[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is a great well of sadness in me /fit/. I think of my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 1450751348455.jpg (83 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1450751348455.jpg
83 KB, 600x900
There is a great well of sadness in me /fit/. I think of my life and the tears well up. Sometimes I walk through the streets and cry. I use to meditate, do nofap and exercise - but strangely enough this made me feel worse than ever. It brought all the shit to the surface. So the past two weeks I have been neglecting everything that has gotten me this far. I keep telling myself I will start over in the new year.

How many of you have slipped out of commitment? How did you get back into it? How do you deal with overwhelming feels? Will I benefit from leaving 4chan for good?
>>
you get back in by retapping into your motivation

what got you in will bring you back

focus
>>
>>35417508
I want to lick the back of her thighs
>>
What is it about your life that makes you so upset friend?
>>
>>35417508
> It brought all the shit to the surface

The first step in dealing with problems is admitting them, from there you confront them, and slowly learn how to manage them

It sounds like you're just starting to get a grip on the facts that your life is/was a mess, because you can no longer distract yourself with cheap empty distractions like jerking off and 4chan. keep at it, and over time hopefully you should start feeling proud of your discipline, and you'll be victorious over these feelings
>>
>>35417508
>meditation
THIS IS THE GREATEST MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE AND YOU'RE OFF SOMEWHERE MISSING IT
>>
>>35417563
Well anon, let me tell you. I'm a 24 year old male with nothing behind my name. In order to steer clear of my destructive lifestyle, I have let go of all my former friends and girlfriends - I have nobody right now - and it is lonely as fuck. I work as a waiter and I hate the job, I hate serving others and I hate the idea of just slaving for a small wage to keep afloat. Apart from that, I have a rich ass father who barely spends a dime on me while I live in my shit little one room apartment. All I want to do is study and get my life back on track, but according to him I first need to 'prove' myself. Apart from being sober for over 9 months, having relapsed for about 5 months and then another year of total sobriety before that. But I guess the biggest thing bro, is I don't feel actualized. I feel like I have all this potential in me and it's just getting funneled straight down the drain. I should be creating amazing art, or managing some hedge fund at a great company - it doesn't really matter. But my existence feels boxed in, isolated and sad. Above that, the gym - the one fucking thing I was pouring myself into and kept my motivation levels high - has been closed for 10 days now and will be closed for another 5 days. That's pretty much the just of it.
>>
>>35417595
This is valuable advice, and much of my life's strategy involves the very things you mention. It's just since the gym has closed, and the festive season making me realize how lonely I truly am, I just let go of it all. Stopped caring for a while.

You are right, the empty distractions will never do it for me anymore. And I have experience the proud feeling of being victorious and cultivating discipline, that's why it makes it so much harder when you give it up and fall back into old ways.
>>
>>35417714
I can tell from this post you're going to get out this rut you've been in

I've done the same thing since the semster ending. The gym near me has been closed for a week and it's so incredibly easy to stay in my room playing videogames like I didn't 2-3 years ago.

But just because I've messed up for a week or two doesn't mean I'm not going to get right the fuck back on the wagon and kick myself back into gear
>>
>>35417829
Thanks mate, you and me both. I just want to get back and lift weights, I guess I didn't realize how much of a release and anchor it was for me up until now. Well, the new year is around the bend - might as well start anew along with it.
>>
Going through the same shit m8. 2016 is our year though, remember that.
>>
Hey op. Do you remember that you need to break your muscles for them to get stronger?

Same things with feels brah
>>
>>35417508
While a lot of what Elliot hulse has to say I think is a load of shit, one thing has stuck with me.

He compared our comittment to seasons; we have cycles where we are ultra focussed, ultra productive and go ultra hard. This is conversely followed by seasons of off. To recharge and to regrow.

This is something I like to think of because I find this time of year great for letting me recharge. New year resolutions might be memes, but the down time is great for me to sit and think; write out real goals, and the plans that go with it.

Also it lets me see everything in perspective. Because I can really reflect on the past year while I'm in this down period.

As for crying, it's important I think. Because I used to keep shit bottled up entirely, and would never cry; the last time I did before last week was in 2012, after she broke things off with me.

Last week I did, and I've been feeling more positive about everything. It's almost like the tears and sadness left my body as I allowed myself to feel that way, and were soon replaced with plans and the realisation that things are pretty good.
>>
File: 253836-aliya06.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
253836-aliya06.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>19, turning 20 in a month
>studying chemical engineering
>have qt3.14 chinese gf, love her to death have a really really great relationship going for a while now, only improving
>no idea what I want to do with the future
>scared of becoming a grey man 9 to 5 office worker stereotype

Just really bored with life right now, have no idea or aspiration to keep going really. Not this I'm unhappy, just don't see the point in it all. Need to find a source of motivation and goal setting, get back to being productive. No idea how though. Feels like everyone around me is just working as hard as possible so they can die sooner or something, life feels very empty from this perspective.

Anyone know of any good existential books? Preferably from the antiquity era, I heard Marcus Aurelius was inspiring as fuck.
>>
>>35417901
M-my god, it all makes sense now
>>
File: 1445813395292.jpg (9 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1445813395292.jpg
9 KB, 240x240
>>35417668
Fuck off. It only gets worse, so how about you buckle down and quit being a cuteass.

I'm three years off heroin. I'm raising a child and putting my wife through college, working a hard job, putting off dreams and goals and friends and everything but I don't care because if you love people then realize love doesn't come, or stay, without sacrifice. You should be thankful for your chickenshit server job. I carry up to 13000 lbs of shit some days. Git gud
>>
File: 1400551631094.jpg (6 KB, 226x250) Image search: [Google]
1400551631094.jpg
6 KB, 226x250
>>35417940
>mfw this entire post
>>
>>35417912
OP here, I've read Marcus's Meditations and it was insightful to some degree, but honestly, it won't shrug off existential malaise. Something that I can suggest though is Max Stirner's The Ego and it's Own. It's pretty much Egoistic Nihilism and helps you reevaluate what is truly important to you and what is ideas that have been put in your head by society.

>>35417940
I don't know what your background is mate, but I come from a family where pretty much everybody is highly qualified and earning big money. My 'chickenshit server job' doesn't do all that much for me compared to the giants that my father and grandfather are. Also, I don't have anybody that I am responsible for, so thankfully I don't have to carry shit around for a living - and I don't think it's quite worth 'putting off dreams and goals' for.
>>
File: 1440529364864.jpg (482 KB, 1060x1078) Image search: [Google]
1440529364864.jpg
482 KB, 1060x1078
>>35417940
>Git gud
>Has ever done heroine

Yeah, okay buddy.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.