[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smoker/Ex-smoker General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: Smoking-006[1].jpg (17 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Smoking-006[1].jpg
17 KB, 460x276
How's the quitting going?
Two weeks here and honestly I still feel the urge everyday, I'm lucky that there are holidays right now and I don't have to socialize that much.
I'm afraid of when I have to go back to uni and meet all of my smoking friends, I fear that I won't be able to resist going back.
>>
I quit about 8 months ago after snoking ten years. My caffeine intake has gone up by like 10x but id rather be a coffee freak than someone who cant breathe. Protip: smoking isnt the end,of the world, just because you fucked up and smoked once,or,teice doesnt mean you failed to quit and are a smoker again.
>>
>>35422727
i smoke only socially on weekends when i'm drinking / doing drugs with friends.

i couldn't resist with everyone around smoking anyway.
>>
File: blacklisted-25252.jpg (16 KB, 233x261) Image search: [Google]
blacklisted-25252.jpg
16 KB, 233x261
>>35422727
vape

don't spend 500$ a months on new toys and overpriced brand liquid, don't vape in public and don't try to indoctrinate people into it

sure there's a lot of dumb faggots around there who give it a bad name, but who the fuck cares. just don't be a faggot about it.

I've quit after 12 years of smoking, I had a 20$ setup for two years now and spent probably 30$ for diy liquid. I despise both the faggots who make a hobby out of it and the faggots on the opposite side, who say retarded shit like "be a man and just smoke".
>>
Anyone else stopped drinking ?

I'm wondering if I should go full teetotaler or allow myself a glass or two once in a while.
>>
dont have the feeling for blazing it, theres a thin layer and its gone now im not dealing with a blackout its just stupid i had it in the first place
>>
Is there anything wrong with cigar smoking a few times a week? You don't inhale it.
>>
>>35422856
It's not good for your teeth or gums, however smoking-related damage that occurs in your mouth is reversed once you quit smoking for a year or so.
The tissue in your mouth is of a very high quality.

Your lungs however need 20 years to fully recover from any smoking damage that has been dealt to it.
>>
File: cover.jpg (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
19 KB, 200x200
>>35422830

Currently trying to stop, been on and off. I don't even drink a crazy amount but I can feel it affecting me even if I just drink a couple of beers. I feel like teetotaler is the way to go but it is challenging socially. How do you guys resist drinking when out with friends / explain without sounding like a douche
>>
>>35422830
i used to drink every day, had a really hard time quitting, finally started to get my life in order a bit and stopped drinking and now i only drink on special occasions or on weekends where i feel like it.

if you have a healthy relationship with alcohol and you enjoy drinking go ahead and drink from time to time, just don't do it every day.

no need to deny yourself m8.
>>
>>35422893
lots of people simply don't drink, don't let social stigmas effect how you feel about yourself.

if you're in a drinking environment with some friends and you just feel like having a couple of beers go for it. but you can just straight up tell them that you don't drink at all and if they're mature people they'd understand.
>>
>>35422727

I quit 2 months ago and not looking back. Easy desu. Smoked a pack or more a day for 10 years btw (am 26).
>>
I picked up vaping to get off of smoking. I started with 24mg juice using it about the same as smoking. Now I vape 6mg juice and only when I wake up and after meals.

The plan is to get down to 3mg by the end of January and then get off it completely by the end of Febuary.
>>
File: 1122331313.png (47 KB, 632x852) Image search: [Google]
1122331313.png
47 KB, 632x852
>>35422727

i just can't quit guys

what are the best techniques or replacements.

I just love smoking ... inhaling smoke, having smoke in my lungs. I enjoy it way too much.

Yes i am also aware how degenerate, disgusting and how bad it is for my health. Trust me i know everything about the negatives.

For a while i was suicidal and just wanted to die but im not anymore - the smoking wont go away though.
>>
>>35425490
I won't lie that I used to like the taste and feeling of smoking. But in hindsight I wouldn't have done it if the nicotine wasn't there.

Smokeless is much better for you. Dip or vape or whatever. It's the smoke that does the damage.
>>
>>35425514

i think the biggest problems are just my habits.

Cigarette + Coffee .. Cigarette after eating. Cigarette while shit posting on /fit/.

Cigarette outside while waiting somewhere for something.

I made too many habits and connections and i dont know how to fill the void if i go cold turkey and say fuck it.

Maybe i try these nicotine bubble gums or whatever .. but chewing on them makes me wanna eat.

God damn. Maybe i check out vaping. I really fell for the mouth fedora meme - so i despise them.
>>
>>35425545
Those are your triggers to smoke. I got them every time I went partying with a certain smoker friend. I still get them but now I control them.

As for vaping being mouth fedora, just don't advertise it. It's beyond normalfag, I've seen a 60+ year old biker vaping in public.

If you still don't like vape try dip. Anything but smoking anon, please.
>>
I can't leave the house without smoking a cigarette I think its anxiety related.
>>
File: 1447651314286.jpg (95 KB, 903x714) Image search: [Google]
1447651314286.jpg
95 KB, 903x714
>>35425572

dip not allowed here in europe .. only in sweden where they have snus. Otherwise its forbidden to sell this shit.

Im not concerned about other people that might trigger me and i dont have anyone to advertise it too or would. I dont care.

Its just me and myself and the laugh for cigarettes. Would be easier to quit if i'd just do it out of social habits i think but i developed a love for it.

>>35425581

same its the first thing ill do when i go outside the house lmfao
>>
>>35425601
Oh, an EU bro...I would put money on the fact that somebody in the international cigarette industry lobbied heavily for smokeless tobacco bans. Cigarettes are hugely popular in Europe compared to the US. You guys still have ashtrays in public restaurants.

