[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /active/ here? Don't tell me all you do is lift, /fit/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (446 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
446 KB, 2048x2048
Who /active/ here?

Don't tell me all you do is lift, /fit/. We all know that true fitness means a meaningful, active lifestyle. How many of you guys play a sport/have an active hobby/hike or run outside of obligatory cardio?

Rugby and rock climbing here.
>>
>>35418367
I do boffing. It's LARPing without the roleplaying.

I just like hitting people with silly weapons.
>>
>>35418390

I've seen YouTube videos of that shit. You fuckers are crazy. Blood everywhere, just throwing your bodies at each other, smacking the shit out of the person across from you with NO fucks given.
>>
>>35418367
I have a serious orgy hobby
>>
>>35418367
Martial arts, BJJ in particular, hiking, swimming.
>>
>>35418413
My club isn't about that bloodshit. It does feel amazing to just let loose and swing at someone else's face sometimes, though. Great stress relief. We got two paramedics in the club and they will sit your ass down and keep you there if you're bleeding. We don't want people giving other people weird shit.

One of the main reasons I joined my gym was to get more muscle for boffing. There's this 350+ pound fatass who has a lot of leg and arm strength that I can't beat in a one on one, but if I had more strength I'd be able to shove him over and stab him once he's prone.

>>35418367
I tried rock climbing once, but I'm just not strong enough yet to support my own weight with just my fingers. I had a lot of fun at the gym I was taken to. I'll probably try again after another year of lifting when I'm not as thin as I still am.
>>
>>35418390
I had to youtube this. Sorry bro, shit is funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dQTfXerSAA
>>
>>35418390
I do this too. I wasn't in this video but there's some good fighters.

This is actually my club here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuTHBvFeoe0
>>
>>35418484
Shit IS funny. It's just a way to unwind- it's not any real kind of martial art. You're just swinging around pvc pipes with yoga mats on them.
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 528x960
>>35418367
>converse
at least rent some shoes if you're gonna pretend like you climb
>>
Rugby is life, back or forward OP?
>>
>>35418367
I mainly rock climb and play soccer.

Why is that black dude climbing in converse?
>>
File: deandre-jordan-dunk-face.jpg (48 KB, 600x383) Image search: [Google]
deandre-jordan-dunk-face.jpg
48 KB, 600x383
>>35418584
>>35418611

That picture was taken way back on my first time, actually. Only pic I have of me climbing. Sorry brehs.
>>
Rock climbing is fucking hard, but fun. Had to take it for Uni as my phys ed
>>
tennis, cycling, muay thai

I literally don't even lift 2bh :^) just come here for the fat hate threads
>>
>>35418637
do any outdoors stuff?
>>
>>35418367
MMA and Wrestling Assistant Coach
I run every day too, I'm also in the ARMY
My life is pretty active I think
>>
>>35418367
>or run outside of obligatory cardio?
what does this mean? can you run without it being cardio?
>>
>>35418680
This.
>>
>>35418683

Rugby's outside, yeah. I go hiking occasionally, but it's not that often.
>>
i play rugby almost everyday, when i'm not im lifting or recovering from the soreness heh.
>>
>>35418637

I'm >>35418584

Just curious what your training routines are. I've climbed for about 7 years but recently started doing bodybuilding work to get a more proportional physique but I feel like its negatively effected my recovery ability for climbing.

Alternatively, if weight training is your main focus (which it probably is) how many days do you climb and at what point does it begin to negatively effect your training?

thx
>>
File: d007.jpg (25 KB, 283x255) Image search: [Google]
d007.jpg
25 KB, 283x255
>tfw hiking with a friend
>tfw she's a 120lbs womanlet and finishes the climb 10 minutes before me
>>
>>35418466
>I'm just not strong enough yet to support my own weight with just my fingers
>I'll probably try again after another year of lifting when I'm not as thin as I still am
nigga what the fuck, obviously you aren't going to be able to pull from your fingertips on the first session. The first few are about burning your forearms out and actually weighting your feet, being skinny is the ideal for climbing. Theres literally no way your fingers are going to get any stronger without climbing it's ultra specific just go and do it 4x a week you fanny
>>
>>35418744
lol, was meaning outdoor climbing.
>>
>>35418779
should've done your cardio
>>
>cousins on both sides of family climb
>horrible scars from surgery to fix tendonitis

Are my cousins just fuckups who forgot to work their extensor muscles or does climbing cause tendonitis?
>>
>>35419053
it does put a lot of stress on your tendons
>>
I play football on Sundays and occasionally hockey on Fridays. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on /fit/ not interested in pure strength training.

>tfw you're fast and get easily get separation but you can't catch the ball
>>
File: 47572.jpg (47 KB, 590x320) Image search: [Google]
47572.jpg
47 KB, 590x320
I play soccer
not even a yuropoor
>>
>>35418367
>>35418590
Fellow rugbros, prop here. Best sport in the world. USA lads?
>>
>>35419053
A2 pulley rupture is really common
>>
>>35419053
Probably both.

