, and get the urge to drink all the time. It takes willpower but stay focused on fitness goals and you'll be OK.
>>
>>35436369
... dude
>>
>>35436171
Yea it lowers your test levels overtime. You know how after a binger you feel horney when your hungover? Part of that is your test levels trying to return to normal after the alcohol use.
>>
>>35432951
You sound like you don't want help and just want to be coddled as a victim
>>
>>35436659
So that's why I'm horny when hungover
>>
>>35436677
No. That's bro science.
>>
>>35436690
Not really because I'm horny as fuck after an alcohol binge
>>
>>35436698
>I'm horny as fuck after an alcohol binge
Not because your test is 'trying to return to normal' though.
>>
>>35436723

why then? OUT WITH IT
>>
i'm giving up booze for at least january, mainly to cut though. i'm not a degenerate alcoholic, but those cals add up man
>>
>>35436157
>>35436157

me too bud. we gon' make it.
>>
>>35432266
OP, I have 13 months clean from heroin. Lifting has been instrumental in my sobriety. Do not go back. You will lose all of your gains and probably make things worse.
>>
>>35436749
Your serotonin levels are low. Body tries to compensate.
>>
>>35436723
Testosterone production is part of a negative feedback system (a self-correcting mechanism), centered in the hypothalamus and pituitary gland. In short, the hypothalamus produces a hormone that stimulates the pituitary gland to produce a second hormone called luteinizing hormone (LH), which travels in the bloodstream to stimulate production of yet a third hormone, testosterone. When testosterone levels are low, receptors in the brain and pituitary gland signal these organs to secrete more testosterone stimulating hormones. By the time you wake up on Sunday morning, this corrective mechanism is in full flight.

Because LH is thought to play a role in sexual arousal in itself, its excess explains at least in part your overriding horniness when you awake. It also explains why in spite of this intense desire, you sometimes can't get a full erection - serum testosterone is not yet up to normal levels. It's a passing phenomenon and by midday you'll have less LH circulating and less overt desire. You'll likely be able to achieve a full erection but chances are you won't want to because you'll feel like crap.
>>
>>35432266
Are you the dude with the heroin addict girlfriend with gauged ears?
>>
>>35436763
Yes we gonna
>>
I lift to forget the death of my friend in the Army.

It doesn't work.
>>
Alcohol has got to be the hardest drug to quit because everyone drinks and its socially acceptable, it's not like you go into a restaurant and see people doing heroine or coke etc but you always see alcohol

>tfw everywhere I go there's alcohol
>tfw can't even watch TV without seeing alcohol ads
>tfw I live like 2 mins from liquor store

I've been trying to quit but it's almost impossible due to it being so accessible and cheap
>>
>>35436951
>alcohol has got to be the hardest drug to quit once you're addicted

fixd for you
>>
>>35432266
Started lifting to beat my bulimia. Only thing that got me to start hatin how I look. Still self conscious, but I have a great physique now.
>>
OP you should look into kratom, aka mitragyna speciosa, if it's not banned in your area. I don't want you to trade one addiction for another, but there's tons of success stories of people who've managed to curb their opiate cravings with kratom.

It's a μ-opioid antagonist so it'll have a similar effect but not as intense. It's pretty cheap; you gotta buy from a vendor and not Amazon or local headshops. I can answer more questions if you got em
Good luck
>>
>>35436974
Good point but you know what I mean, when everyone around you drinks regularly and its so acceptable to do pretty much anywhere it makes it hard as fuck to actually quit for any length of time

I was into opiates for a few years and it was way easier to quit due to the fact I can't just start snorting pills in public or in front of family
>>
>>35436951
What kind of drinker are you? I'm the type that once I start I can't stop until I'm wasted
>>
https://www.ted.com/talks/johann_hari_everything_you_think_you_know_about_addiction_is_wrong?language=en
>>
Hey Anon fellow addict reporting in.
have you looked into a twelve step program?
Gym and God have been keeping me clean 4 months now.
I know its not a shit load of time or anything but the times that are low I pray and lift.

