[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck your FAQ. Why are people bulking? If I'm fat, should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: happy pepe.jpg (305 KB, 1600x2000) Image search: [Google]
happy pepe.jpg
305 KB, 1600x2000
Fuck your FAQ. Why are people bulking? If I'm fat, should I get to normal weight or leave the last few pounds on and build muscle?
>>
No. You SS+GOMAD from the start regardless of what your starting point is. The beauty of this program and diet combination is that over time it will yield the same results regardless of initial bodytype. Sure, skinny people might have it a bit easier but if you're overweight, just do the classic SS along with GOMAD and you will be seeing results in no time. You build muscle as you go, and over time, the fat will burn off, revealing the muscle you've worked hard for.

Seriously. SS + GOMAD.
>>
File: image_4.jpg (223 KB, 1118x710) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
223 KB, 1118x710
>>35428789
This

Take progress pics and post results on /fit/ to prove it once and for all
>>
>>35428789
>>35428844
You are cruel
>>
>>35428789
Yes, this:

Rippetoe says himself a simple strength program of this type, based on heavy compound lifts, will produce the proper bodyfat percent and musculature in any given athlete. He also says without milk, you just don't gain the same amount of muscle. It's a MUST.
>>
>>35428693

bulk and cut at the same time breh
>>
>>35428693
>If I'm fat, should I get to normal weight

I started last year weighing lmao3pl8, I started lifting (not SS) and hiking once or twice a week, ate about 3000kcal a day of relatively clean food and a year later I'm at 2pl8 and quite a bit stronger/more muscular
>>
I'm cutting fat first, simply because I don't want to be fat anymore. I'll worry about bulking later.

That being said, I can already feel muscles in places I didn't have them before. They're just not very visible yet because I'm still fat.
>>
>>35428858

It really is not a bad starting point though. There's a reason it's called STARTING Strength.

OP obviously don't stay on the program for like more than a year. Even after SS you will probably be doing a workout that prominently features the essential lifts introduced in SS, as they are the foundation of a great body and great workouts. Just in different intensities and volumes.
>>
>>35428925

You bulk and cut at the same time. If you eat at 250-500 cals over your daily recommendation along with something like GOMAD you will essentially bulk enough to give your muscles enough fuel to grow, whilst simultaneously shocking your (largely untrained) body to burn fat and recompose.

If you seriously just start cutting hard you will feel like shit and your best bet is that you'll end up looking like a skinnyfat dude with a lot of excess loose skin that will never retract.
>>
>>35428789
This
>>
File: 1451154518925.png (1 MB, 1376x1582) Image search: [Google]
1451154518925.png
1 MB, 1376x1582
>>35428693

dont fall for the SS meme bro

its just here to trick people like you

>pic related

is what you should do

GL ... report back in 3 months
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.