[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: QTDDTOT.png (239 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
QTDDTOT.png
239 KB, 800x600
QTDDTOT

questions that don't deserve their own thread
>>
this good?

>A
Bench 4*8
Squats 4*10
Chin ups 4*10

>B
OHP 4*10
DL 2*8
Rows 4*8

>C
Squats 4*10
Pull ups 4*8
Dips 4*10
>>
>>35408910
Dude just do SS. That program looks like shit.
>>
>>35408945
that statement has zero value if you can't explain why.

I dislike SS because I don't progress very well with low reps (especially for squats) and because when I do squats and DL on the same day the fatigue from one interferes with the other.
>>
>>35409023
>ask for advice
>shit on advice

Its fine for a noob beginner routine, but only because you will make gains by doing literally anything. Just pick a routine and stick to it, don't ask if it's good. Revisit your routine in a month and look in the mirror o see what's lacking
>>
I don't know if anyone here may know, as Google gives conflicting answers, but how many calories is safe to decrease to while breastfeeding? I've heard 1800 is the minimum but others say you can't dip below 2000.
>>
Is there any benefit to "pumping" my worst lift on the alternate workout, to improve endurance? For example doing a lot of reps with a low weight.

I've been on SS for a couple months, and OHP is my weakest lift. I noticed the other day I felt like my warm-up for OHP tired me out quite a bit, but after resting between sets I felt I could have done a higher working weight. Hence I am wondering if building some endurance with this lift would help me progress faster.
>>
Is it bad to stay in the 15-20% bodyfat if I'm specifically concerned with gaining strength?

I'm 15% bf right now but I'm not satisfied at all with my strength. If I lost weight, I'd look good but I'd be fairly skinny. What should I do?
>>
File: shin_splints.09.png (175 KB, 574x465) Image search: [Google]
shin_splints.09.png
175 KB, 574x465
Do I have to worry about shin splints or is it basically something that just kinda goes away and heals quickly?

I have the splints at M in this image. I think it's because my feet pronate with flat feet and it twists that muscle when I run.
>>
File: 1421257740138.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1421257740138.gif
2 MB, 640x360
Any good tuna recipes for something quick and easy?

Is milk good for eating clean while trying to gain muscle weight?

How about peanut butter?
>>
>>35408898
If I wanted a QTDDTOT thread I'd look at your 1 rep maxes.
>>
>>35408910
You have the important lifts and the rep ranges look fine, but you are combining push and pull moves every day. If you don't have at least a day or two between workouts you could be leaving some gains on the table by working in a fatigued state.
>>
Newfag to /fit/, only been here about a month and I'm still unsure about SS.
People say it gives you t-rex legs and stuff but is it really that bad? It seems like some people say its bad but still tell beginners do do SS instead of other routines. Should I do SS or some other routine? Why would it be in the sticky if it isn't that great?
>>
>>35409223
They can get worse until you can't walk. Give the shins a break by changing something (maybe too much volume, too hard of surface, worn out/bad shoes, bad form). Check for heavy wear on inside edge of shoes if you think pronation is the problem.
>>
>>35409294
2 tea/tablespoons of mayo
little bit of lemon juice
1 small can of tuna

The bare minimum is the mayo, otherwise tuna ends up dry as hell. I like to take out the lemon juice and use hot sauce and spice it with some Ms. Dash. Salt, Pepper, and dried garlic/onion are good. You can replace the mayo with egg and put it on the skillet to make patties.

Both are good and very calorie dense just make sure you don't have dairy/peanut allergies. Use whole milk and natural peanut butter if you can.
>>
What can I eat, just moved out with a roomie.
No fridge
I do have microwave and electrical stove.
Preferably as cheap as possible
>Permabulk master race
>>
File: pull_up.gif (634 KB, 300x247) Image search: [Google]
pull_up.gif
634 KB, 300x247
Is there a way to train getting out of a dead hang when doing chins? I currently cant do a single chin when i start in a dead hang, but can do 4-5 when i don't lockout my elbows.
>>
>>35409187
Slow bulk(+200-400 over maintenance) while progressing on SS.

Get to a point where you are happy with your strength before cutting. Trust me attempting to linearly progress on SS while cutting sucks donkey dick.

>>35409223
I struggled with shin splints in the same area as you. Get supports for your shoes. Stretch your calves and shins daily.

Also use the leg press machine to do calf presses.

