[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Back tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 2232675-42088089jn5.jpg (31 KB, 320x254) Image search: [Google]
2232675-42088089jn5.jpg
31 KB, 320x254
Hey, /fit/, so I started lifting about 4 months ago. I'm really pleased with my progress, but not with my back. I hate working out my back. The range of motion is more limited and I never go away feeling satisfied. As of now, I basically stick to wide rows and neutral grip bent-over rows.

Anyone have any good tips or insights for working out your back with dumbbells? Care to share routines, etc.

Pic related, my goal back m8s.

Thanks guys.
>>
I am also interested in this
>>
dumbbell rows and pullups are your friends. Also face pulls and a rowing machine if you have one available.
>>
>>35416877
>mfw no back-abs

Curse my frail human shell
>>
>>35416877

Sweet mary it's real easy to tell when your looking at a Baki page
>>
>>35416930
Are you referring to one handed dumbbell rows?

I do my workouts at home, by the way, so I don't have a rowing machine, nor do I think I have a way to do face pulls.
>>
>>35416877
Weighted chinups, heavy rows and heavy standard deadlifts are really all you need for adding that raw, thick mass to the upper/mid back.

Throw in a few stiff-legged/romanian deadlifts and back hyperextensions for that juicy lower back valley action.
>>
>>35416979
ya. i didnt know if u did your other rows with a bar or not. Definitely find a way to do pullups
>>
>>35417061
No I have a set of adjustable dumbbells.
>>
>>35417082
go online and find a pullup bar you can install in a door frame. The 2 best kinds are the ones that you screw a brace into the wall, and the other one is a bigger looking thing that latches onto the door frame from the back and doubles as a pushup station (dont use them for push ups but this is a good pullup bar)
>>
T bar rows
>>
I should start doing BB rows again. I also personally hate one arm DB rows because I never really felt in control of my back if that makes sense (just felt my posture was shit).

fwiw, my back routine:
5x5 T-Bar rows
4x12 lat pull downs
4x12 seated cable rows

I'm starting assisted pull ups as well since I still can't do them.

>>35416930
Do facepulls really do a lot for your back? I always thought of it for shoulders.
>>
seriously m8 fuck dumbells
what you wanna work on for a sweet back is the front lever and some one arm chinup training
like work towards a front lever and do chinups with very little assistance from your second arm
that and heavy deadlifts = ninja turtle mode
>>
I fucking love weighted pullups. High-point of every week. I started them instead of barbell rows because I could absolutely not figure out the fucking movement. No matter how much I read about advice or tinkered with the movement I always experienced back pain.
>>
>>35416877
Only Yujiro can have back like that you fool
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.