[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/, I'm somewhat of a skeleton and I need to bulk up.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: ideHsJg.jpg (34 KB, 480x371) Image search: [Google]
ideHsJg.jpg
34 KB, 480x371
/fit/, I'm somewhat of a skeleton and I need to bulk up. The problem is, due to my living arrangements, I have no access to a functional kitchen. I cannot store or prepare any food for myself. No stove, no fridge, no dishes, nothing.

I'm looking to fix this, obviously, but in the meantime, any ideas for ways to meet the diet requirements anyway? It'll probably be half a year to a year before I can move anywhere else and I don't want to waste all this time because of something stupid like not being able to cook for myself.
>>
>>35419489

wtf where are you living that has no appliances

eat oats and peanuts
>>
>>35419501
I live with my mom, who's a bit of a hoarder, in a very small apartment. The kitchen area is pretty much ground zero of roof leaks, hoarding, and neglect (resulting in broken appliances). I wouldn't even know where to start to fix that, and I don't really want to sink any money into this place.
>>
>>35419524
Forgot to mention that pests are an issue, which is why even non-refrigerated food is out.
>>
>>35419524

then you're p fucked. peanut butter, oats, raw veggies, beef jerky.
>>
>>35419489
peanut butter, nuts (might be an issue with pests), and some mass gainer in water (milk if you can)

If you can try to buy shit like canned chicken breast or tuna/sardines/anchovies in olive oil for more cals.
>>
File: 11-4-2015.png (158 KB, 414x526) Image search: [Google]
11-4-2015.png
158 KB, 414x526
>>35419536
Time to move out
or
do SS+GOMAD just chug the milk at the store's parking lot no need for a fridge
>>
I love that you live in a house without a functional kitchen because your mother has a serious mental illness, but your focus for the new year is to bulk up. Priorities right there.
>>
> I'm looking to fix this
mini fridge is like $50, this has got to be bait
>>
>>35419559
>>35419586
>peanut butter, nuts (might be an issue with pests), and some mass gainer in water (milk if you can)
Okay, I think I can manage this. I could probably store everything but the milk in a plastic bin with a lid like pic-related. As for the milk, the freezer side of the broken fridge *kind-of* works like the fridge side should, but I'd have to stick to half-gallons for sure and drink it in a day or two, probably, lest it spoil.

>If you can try to buy shit like canned chicken breast or tuna/sardines/anchovies in olive oil for more cals.
Stupid question maybe, but would I just eat that straight out of the can? How does preparation for this go?

>Time to move out
I know, but I'm a poorfag. I'm 100% working on this.

>>35419594
>I love that you live in a house without a functional kitchen because your mother has a serious mental illness, but your focus for the new year is to bulk up. Priorities right there.
This isn't a New Years resolution and I'm trying to work with my mom on her shit. I was actually planning on moving with her in January, but she's recently put moving off yet again; this time for summer. That's mostly why I'm starting to make plans now. Not New Years. I'm tired of waiting for a move that might not ever happen.

>>35419612
>mini fridge is like $50, this has got to be bait
What? I thought they were like $200 for anything respectable? I'll get one if they're that cheap. Still doesn't solve the cooking part, though.
>>
File: IDShot_540x540.jpg (49 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
IDShot_540x540.jpg
49 KB, 540x540
>>35419489
Reposting

So you already know that oats, rice, beans and milk are going to be staples in your diets. Add these. They're 20p at Tescos and I bet you can find them cheaper in other stores. ~240kcal of relatively healthy cheap carbs that can be eaten straight out the can.

DON'T buy canned tuna unless it's really cheap. You can usually find canned sardines cheaper - they're one of the most nutritious things you can eat, and have little mercury to boot. Again, can be eaten straight out the can.

Nuts are pretty expensive. Buy bird feed peanuts and roast them in an oven. ~5500 calories per £2. You can blend them up to make peanut butter.

You can find fat free greek yogurt at most places ~£1/500g. Quark is better but always seems to be more expensive unless you're lucky enough to live near some poles.

It may be tempting to buy 50p canned ready meals that are full of protein and calories. Don't, they're usually packed full of salt and preservatives. Just eat more of the foods mentioned above

I'm out of ideas. I hope this helps some uni students struggling out there
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.