>>35409294
google "/fit/ tuna patties"
Tuna + rice + siracha
Tuna + lettuce

nigga just eat the tuna from the can with hot sauce
>>
>>35409345
The problem is the t-rex arms and back. It's pretty good but you should throw in some rows and pullups.
>>
>>35409367
Dried beans + rice
Pasta
Bread + peanut butter
Nuts
>>
File: SSisatroll.png (187 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
SSisatroll.png
187 KB, 720x1280
>>35409381
Just get stronger at pullups
Do negatives

>>35409345
Read the book and make up your own mind
Pic related
>>
>>35409180
OHP is everybodys weakest lift. Relax

Switching the rep range won't kill you though. If you'd like to play around, lower the weight and try 3x10 until you stall twice, then try 3x8, 4x6, 5x5, etc
Again, everybody stalls on OHP first
>>
Is there any difference in the "quality" of protein from fast food (let's say a burger) and a lean protein source like turkey or chicken? I know that a burger is going to be loaded with fat, salt, and all sorts of other shit, but is the protein content and effect still the same as far as my body is concerned?
>>
>>35409345
Do the practical programming routine instead of SS if you are worried about t-rex syndrome. After doing SS for 6 months or so add in an additional upper body accessory and take out squatting. T-rex mode isn't going to happen overnight so don't spend too much time worrying about it.

Monday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench press / Press (Alternating)
Chin-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

Wednesday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Press / Bench Press (Alternating)
1x5 Deadlift

Friday
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press / Press (Alternating)
Pull-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

>>35409367
Go on craigslist and find yourself a fridge. I got a full sized one for $120 about 9 months ago.
In the meantime, canned goods will become your best friend.

>>35409483
That all depends on the meat source used by that fast food place. It still counts as "protein" to your body, but some nutrients are stripped out due to processing.

Sounds like someone should do research on your question.
>>
I have two questions.

1. Is high volume training overrated? I find myself doing 30 to 40 sets every lifting session, usually taking 2 hours to complete. I'm about 9 months into lifting and all my lifts have only been going up, usual sticking between 8 - 12 reps. I enjoy lifting the weights so i don't mind the time in the gym, and I don't think I'm showing signs of overtraining. I have came a long way from where I began, should I stick to high volume?

2. Whenever I do a lift that especially requires the forearms (barbell curls, bench, flys etc.) I feel like I have a shin splint sensation in my forearms. The muscle doesn't hurt, but it is more or less the bone. It is kind of a dull pain rather than a sharp one. Has anyone else gin through this and if so how did you fix it?
>>
Is my deadlift form shit, and if so how can I improve it?

https://youtu.be/sBiVdB0Z2Q4
>>
Someone help. I'm going to do GreySkull routine but the base is this

Mon
Bench/press: 2x5, 1x5+
Squat: 2x5, 1x5+

Wed
Bench/Press: 2x5, 1x5+
Dead lift 1x5+

Fri
Bench/press: 2x5, 1x5+
Squat:2x5, 1x5+

Is this enough volume for a complete beginner?
What can I add?
>>
>>35409716
Add rows/chins to every day to not completely ignore back
>>
>>35409483
Protein is protein, but as you said, the other shit may influence how well your body takes it.
>>
>>35409745
Thanks
>>
I read the sticky and it said that muscle definition doesn't have it's own workout. Basically there's no such thing as toning. If so, what influences the definition of your muscles?
>>
>>35409381
Did she died?
>>
Can someone break down progressive overloading as simple as possible?
>>
>>35409716
The guy that wrote Greyskull suggests doing pushups and chips everyday to get more volume in.
>>
>>35409780
Week 1: bench 95lbs for 10 reps

Week 2: bench 100lbs for 10 reps

So on and so forth. Following the same pattern for a your exercises.
>>
>>35409774
Body fat % and muscle size
>>
>>35409794
Ah.
What if you're not able to do the 10 reps with the 100 lbs?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-29-09-05-34.png (180 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-29-09-05-34.png
180 KB, 1080x1920
I know you don't care, but I do.
So I hope someone can answer me this:
How many grams of guarana powder are in a teaspoon?

Also, yesterday I ate a hogh amount of carbs in order to get a high leptin and hormone rebalance.
Has pic related been only an illusion regarding fatloss?
Ir is it just excess water binding to excess carbs?
>>
>>35409810
Week 2: bench 100lbs for 8 reps

And then on your third week try to go for the 10 reps with 100lbs. I just worded that way so that you would get the gist. But in a nutshell progressive overload is basically steadily putting your body in a more difficult load every time you go back in the gym and hit that muscle group.