Works for me, its not your last hope
>>
>>35432266
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY9DcIMGxMs
>>
>>35436951
Move to a non-drinking area or country. I'm not even kidding, dude. It's freedom when achieved.
>>
>>35437037
Same man that's why it's so hard to quit, if I go out for dinner or lunch and we start having beers I'll drink
>>
>>35436838

thanks bro
>>
>>35437091
yeah once I have one or two I get that urge to get drunk and always end up getting totally drunk
>>
>>35437088
What country would that be
>>
>>35437078
this

even if you don't believe in god, statistically speaking, people in NA/AA/etc. are something like 50% less likely to relapse. it's not a bad idea and it's not like you're not capable of taking an hour out of your day to make a positive change in your life.
>>
>>35432266

>I straight hate myself.

until you fix this you will have a really hard time kicking your addiction. it's those bad thoughts that will keep you coming back to whatever it is you're addicted to, because using will make you feel good for a little while. Then you feel double as shit for using, and so you keep circling the drain.

fact is that kicking the physical addiction to drugs isn't actually that hard, it's a breeze compared to most things in life. the hard part is fixing the mental part of your addiction. the key lies in realizing that your thoughts of self-loathing are just that, thoughts, they are not who you are.

the reason the gym helps you do this is because it's something that makes you feel good about yourself (i accomplished something today), it takes your mind off those self-hating thoughts for a minute, so you don't really need the drugs to feel good.

Bottomline, you've done great m8. You're sober for several months now, that's a major accomplishment. You can do a lot on willpower alone, but in the long run you need to change who you are as a person. That can take a while, but the pay-off can be great, from just living a normal life to buddha-esque clarity, and everything in between.

In your place I would start by buying and reading some books. I would recommend "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People", it has helped me immensely in my life. Other things to look into could be mindfulness, buddhism, etc.

If I could give you one thing anon it would be to give you self-love, because it opens the door to many wonderful things.
>>
>>35437189
Well, all islamic countries for a start.

In Norway alcohol is very expensive because tax. Same in Sweden compared to US. Switzerland also ranks, but not as high.
>>
>>35437251

finally an mentally enlightened fitizen. would bro out with.

also, read The Confidence Gap, it has direct, practical advice on how to not let your thoughts control your actions so much.
>>
>>35432709
Because being high makes anything fun you stupid lying shithead.
>>
>>35437290
Norwegians go to Denmark to buy alcohol as do swedes

Danish go to Germany to buy alcohol because mega cheap and no tax if you're importing to denmark
>>
File: 1332246664121.jpg (62 KB, 580x456) Image search: [Google]
1332246664121.jpg
62 KB, 580x456
>>35437323

>The Confidence Gap

putting this on my list, thanks breh
>>
>>35432993
I've done a lot of stupid shit for a lot of stupid reasons, mostly for the enjoyment or pleasure that temporarily came from whatever it was I was doing, but I have literally never, NEVER heard of someone having to do drugs to watch a movie or read a book. That's the most fucking retarded thing that I've ever heard.

>I considered them a supplement
I consider you a pathetic twat who needs to get his life together. If you can't enjoy a fucking movie that was created to provide entertainment for your viewing pleasure without being high, you have serious issues.

I like to chill and read books too. I don't need a fucking drug for that. Grow up, and stop thinking like a degenerate middle schooler.
>>
>>35437365
>Norwegians go to Denmark to buy alcohol as do swedes
No. Norwegians go to Sweden to buy alcohol. Still more expensive than most other places.
>>
>>35437423
Just wanna point out, I was quoting that other anon to say something along the lines of "hey bro I agree with your thoughts" and forgot to include that.
My post was directed at OP, not >>35432993
>>
>>35432266
Hey Morgan
>>
>>35432756
LMAO you must be god awful at your job.
>>
File: image.jpg (360 KB, 1959x1469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
360 KB, 1959x1469
>>35437376
Nihlist here
>>
>>35437507
Kill yourself and post it
>>
>>35437518
LOLOLOL
>>
>>35435789
>>35435819
Really is euphoria though. I've snorted buprenorphine on two occasions. My only experience of opiates, and for the rest of the working day everything took on a warmer glow. I was literally seeing the world through rose tinted lenses. It was very enjoyable, and I'm lucky I refuse to spend my hard earned money on something as temporary as drugs, or I could probably have a problem with this sort of thing. Luckily I like having something to show for my spending.
>>
>>35437620
This is why opiates are so addictive
>>
>>35433084
heroin?
>>
File: 1439325163133.jpg (27 KB, 592x448) Image search: [Google]
1439325163133.jpg
27 KB, 592x448
I've never been addicted to anything hardcore but weed was hard enough to stop fucking with.

