[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, I guess I suffer from a fast food addiction... I was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
Hey, I guess I suffer from a fast food addiction... I was wondering if any of you guys had any tips?

I want fast food for every meal, and sometimes I'll drive to a 24/7 joint and buy up 3-4 sandwiches and eat it in a single sitting.

Tips? How do I overcome this addiction?
>>
>>35421289
start cooking for yourself
>>
Learn to cook.

Also eat some fresh, light foods.
Man I could murder a nice greek salad, with deta and tzatziki right now

Damn thanks OP I gotta go bye....
>>
>>35421289
What the fuck is that abomination?

I am so hungry now...
>>
>>35421289

What the fuck is that plastic-looking cancer tower?
>>
Just don't get fast food?

Make your own meals that are at least relatively healthy without any sugary shit for a week or two. Cravings for shit food go down when you eat well.

You'll also save an assload of money because fast food is expensive garbage, and if you're driving your car to a spot specifically to get grub you're wasting money on gas too.

Basically just realize you're fucking retarded for eating out and you're wasting money to slowly get fat and kill yourself.

Just as bad if not worse than smoking. At least you don't get fat from smoking.
>>
Real talk, is fast food really that bad? As a skinny fat, can I still have a rocking body eating McDonald's five times a week?

I've been lifting three months now 5 times a week and have made decent gains, but can't cut out the fast food.
>>
>>35421289
Good that you even recognize it as an addiction. Treat is like cigarettes or alcohol because they put all sorts of chemicals in there to keep you hooked.

As others already said, learn to cook or get motivated so you can ditch it easier. There is a good documentary where some people eat healthy for a month and all of a sudden they are much healthier etc.
>>
>>35423239
>supersize me
>>
>>35421289
Cut it out cold turkey, along with all other junk, processed garbage. Maybe in a couple years you can treat yourself to a grilled McChicken or whatever but the only way to beat this addiction is cold turkey
>>
>>35421289
I'm in the same boat. Not with fast food but I can never go a full day eating healthy because I always get so hungry before dinner.
>>
>>35421289
if u dont have the willpower to just fucking stop. u atleast have to decrease how often you eat it, aim for just having it like every other day instead of all the time
>>
>>35423755
>can't even last a DAY

NEVER going to make it
>>
>>35423737
tried this before, i end up binging on shit food :/
>>
File: 1451454976351.jpg (14 KB, 528x437) Image search: [Google]
1451454976351.jpg
14 KB, 528x437
>>35423805
Nah I will because I'm still losing weight and I don't crave approval from a neckbeard who only comes on here to talk shit. Have fun going back to your grease filled, basement dwelling life, edgelord.
>>
try to find why you do it , maybe isnt hungry

happens to me aswell and is just for boredom (have lot of free time right now) and i just try to do other stuff , take a coffe , chew gum i dont know
>>
What I did was buy a pre packaged meal plan off the internet. I won't share the name of the company so as to not be accused of shilling, but basically they send you a month's worth of frozen keto meals, breakfast lunch and dinner, for 300$.

I COULD probably just cook most of this stuff myself but it's nice to be able to just go to the freezer, grab a random meat and veggie pouch, throw it in the microwave and go.
>>
only eat healthy home made food for a couple weeks, you will eventually lose your sweet tooth and other junk food urges.
>>
by not being a fat faggot
>>
willpower.
>>
>>35423196
you're just as cringey as the fucking op

literally commit sudoku
>>
>>35423568
>fathead
>>
>>35423922

... How will solving number puzzles help?
>>
>>35421289
Stop being a stereotypical fatass. Seriously a majority of that shit upsets my stomach. Why are you even here? You obviously haven't been dot because you still crave over processed crap
>>
Fast food is designed to be convenient and addicting. Put yourself in a place where you only eat whats in your house for 3 weeks. Your brain will lose the dependancy, though there will be some struggle
>>
>>35423817
I'd suggest you learn to cook anon and to appreciate the taste of home prepared food.

The other day I was craving for cheesecake but I didn't want to buy it readymade because I'm so used to eating clean, no added sugar, no crap in my food. I ended up making a no-bake recipe that was pretty healthy, and although probably pretty far from the taste of the "real thing", the matter was that I ended up preferring the healthy alternative. So it starts by teaching your body to appreciate home prepared food.