Either increase the amount of reps or increase weight to increase difficulty of an exercise.
>>
>>35409824
>How many grams of guarana powder are in a teaspoon?
Aprox. 2.6g
>>
What does alternating mean on routines?
Ex: 3x5 Bench press/overheadpress

Does it mean 1 set bench press then 1 set overhead then 1 set bench press again or does it mean 1 week bench press and the next week overhead press or what?
>>
I'm doing coolcicada's PPL with HIIT, PPLxPPLx. I usually do 3x10 for each exercise, but recently I've started adding failure sets after each muscle group (eg 3x10 hammer curls, 3x10+1xF BB curls).

Worth it, or nah?
>>
>>35409905
In reference to the failure sets ofc
>>
Can someone post the pictures with all the body exercises one could do at home?
>>
Im thinking about going to the gym, never been there in my whole life and last sport i did was 2 yrs of rugby up to 15yrs old. Is going to the gym advisable even if I cant do 15 push ups for shit?
Im 19, 160lbs kinda chubby
>>
Stupid question and you know it. Leave your ego outside the gym and go there.
>>
>>35409900
It means you choose one exercise and do the other on another day

>>35409986
Going to the gym is the fastest and best way to gain strength. Do a novice routine like Starting Strength and reap the fast gains.
>>
>>35409678
Lean over more and don't bounce the weight
>>
Do I need to squat if I already front squat and deadlift ? My knees aren't great and squats are shit because of it
>>
>>35410056
Knees weak?
Arms are heavy?
>>
All my friends are home for winter break and they'll call me up spontaneously to hang out and since I haven't seen them since Summer I'm always down to hang

The thing is, that means I'm not going to be working out and we'll probably end up at some restaurant and I'll order something not too healthy.

My question is, should I tell my friends that I can't hang out so I can work out or should I just spend as much time with them before they all go back to college? They're only in town for about two more weeks. And so far I've still been able to lift at least 3 or 4 times a week.
>>
>>35410056
Front squats should be all you need homie
>>35410131
Don't sweat it dude, I assume you're not training for mr olympia. Have fun, your friends are probaby dying to see you, don't sperg out
>>
File: 1449471002828.jpg (249 KB, 613x1362) Image search: [Google]
1449471002828.jpg
249 KB, 613x1362
>>35409294
These are pretty good.
Skim can be good, but not very filling. Go with greek yogurt, carbless milk, or something like almond milk.

Peanut butter is alright, but not very filling.
>>
>>35408898
I'm trying to pick leg exercises
How do I know I'm doing too many different exercises? Is that even a problem? It's all good as long as I can handle finishing the workout or could working the same body part too much in one day fuck with my results?
>>
>>35410036
thought so, its mostly my anxiety looking for excuses not to go.
kind of a stupid question, i sweat a lot and get all red after a lot of physical activity or at least i used to when i did rugby. are there ways to reduce all the sweating and will i eventually stop sweating so much after i get fitter maybe?
>>
>>35409824
Männlein endeckt
>>
>>35410186
Read sticky and stick to a program like greyskull or starting strength. You'll be better off doing that and learning more as you grow.
>>
Is floor press a suitable substitute for DB bench press?

Also are there any substitutes for pullups/chinups? I literally have nothing around to do them on
>>
>>35410194
If you sweat while lifting, just use a sweat towel. If you sweat during cardio, good, it means it's working.

Nobody at the gym is gonna look down at you for fixing your weight. Just get in there and kill it bro, your anxieties will ease as you feel more and more comfortable with the gym environment.

You and the other anon are both right. Stop making excuses. Starting is hard, yes, but it's worth it and you'll understand that the second you finish your first session.

We're all gonna make it brah
>>
Im around 24-25 bf%, what should I do to reach around 15%?
>>
>>35410218
But I tried the sticky programs and I didn't like that they were so short, so I want to add more things
So can you answer me please
>>
Beginner/intermediate lifters are supposed to be able to progress by 2.5-5% every week, right?
How does this apply to dumbbell exercises? If I'm doing dumbbell incline bench with 2*35lb, how long is it supposed to take me to progress to 2*40lb (a 14% increase)?
>>
>>35410239
You don't know what you're talking about kid.
Read more and stop trying to overachieve, you'll hurt yourself.
>>
>>35410233
consume less energy than you use
>>
>>35410233
chop off the excess fat
>>
>>35410251
I know that when I'm doing SS it sucks because it only takes half an hour and I don't like spending less time in the gym that what it takes for me to walk to and from there
But fine, I'll find out elsewhere
>>
>>35410239
Not him but if you're spending at least 45min you should be time.

If you are doing a variant of SS make sure you are actually doing your warm-up sets. Or if you still want to I suggest doing a deload set with a suitable weight for about 8-10 reps at the end of your 3x5.

