[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Subway
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: 8178426_orig.jpg (51 KB, 480x301) Image search: [Google]
8178426_orig.jpg
51 KB, 480x301
What does /fit/ think about Subway? Is it as healthy as they say?
>>
>>35414009
>Is it as healthy as they say?
Prepackaged lunchmeats are not as healthy as meat you cook fresh for yourself, and Subway is expensive compared to making yourself food.
>>
>>35414009
footlong chicken teriyake with double meat, cheese, sweetcorn, gerkhins and lettuce on italian herbs and cheese + toasted FUCK MY SHIT UP SUBFAM
>>
>processed meat
>shit ingredients

Need I go on?
>>
>>35414009

It makes you want to fit yourself into smaller pants
>>
>>35414009

Like any other restaurant, it varies widely depending on what you order.
>>
>>35414116
>muh processed meat

You only eat organic meat from free range fresh grass eating animals?
>>
>>35414141
the correct answer
>>
>>35414202
Yes because I can afford it
>>
>>35414009
Worked in a Subway for about two years.
FUCK NO it's not healthy.
>>
>>35414264
Explain
>>
>>35414009

As far as fast food goes, it's pretty good. I just feel like I can make a better sandwich myself for less money in about the same amount of time.
>>
>>35414312
People go there to try to be "healthy" but slap an ungodly amount of condiments on their sandwiches, i.e. some regulars would get nearly every sauce we had on a plain chicken sub. A batch of tuna salad was something like 6lbs of tuna with 3lbs of mayo because "that's how the customers like it".
>>
Everyone says subway is healthy. I have been eating foot long meatball marinara on wheat bread for lunch the past week and gained 2 pounds. help /fit/!!
>>
File: 1379339139308.jpg (34 KB, 375x303) Image search: [Google]
1379339139308.jpg
34 KB, 375x303
T b h
Subway club without cheese, with veggies and with one non-mayo sauce (BBQ for example) is a god tier post workout meal.
You get lean protein (turkey meat), fiber veggie carbs and also complex starch carbs from the buns, with some simple glucose-sucrose carbs from the little bit of sauce.

The macros are good as well.
>>
>>35414258
You can't afford a decent body though fuccboi.
>>
>>35414430
>what is dirty bulking
>>
yeah you can get some pretty decent macros but the wrong sandwich can easily have 1200+ calories.

plus, that shit is kinda expensive nowadays
>>
>>35414745
I'm 5'6'' 258 pounds i'm not trying to bulk!!
>>
>>35414745
What actually is dirty bulking? These are terms I don't know
>>
i get the veggie delite with barely any vinaigrette and a shit load of veggies on whole wheat maybe twice a month, how'd i do /fit/
>>
>>35415014
Ask that in /plg/
>>
>>35415014
Different way of saying just eatingike a fat fuck. Instead of eating say, an extra serving of oats or more of another healthy food to increase your calories for the day healthily. Compared to like what my skelly bro does is just eat garbage. Fast food, sweets, cakes, etc.

At least that's how I see it. All high calorie:serving food purely for calories amd weight gain at the expense of potential heart/cholesterol problems.
>>
>>35414009
Blimpies > subshit anyday. Plus buying subway makes you a pedophile enabler.
>>
>>35414995
you probably put tons of other shit on the sandwhich that makes it high calorie.

also you probably eat other high calorie shit on top of that.
>>
i hear their "whole wheat" isn't really "whole", plus its like all bread with a paper thin layer of meat. Pretty much the only thing worth the price is the meatball pepperoni if you're bulking & can't manage to get the calories elsewhere.
>>
>>35414430
Weight fluctuates 5 pounds over the course of a single day. Don't stress too much over week to week changes.
>>
>>35415049
Tbh I dirty bulk. Fast food definitely.. like burgers, sandwiches, burritos.. whatever. I don't eat sweets, cakes, soda though.. that is replaced by beer mostly.
>>
>>35415049
Never understood this one. If you are over BMI 18 (so, not underweight), there is no reason to purposely try to gain as much fat as possible. I don't know if I've ever seen a progress pic where a natty looked good finishing a dirty bulk. When I hear someone brag about gaining 20 lbs in a month on /fit/, I cringe knowing they built like 3 lbs of lean muscle and 17 lbs of fat. Just makes the cut way harder than it needs to be.
>>
>>35415161
That rarely ever happens.

Even the most fatty foods wont leave you with 17 lbs of fat and 3 lbs of muscle.

This is why you need to get enough preotine when you do your dirty bulk.
>>
>>35415161
You probably look like shit anyways so what do you care what other people do. I could saying the same thing about "clean eaters". The guy that always go on about how clean and healthy their diet is but still look like shit.
>>
File: pajeetface.jpg (66 KB, 653x592) Image search: [Google]
pajeetface.jpg
66 KB, 653x592
>>35414009
>Subway is expensive
>>
I get a footlong veggie sub with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions, hot peppers with honey mustard. It's awesome and only about 650 calories, which is good for the amount of food you're eating. It's not the best choice but when it comes to fast food it's about the best deal going IMO.
>>
I go to Subway maybe 2x a month. Usually the day after my heavy lifting day. I get a footlong veggie on wheat, no pickles, no condiments.
>>
I'm cutting, and sometimes I get a 6 inch, the macros really aren't bad on some sandwiches. I also have never gotten sick from eating there, which is a major concern for me.
>>
File: fit_girl_005.jpg (331 KB, 772x979) Image search: [Google]
fit_girl_005.jpg
331 KB, 772x979
>>35414324