I'd say you can indulge yourself with a McD meal a week but only one, if you eat clean the rest of the time. No need to "never eat it again". Although you'll eventually probably not want to.
>>
>>35423940
>he doesnt even know the meme

leave
>>
>>35421289

People are going to talk shit but I know this feel. It's a straight up addiction. It is hard to quit because fast food is fucking everywhere.

I used to have to fight myself from turning into that drive thru, hands were shaking, shit was ridiculous. But I DIDN'T WANT IT. I had to keep telling myself that. I wanted the food, but I was tired of being a fat piece of shit.

It gets easier with time, friendo. But in the beginning, it's sheer willpower.

I used to go to taco bell every morning on work days. So instead, I started putting 5 dollars in a jar every morning. After a month, that's 100 fucking dollars. I mean, I knew how much I was spending, but a visual representation really helped.
>>
File: laffin @ u.png (93 KB, 171x278) Image search: [Google]
laffin @ u.png
93 KB, 171x278
>>35424169
>It's a straight up addiction.
>>
>>35421289
literally kill yourself for having ZERO willpower. fast food is addicting because its full of fat and sugar which is in essence ADDICTIVE. take two weeks off it and you wont want it again.
>>
>>35421289
OP don't listen to these people putting you down. I used to be just like you. It is hard because you can have a literal addiction to fast food because they put chemicals in their that make you crave it. I quit cold turkey and it seems like you can't so try your best to have it only once a week until you no longer crave it. Like some other people have said just cook at home. Even if what you're cooking isn't healthy it will be a lot better than fast food.
>>
>>35424237
>its addicting
>have it once a week

are you retarded? its sugar not meth. forcing yourself into a routine is literally the way to quit fast food. i hate that this board puts people down more than anything, but only because 99% of shit on here sits in a grey area because different things work for different people. this is fucking black and white. you force yourself not to have fast food, and within a very short time you wont crave it anymore.
>>
Is subway OK?

I usually get a chicken salad, triple meat with no dressing or cheese.
>>
>>35423431
What's the name of the documentary dude?
>>
>>35424380
Not that guy but maybe it's supersize me
>>
>>35424380
>people who eat healthy for a month are suddenly more healthy
why do you need a documentary to confirm this you stupid cuck
>>
>>35424412

Different documentary I think, the guy was talking about people that got healthy, supersize me was about a guy who fucked himself up
>>
Yes, your body does literally get addicted to sugar, in the same way you get addicted to anything else. This is not a meme, this is an actual thing. Going keto is the answer here. And I mean buy the little test strips, literally piss test yourself, everything. No, I'm not kidding. Consider it analogous to rehab. You will literally experience withdrawal symptoms. It will suck for the first month or two.

I'm three months into it. I haven't had a single soda, and honestly at this point I don't even miss it.
>>
>>35424427

So people that watch documentaries about war are only watching them to confirm that people died in it? No, you fucking moron, it just sounds like an interesting documentary.
>>
>>35424503
weakest fucking argument ive ever seen, and i browse /fit/. dying is a result of going to war, which implies the documentary fills some blanks. an accurate comparison would be to say "theres a documentary about going to war where after a month the soldiers are in a war". becoming healthy by eating healthy requires no fill the blanks.

>eat healthy
>get healthy
having trouble comprehending, sweety?
>>
>>35424612

Did the people derail at any point? Did they find it easy? What were they eating? What were their previous eating habits? How many calories were they eating? How much weight did they lose?

Like supersize me, everybody knows he's going to fuck up his body by eating shit but it's still a good watch.
>>
>>35424291
>sugar
I guess you don't know what is fed to cows to get them huge and the stuff put in during the factory process. We're talking about billion dollar food chains that need beef fast and in quanity, not your grandpas farm.
>>
>>35424927
Corn n grain?????
>>
>>35424933
Topkek. Oh to be so innocent minded.
>>
>>35424938
Not corn n grain?!?!?!
>>
>>35424938
It must be hay then, right?
>>
File: 1266722696908.png (120 KB, 351x285) Image search: [Google]
1266722696908.png
120 KB, 351x285
>>35423922

>tripfagging on /ck/
>>
Fat, sick, and nearly dead
>>
>>35424948
I know McDonalds says there isn't enough beef in North America so they're going to import beef cows from South America. In South America they can spray pesticides on their pasture that is banned here. They also use fucking hormones and steroids that would be illegal to use here. Does that answer you Mr. "Corn n Grains"?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.