[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>9 months ago >2nd set of squats (doing SL 3 months) >on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1409438785726.png (41 KB, 543x521) Image search: [Google]
1409438785726.png
41 KB, 543x521
>9 months ago
>2nd set of squats (doing SL 3 months)
>on final set feel something in leg pain, high amounts in the patella region
>limp home
>cant walk for 1 week, 2nd week limp, 3rd week gets better and im mostly good again
>3 months later a few times a week left knee(where injury occur feels sore but goes away after a little rest
>3 months later
>one day out pain comes and keeps getting worse and worse until i cant walk, rest or 2 weeks and it gets better
>3 months later after trying to rest and not suqatting pain still there

It gets better for a few days then im back to square one. I havent been in the gym in 3 months and have pretty much lost all gains. I went to a doctor and physio they said its patellar tendinitis and told me to do stretches. Been doing those for a week and no change, also ordered a board so i can try eccentric squats

Any other help bros? I really feel like this could end my lifting career. I just want to walk again pain free at this point.

Thanks.
>>
>>35412571
>knee pain
>lost all my gains
ever heard of swimming,pullups and pushups faggot?
>>
>>35412592
I do body weight but I cant make it to the gym.
>>
>>35412600
>I do body weight
then you haven't lost all your gains.stop lying to yourself.you can get jacked only doing callisthenics.and not squatting for a few months isnt the end of the world.
>>
File: 1273014123513.png (69 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1273014123513.png
69 KB, 400x400
>>35412620
>you can get jacked only doing callisthenics.
>>
File: petrunias.jpg (105 KB, 1445x856) Image search: [Google]
petrunias.jpg
105 KB, 1445x856
>>35412646
stay ignorant fatty
>>
bamp
>>
>>35412761
>implying gymnasts only use callisthenics
>implying they arent roided manlets anyway
>>
Pls
>>
>>35412761

>You can totally get jacked on calisthenics
>To prove it, I'll point out how jacked-looking people get from gymnastics and roids

dude what
>>
File: 1437804652062.jpg (18 KB, 516x526) Image search: [Google]
1437804652062.jpg
18 KB, 516x526
>>35412571
Do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLh0jF5M_gY

and foamroll/Lacrosseball your quads, the ENTIRE quad. Hold it where it hurts, contract and relax the muscle for reps of 1. Again, the ENTIRE quad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJTsioGW0S4

Wrap your knee like this, you can get support bandages at a pharmacy or any sports shop.

Take multivitamins and fish oils, make sure you get lots of vitamin E as it helps rebuild tendon tissue.

As of how much to rest, i honestly dont know. I have tendinitis in my quadricep tendons attaching to my knee but never rested it, and this is what has helped me. Still suffer from pain when its cold or when not warmed up. But training is pain free. As far as i know its a side effect to training hard man. Its just life. If you can control the symptoms i dont think you need to stop lifting.
>>
>>35413270
I meant sets of 10 reps lol
>>
bump for OP
>>
>>35413270
thanks brah.

How long did it take to feel better?
>>
>>35413877
Within the day of doing it basically, just keep at it
>>
>>35413957
Adding to this post:

Do some of it now and keep me updated
>>
>>35413957
did the stretch and foam rolled, dont feel different but i guess this takes time.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.