>>35410248
Don't need to worry about progression on every single one of your lifts tbqh. As long as you are progressing on your big 3 you should be fine. Of course you should increasing your working weight on everything else as you get stronger.

Not sure why you are doing DB Incline though.
>>
>>35410239
If you want more stuff to do try Coolcicada's ppl http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833

You won't be disappointed.
>>
>>35410209
Mache mir keine Sorgen.
Sehe aber den Schabraken zu jung aus, da bleiben mir nur 10 Jahre jüngere zur Auswahl.
Hoffe ich weiß wie man die dressiert.
>>
What the fuck, i need help brehs.. Medic!

I just let out a sneeze, and something snapped in my lower back. Now it hurts a lot all the way from there to my glute and hamstring. What happened? I have a squat workout today.
>>
>>35410276
If you're a beginner looking to build strength, Starting Strength is the best thing for you. Not some variation with 20 accessory sets, Starting Strength TO THE T.

If you want to build aesthetics, I'd still say SS until you hit 1/2/3/4, but if you really cant wait see >>35410282 .

Fucking with the routine in SS isn't going to do anything for you. You wont get strong or aesthetic with it if you push it too far beyond it's original parameters.

"Find out elsewhere" is just slang for "wait until someone agrees with me being retarded". So if thats really how you want to pick your routine, then so be it. Enjoy your nogains
>>
>>35410223
Not really, they have different purposes. Floor press is somewhat a half rep bench press- helps break a plateau/increase your bench; it's a strength movement. DB bench press on the other hand has a bigger ROM and is more of a hypertrophy movement
>>
>>35410248
bump. At what rate should bicep curls progress?
>>
>>35410309
>If you're a beginner looking to build strength
I'm not

>>35410282
I'll check it out thanks mate
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 333x500
How the fuck do people's abs get this fucking big? I thought low body fat was the only real key to getting yuuge abs but there has to be something more going on

Granted this guy looks like he's been lifting 10 years. or on roids. Is it roids?
>>
>>35410332
Genetics.
Then roids and training.
>>
>>35410318
For a beginner size ~= strength. Unlike some anons I don't insist that you need a strength base to do hypertrophy but the gains train from SS is a very good motivator. Also if you are a hungry skeleton you will gain weight (and strength) faster.
>>
I haven't trained for 6 weeks due to an injury.

I had 3 months of my bulk left but now there's only 1.5 to my scheduled cut.

Do I cut when I planned or extend my bulk another 3 months to make up for the time I didn't train?
>>
>>35409775
Yes
>>
Finding it difficult to progress on SL 5x5, on a cut, my TDEE is 3202 calories, currently eating at 2680 calories, for fat loss is 2562 calories according to IIFYM.

I don't feel very strong when benching, I really struggle and I've been stuck at 1pl8 for a while now, I find myself wavering.

I've tried to improve my sleep, I take ZMA, Fish Oil, L-Cartinine, CoQ10, Vjtamin D, I also try and eat to my macros very accurately, minimize fast food, drink plenty of water, fuck, I track my calories, I probably over-estimate rather than under-estimate.

I just don't know what I should be doing to help my lifts.
>>
File: Starting bodyweight.jpg (2 MB, 2481x6600) Image search: [Google]
Starting bodyweight.jpg
2 MB, 2481x6600
>>35409926
Here you go
>>
>>35409905
>>35409918
self bump for responses
>>
>>35410297
>Medic!
Yes. Doctor. See one.
>>
>>35410279
Are you saying I should do barbell incline, or not do incline at all?
>>
>>35408898
Do you really need chalk to pull?

I'm on my 3rd week of SS and I can currently pull 185lbs 1x5. No problems with grip yet but maybe it has something to do with the fact that the oly bar I use can spin.
>>
>>35410408
Chalk helps with grip and not increasing your strength?
>>
Grew close to half an inch recently. I was 5'9.5"-5'9.75" and lately I measure 5'10.25" area. Why??? (I'm 23 and have measured before in the past both morning and end of day height). Late bloomer?
>>
>>35410402
Nah incline is fine. Just read the rest of my post. Just wondering what routine you're on based on the fact that you're doing incline DB.

>>35410408
Absolutely not. And all oly bars spin. Don't know why you're getting it to spin in your hands though. You have very poor grip strength maybe? Or have sweaty hands. Try a mixed grip (alternate it).
>>
>>35410377
I think it's normal to feel fatigued on a cut. You are eating much below what you should be after all.