I just recently stopped smoking, I guess i'll leave it for special occasions anyways.

>tfw you are just starting to make changes to your lifestyle but alcohol and bud are all around you used by your friends

It feels like resisting a big wave and walking through

Alcohol kills gains

Weed kills drive
>>
>>35437776
Iktf brah
>>
>>35437000

Kratom sucks and loses its affect after a few days. I tried it. You cant come close to real opiates
>>
>>35437977
Yeah, the goal is to take kratom to not want the effects of prescription opiates. You really think OP wants to be a slave to yet another substance? It's good enough to stimulate the receptors, but isn't as addictive or debilitating.
>>
>>35438063

Nah you might as well quit cold turkey and sweat it out for the next few days. Kratom *might* ease your pain a little bit if you're withdrawing hard, but it won't make you "not want the effects of prescription opiates.". If anything it will just frustrate you enough to want the real thing
>>
>>35432266
If this is patrick, you should kill yourself. If it's not, you can make it!
>>
>>35435756

I'm an attorney, not a drug counselor.
>>
>>35432774
>testosterone
Off one drug and onto another.

Bravo
>>
>>35433032
>I considered them a supplement. I get the feeling the people condemning me have never actually faced problems on their own.

Defending your addiction.

You still have far to go my friend
>>
>>35436915
>>35439310
I mean, he already had pinning practice at least.
>>
>>35437741
not op but yes
>>
>>35432266
10 years of weed + booze abuze
really want to get wasted everyday until I sweat it out. Sober for 6 months
>>
>>35439343

Check your privilege, shitlord. You obviously don't have real problems like OP. Because if you did you'd understand that literally the only possible response to a REAL problem is to completely break down and become a worthless junkie.
>>
File: 1433704042929.jpg (286 KB, 840x840) Image search: [Google]
1433704042929.jpg
286 KB, 840x840
>>35433032
This addiction might go way deeper than you think. You need some therapy for real dude, if you cannot think of any reason that you might have started abusing drugs , other than "to watch movies".
>>
>>35433032
>get cancer
>doctor comes in
>ask doctor if he has had cancer
>he hasn't
>"sorry doc, i only want someone to help me who has had cancer
What dumb fucking logic right there. Why would you turn away advice from someone who is smart enough to help you understand and defeat these addictions based on "well they don't know how it feels". I understand you might want help from someone who has already beat this, but good help is good help.
>>
>>35439310
I know I am a genius
>>
>>35432266
I'm on one of those horrible addictive drugs for misbehaving children. I'm working in kicking it, and lifting has been helping.
>>
>>35440782
English nigger
>>
>>35440832
Different guy but I'm pretty positive he means Adderall or Ritalin. Parents start their kids on it young because they hate dealing with a kid naturally doing kid things, shit's addictive as fuck and very hard to quit when you've been taking it your whole life.
>>
>>35440862
Yeah I read it wrong and feel like a dick lol
>>
>>35432266
not an addiction but I used to take cocaine in a weekly base, shitty comedown and working out does miracles
>>
>>35432266
Alcoholic here. I was sober for about a year and a half. Lifting was the one thing that kept it at bay.

I slipped and injured my wrist about 3 months ago and haven't been able to lift. Fell back into my old habits... drinking myself into a daze every night now.

I'm finally healed up and should start going back but i can't seem to quit the booze again...
>>
>>35432817
boredom is the cause of a lot of addictions too.

maybe he was bored but at the same time still too jumpy? so he wanted tpo just relax and calm down and enjoy the moment?
>>
I just want to stop jacking off every god damn day
>>
>>35435756
>Seriously if you've never been an addict you cannot help an addict. Simple as that.

muh snowflake

you are not special

your addiction is not special

addiction to any fucking thing, from junk food to ciggies, is essentially the same thing. Lots of people quit that shit before you, and lots will quit after you.
>>
>>35441728
just

stop

record every day you last in a journal and write down your feelings
>>
>>35432266
habits are created by cues and rewards. You have an opiate habit loop but you can change it to lifting. Think about your lifting goals. Reward yourself when you lift (dat tasty shake). You can do it! It takes time to replace the habit with a good one but you can do it by rewarding yourself and your brain after
>>
>>35441053