This. If I'm on the road or something, Subway is my go-to fastfood chain, especially cutting.
>>
>>35414009

Get the fuck out of here you shill and while you're at it kill yourself.
>>
>>35414009
>what is sodium
>what is happening to my wallet
>mfw

It's good every now and then, but hell if you buy it regularly.
>>
Who doesn't love Subwayâ„¢?
>>
full of pakis
>>
File: 1451353150244.jpg (101 KB, 864x717) Image search: [Google]
1451353150244.jpg
101 KB, 864x717
What about a salad w/ chicken, all veggies, and mustard as the sauce?
That'd be healthy right?
>>
>>35417078
Should be, but expensive
>>
expensive as shit in the UK, like seriously fucking expensive if you don't take the really cheap deals.

That said, the sausage, cheese and eggs on flatbread with pickles tastes great in the morning.

Meatball sub or flatbread's also great, but I can literally just buy my own bread and get that delicious klopsiki from the polish store next door.
>>
Its a footlong sandwich, theres nothing healthy about that
>>
>>35417192

>meat is unhealthy
>veggies are unhealthy

let me guess, you're one of those fuckwits who think bread is unhealthy as well, right? go back to reddit please NYRfag.
>>
>>35417205
>processed meat is healthy
>>
>>35417216

Ok fred flinstone, give me a couple minutes to kill a live animal here so we don't gota process no shit for your special needs.

Clearly, your 25% bodyfat DYEL disgusting nattie physique demands only the best sources prepared in front of you.

Want us to call the cheese lady as well and churn it in front of you?
>>
>>35417247
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/statements/2015/processed-meat-cancer/en/
>>
>>35417263

>muh cancer

I can link literally everything you eat or have done in your life to an article that it causes/raises cancer.

fuck off back to reddit, please.
>>
>>35417301
Sometimes I forget this board isn't about health anymore
>>
>>35414009
Brb, a day's worth of carbs and sodium in a 6" sub.
>>
>>35417308
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aOVBOwbqcT8
>>
>>35414009
The break falls apart into a pile of crumbs at the touch
>>
>>35414132
Underrated post
>>
>>35414009
Is this shit as expensive in the US as it is here in Europe? That's the main reason I never eath there because I could buy 2 pizzas for 1 footlong
>>
>>35414995
holy shit 5ft6 258lbs hahahahahaha you are one fat fattie. idk what would be worse, if you're a guy and you're that short or if you're a girl and you weigh that much

Jesus fucking Christ that's short and fat tho

but seriously, its probably not the subway that's making you gain weight. it's probably the ten bigmacs you have for breakfast hahahahahaha
seriously why the fuck are you on a fitness forum

but like woah if I was that big I wouldn't leave the house. because I wouldn't be able to hahahaha
then again you could just lay on your side and roll out, you're so short you'd fit through the door frame that way
>>
did you see that subway guy
i knew he was a little off
standing there with a sub in one hand lube in another
>>
>go to subway
>order footlong white bread with bacon, avacado, all the meats, salt, pepper, a bunch of sauces
>also get 5 cookies and a large coke
>"why aren't i losing weight!!!"
>>
I do love the smell tbqhf
>>
File: 1438920112146.png (56 KB, 900x655) Image search: [Google]
1438920112146.png
56 KB, 900x655
It's cheaper than McDonalds in Canada.
>>
It's not worth it for the price and that stale bread.
>>
>>35417316
xD 490mg of sodium and 42carbs in a 6" grilled chicken sub xDDD
>>
>>35414368
>A batch of tuna salad was something like 6lbs of tuna with 3lbs of mayo
fuck, i always get chicken and tuna
i-it's okay though if i only get veggies besides, right? no condiments?
r-right?
>>
>>35419257
just get a brown bread sub with grilled chicken tomatoes onions and lettuce
>>
Rate my subway meals.

Gainzmaker- Footlong meatball marinara, double meat (16 meatballs total), italian herbs + cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt + pepper, oregano, lettuce, onions, green peppers, red wine vinegar.

Footlong wheat bread, steak (double meat), american and provolone cheese, toasted, onions, green peppers, hot sauce.

Wheat bread, oven roasted chicken, double meat, american cheese, salt + pepper, lettuce, pickles, green peppers, red wine vinegar, half BBQ + half hot sauce.
>>
File: 1445998855085.jpg (59 KB, 630x498) Image search: [Google]
1445998855085.jpg
59 KB, 630x498
>>35414009
>>
>>35414009
I like how you can have them just keep piling on whatever as far as vegetables go without being charged extra. Lettuce, tomatoes, spinach, pickles, jalapenos, peppers, olives. I don't give a fuck.
>>
Work at subway ama if u guys want
>>
high sodium, but if you get turkey or chicken, its less than 10g fat with 100 carb and around 50g protein for a footlong. no cheese of course.
>>
>>35419779
What was the general reception of the news about Jared among your co-workers/management?
>>
>>35419779
Healthiest bread?
Healthiest meat?
angriest customer?
Ever drop something and put it back?
>>
>>35414009

Just eat the salads and don't got apeshit with the sauces.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.