Snus is pretty godlike I must say.

It looks like if you want to drop smoking you're going to have to get a vape as replacement. Gum and patches didn't do shit for me.

>laugh for cigarettes
This didn't translate well but I think I know what you meant.
>>
>>35425666

love ... top kek ..

Yes im sure it was the lobbyists. Who else. Its less harmful and makes them less money etc.

>Cigarettes are hugely popular in Europe compared to the US. You guys still have ashtrays in public restaurants.

no man .. its not like that anymore. Shit has changed. Smoking is super looked down upon nowadays and you get discriminated as a smoker wherever you go because all these normies that ruin their bodies with unhealthy food cant be molested with a bit of smoke and passive smoking hehe.
>>
>>35425714
>no man .. its not like that anymore. Shit has changed. Smoking is super looked down upon nowadays and you get discriminated as a smoker wherever you go because all these normies that ruin their bodies with unhealthy food cant be molested with a bit of smoke and passive smoking hehe.
Really? I didn't get that feeling when I was in Germany at all. People smoked everywhere and nobody batted an eye. The most restrictive it got was like 1980s America with "no smoking sections" at train stations that were simply sections in the open for smoking.

There were cigarette machines and adverts everywhere. It was crazy.
>>
>>35425782

yes outside .. .but not in buildings/restaurants and like you said Train Stations.

When you are outside you can do whatever you want. Numbers of people smoking is dropping super hard desipite the ads and its just a few ads in the streets.

No TV ads for cigarettes allowed for example.

Machines became rare as fuck too.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
haven't smoked in two months
>>
>>35425807
Hm. I believe you because I have no past experience to compare it to, but Germany was like a smoker's haven compared to the US today.
>>
>>35422727
Gave it up by breaking the habit. Didn't get withdrawals at all.
I smoked for approximately nine years, upwards and downwards, from about 3-5 a day to as many as 12 a day. I cut down to about 2 or 3 a day this summer, made habits about when I would smoke, and have since broken those habits by intentionally timing cravings and understanding how to hold out. I'm two weeks smoke free now and I don't even miss it.
>>
File: 20205461473084251.gif (568 KB, 268x298) Image search: [Google]
20205461473084251.gif
568 KB, 268x298
been smoking just under a pack a day for a few months now.
>started smoking in May, about 2-3 cigs a day.

i still feel like I could quit with no relapse any time I wanted...
but then I realize that's what any addict would say, so I'm probably addicted to the little fuckers.

i haven't noticed any decrease in overall health, but again I haven't been smoking for long

this isn't a do or don't smoke post, just do wtf you wanna do phamilia
>>
>>35425866

yeah in the past you were allowed to smoke IN trains and busses. Planes too.

Machines wherever you go - cheap cigarettes. Price has probably gone up by 500% since then easily.

It was insane. Absolute insane.
>>
>>35425889

you are talking with people who are doing this for years you little baby.

Come back when you spent 20k+ and ruined your lungs and say " just do wtf you wanna do phamilia" again because its not what you want to do its what your addiction tells you to do.
>>
>>35425903
>yeah in the past you were allowed to smoke IN trains and busses. Planes too.
Sounds like 1980s USA alright.
>Machines wherever you go - cheap cigarettes. Price has probably gone up by 500% since then easily.
No shit? The prices I saw were comparable to "cheap" US prices, but Germans did this funny thing where the price was the same but cigarette count was different per brand.
>>
>>35422867
>The tissue of your mouth is very high quality.
Thank you anon.
>>
>>35422821
My thoughts exactly on vaping. My uncle smoked 35 years and has since made the switch to vaping. He has a cheap little box setup that his daughter bought him for Christmas two years ago, and he uses it exclusively now. For me, thats the best benefit of vaping, it gives you your "fix" in a way that nicotine gum or the patch can't, it's a similar feeling to really smoking. Faggots who vape because they think it looks cool are basically retarded children, but if you can have the fix of smoking without as many negative side effects you'd be a fool not to.
>>
>>35425937

>but Germans did this funny thing where the price was the same but cigarette count was different per brand.

ye ... i mean its 6€ for 21 Marlboro now - gone up from 5€ in the last 2 years alone.

15 Years ago it was not even 2€ or so.
>>
>>35422727
having a lot of trouble my friend brought back a couple packs of filtered lucky strikes

i tend to smoke in waves so hopefully it will be over after i smoke em all
>>
>quit for weeks
>get drunk
>smoke a pack a day for the next few months
JUST
>>
>>35422727
im gonna quit after new years! i promise!
>>
I used to smoke for a few years, quit.

funny thing is, I look at smokers with disgust now. especially girls.
>>
>>35426055
Do it now.
>>
Currently 23 with smoking induced erectile dysfunction. I smoke around 30 cigs a day and I am ruined. I just can't seem to quit.

After I say I quit, I smoke a cig within the first 8 hours just because I keep justifying it for myself.
>>
>>35422830
I quit drinking. If it's become a habit, or becoming a problem (like it was for me) just quit that shit full stop. It'll be the easiest way, believe me as a hardcore alcoholic for almost 10 years.
Fuck booze.
>>
I've managed to get my smoking down to only when I drink on the weekends. Not as good as quitting...but it helps i guess
>>
>>35422727
Quit on Sep 15th. Smoked a couple times when I got drunk on several occasions but that stopped in Oct/Nov. No cravings whatsoever. Download "Cessation Nation" if you have android. It helped me.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.