Climbing (bouldering or dynamic sport climbing in particular) puts a lot of stress on finger and elbow tendons. Risk of tendon injury can be greatly decreased by doing extensor exercises, self massage, and various other prehab work, but most of the people I climb with are super lazy/inconsistent with regard to injury prevention exercises and have zero understanding of how to effectively use resistance training to avoid the development of major muscular imbalances.
>>
I run 6-10km daily. I don't lift at all.
>>
File: ecWysEe.jpg (83 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
ecWysEe.jpg
83 KB, 640x1136
Does HIIT and going to clubs to pick up sluts count as having hobbies other than lifting?
>>
>>35420327
How the fuck you gunna save a pic then repost it when the original pic is still up in the thread, and as an OP too. You people are the worst

Run, bodysurf, going to get back into muay Thai soon. Yoga also.
>>
>>35418367
I toprope 5.12c, boulder V8, and LMAO lead 5.10c (just started to lead like 2 days ago).

Anyone else climb?
>>
>>35421032
Boulder V5-V8, Toprope 5.11D-5.12B, Lead 5.11A-5.11C. Been bouldering pretty regularly for a couple years and started on ropes when I got a climbing gym job in early November. Occasional outdoor, but mostly a gymfag (pacific NW).
>>
I watch anime on the treadmill.
I don't really do anything active other than lift and row desu
>>
>>35418367

Please say it's Union OP, league doesn't count unless your northern or poor
>>
I play a lot of softball (yes, i know, it is not very physically demanding, but i fucking love it)

Hike in the summer. Not dayhikes, but days/weekslong hikes in the sierras. holy fuck what i would do to be bear grylls

i'm planning on crossfitting once the crossfit opens in february by my work
>>
I play golf

It's fun and you get to show off your gains
>>
>>35419316
I play basketball
not even black
>>
>>35418484
WAR IS HELL
>>
>>35418367
brown belt in jiu jitsu here. Don't even lift that much (2 days a week)
>>
I play video games. It's pretty fun.
>>
>>35419335
I also play rugby, in Spain.
>>
>>35418538
I LMAOed at this vid. I am such a fuckin nerd....this looks so fun, especially in the snow. The slide at ~0:43 was awesome. Snowman target practice...why don't I have friends to do this with? Fuck life.
>>
Ice Hockey. Right defense.
>>
>>35421032
>>35421670
>tfw no friends to do outdoor climbing with
>>
Rugby + BJJ
>>
File: 1451152282717.jpg (59 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1451152282717.jpg
59 KB, 640x640
I got into lifting cause I had todo physio for sports related injuries from freestyle skiing. Now I do both, feels good desu.
>>
>>35418367
WHO SAWKER HERE?
>>
I'm a long-distance runner. I eat enough in order not to lose my gains though. All this meme-shit against cardio isn't true. Also, I'm getting some nice muscles which are hard to train with machines. Not biceps or anything, but my legs look pretty neat.
It's also good for your posture and against dysbalances.

I think "fit" is a pretty broad term and doesn't just mean pure strenght.
Unless you can chase me down and beat my ass if I insult you, you're not really "fit", just strong.
>>
>>35423162
I can climb with you, senpai. Where you at?
>>
File: Am I right.jpg (122 KB, 1244x898) Image search: [Google]
Am I right.jpg
122 KB, 1244x898
>>35423366
>>
I'm a wide receiver. Got fat as fuck over the holidays
>>
>>35423434
t o r o n t o
>>
>>35423553
Yeah... nevermind. I'm eurofag :(
>>
Hunting, tracking, hiking and climbing.
>>
>>35423162
Like, no friends period? Or no climbing friends? If no climbing friends offer to take someone you think might get into it to the gym with you and get 'em hooked.
>>
>>35424920
This
>>
>>35424920
>no friends period
;_;
>>
I fly planes for pastime (France), it's cool but really expensive
>>
All I do is play IM sports now.
>>
>>35425350
Make friends at the gym? The one I go to, most everyone is super social and friendly. They're basically hippies with money. My friend and I aren't really social, but most of the regulars at the gym talk to us because we're good at climbing and we're kind of friends/acquaintances with a lot of them now. We've never approached any of them.
>>
>>35425649
i want to, but i'm not good at climbing, only started recently

and most people are already there with a friend or a group
>>
I bike. occasionally play tackle football, when I'm hurt its usually from this. used play soccer once a week but quit cause too time consuming. weekends I go to clubs with my friends and dance my ass off, good cardio. I used to do mudruns, trained for ninja warrior, but dropped the whole idea like two years ago. back in school did a lot of intramurals.
>>
>>35420327
>tfw you have to save an angie varona pic everytime its posted

stop it please my HDD can only take so much
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.