<3
>>
>>35441728

why? if youre not busting your nuts on a reg basis youre not a real man

also it helps boost test levels
>>
>>35442513
... why?
>>
>>35441053
come on man. do it.
>>
>>35442007
Yea remember all those people in Requiem for a Dream that had their lives destroyed by cigs & cheetos!
>>
>>35432266
fucking more pics please
>>
I got withdrew from morphine and nearly died and had my bladder almost exploded a year and a half ago. I'm finally at a place where I can say I think I'll be alright and will try to leave the house and find a mate and make me some babies.
>>
I'm a former opiate addict as well, but I've been of them for quite some time now. The constant thought in the back of my mind will never go away, I accept that, but I've come this far and I have no reason to go back.

OP, I suggest that you be with your family or your loved ones, if you have any. My grandmother was a huge source of motivation from me, since her ass could get out of the house to exercise every week.

I think that exercise was the only thing that saved me. These days, on rest days, I do not get terrible fucking cravings all of the time. I haven't had a really bad crave for nearly a year.

We're all gonna make it, brah.
>>
>>35432404
>Iiife of Pi on opis
>Brothers Karamzov on Opis
>ln Rainbows by Radiohead of opis

>l.Q. of 156 checking in

Fuck what anyone says, it's a tooI used correctIy and it wiII change your Iife for the better lN MODERATlON.

>tfw hit 2 pI8 back in October, 210 Ibs at 6 foot 4

bf 8% as of yesterday (probabIy 12% today thanks to 3 bags of chips and 2 guac dips) but skipped them thangs for today so equaI trade off kinda? IoI enjoy the good stuff OP just know when oo much is too much.
>>
>>35441054

>boredom is the cause of a lot of addictions too

Then find a hobby that doesn't fuck your life up and turn you into a drain on society.

>wanted to just relax and calm down and enjoy the moment

Oh well in that case, sure. Don't drink a glass of warm milk or listen to some soothing music. Take opiates. No potential long term consequences there.

God addicts are the fucking worst.
>>
>>35432487
people with no experience with drugs who talk down on those having tough times with it as if they never would.
Yeh sorry mr willpower mental strength. You know best
>>
>>35432709
go smoke some meth and stare at a wall. Youll have a great time
>>
Hey ex meth and heroin addict here been lifting for 2 years clean for 1 1/2 gym really helps me man seeing long term gains and how healthy and amazing your body can become is a wonderful thing. I got drunk last night cause of new years after 4 beers I felt like shit in the morning. Felt good knowing my body isn't used to being poisoned.

Btw 6'1 86kg 15%bf 19yo
>>
>>35443432
>19yo
Dude? Storytime!
>>
File: choa_aoa.png (513 KB, 777x1065) Image search: [Google]
choa_aoa.png
513 KB, 777x1065
>>35432266
I feel you OP I have done dmt/acid/x/hwseeds,morningglory and many more. I smoke marijuana here in Oregon and it's great,its the only thing I need. You NEED to move to a state that has progressed to legalization. Opiates tend to result in a plethora of problems trust me.
Lifting has been a huge help in my life of balance, because I'm not here to eliminate drug use in your life because I think drugs are a great thing.. but in moderation.
>>
>>35443432
Exactly, how did you end up addicted to heroin and meth at that age? Must have been a really rough time for you.
>>
>>35443350

>I'm a pathetic piece of shit so I'm going to shoot heroin instead of taking proactive measures to improve my life
>You didn't break the second things got rough so you must not have real problems!

Addicts.
>>
>>35443432
>>35443481
>>35443606
Bumping in case the teen comes back
>>
>>35432266
Not as bad as you man, I'm just a gambling addict. Fuck I love making bets. Didn't make any for a month though, and I can't if I want to keep my wife.
>>
>>35447340
Bet the wife. It's the next level up, bro.
>>
File: 1TN9B.jpg (108 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1TN9B.jpg
108 KB, 1024x683
>>35443069
>IQ of 156
>that shitty grammar/sentence structure
>all those typos
>bragging about 2pl8 with that body weight

k family
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.