I don't know how to help you though, maybe try pre workout supps to give you that energy boost?
>>
>>35410426
I lied, sort of, or perhaps I didn't inform you enough.

I'm losing weight, I'm down from 170kg to 145kg, I take pre-workout for the buzz, but also because it makes me sweat, makes me thirsty, etc.

Do you recommend a certain PWO?
>>
>>35410422
Congrats dude! Who cares why.
>>
>>35410415
>>35410425
What I'm asking is that if you need chalk even if the bar doesn't spin in your hands anyway.

Where would the spin come from, anyway? I only experience bar spin when using a normal bar.
>>
>>35410377
Nigga why you taking all that shit? Eat a balanced diet (unless you are poor).

Personally I don't recommend doing a flat 5x5. It's too difficult to increase your lifts because the volume is high. I suggest ramping to 3x5 with a deload set afterwards.
>>
>>35410437

You're right. I just found it odd to grow over half an inch nearing my mid 20's.
>>
>>35410451
I'll say that I take ZMA because it improves my sleep, Fish Oil from Salmon is hard to get, L-Cartinine helps with my energy, CoQ10 is just amazing in general, Vitamin D since I have a A-Typical Mole Syndrome

also I am kinda poor, uni student ;-( Try to get my veges in though, no excuses there
>>
File: 1448295790968-2-pol.jpg (12 KB, 175x255) Image search: [Google]
1448295790968-2-pol.jpg
12 KB, 175x255
This is a serious question:

Semen has a ton of protein. If I cum do I actually lose protein and thus lose gains? Is masturbating bad? What if I eat my cum, do I regain the protein?
>>
>>35410455
How fast did his happen? was it gradual or some growth spurt?
>>
>>35410441
When you keep deadlifting there comes a point where your deadlift is limited by your grip strength- simply the bar falls out of your hands. In order to avoid stalling your deadlift progress you would use chalk, straps or a mixed grip.
>>
the two gyms im interested in joining are 2 and 5 blocks away from my house. Should I just shower there after a workout or shower at my house?
if you had to choose would you rather go by car or walking? distance doesnt matter
>>
>>35410441

Eventually the weight is going to just slip through your fingers if your grip strength is poor, nothing to do with spinning.

Chalk increases the friction by drying out your sweaty palms and therefore will stop it slipping from your palm onto your fingers.
>>
>>35410472
Those protons are not used for gains. Most of them are in acrosome and are used to penetrate zona pellucida / corona radiata around ovum. If you don't masturbate, those spermatozoas die anyway, and whatever you do, 200 millions of them are created every day.
>>
>>35410477
Seemed to happen pretty abruptly. I've measured over the years and I've been the same height since I was 17. This year though I randomly grew a solid half inch+
>>
Bulking and cutting

How long should I cut for? Does 3 months sound good? Same question with bulking. Should bulking periods be longer than cutting?
>>
>>35410499
So is eating it a source of gains?
>>
>>35410332
He's not doing countless bodyweight Ab exercises. He's adding weight. Ex: Weighted crunched, Weighted Planks, Cable Crunches, Weighted Leg Raises , etc.
>>
>>35410520
Bulk until you are 15% bf, cut until you are 10% and repeat. You don't need a high calories surplus when bulking. Most of the people bulk too fast and gain much fat.
>>
>>35410555
Sounds like a good strategy. How much do you go over maintenance when you bulk personally?
>>
>>35410368
bamp
>>
Thoughts on Fierce 5 routine (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631)
>>
File: image.jpg (272 KB, 2124x1359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272 KB, 2124x1359
How do you keep your torso steady on the way up from a lowbar squat? Above 100kgs I find either my back rounds or my hips come up first.

Does it help to squeeze abs hard? I think that helped today but it seems counterintuitive.
>>
What routine would you recommend a girl? Gf wants to go with me. Is it literally just cardio and squats? I guess deadlifts too right?
>>
squats (or legpress the first few times if she find it hard to do a barbell squat properly)
SLDL
BB/DB hip thrusts (or another hip extension isolation if she doesn't like doing that movement)
ab work (make sure she ups the weight too)
alternate some push/pulling movements too for the upper body.
>>
>>35410715
>>35410697
oops
>>
Whats the best SS variant for a 162 lbs weakling baby that cant do a single chinup?
>>
>>35410628
Just so much so I can keep progressing. Start with some guessed value and if you're gaining weight too fast lower the surplus.

>>35410651
Read this >>35410555
I would focus first on getting to the same level as before the injury

>>35410697
Full body but focus on legs for ass gains. Make sure to push her to use more weight and not be lazy and just do the same again and again. Cardio if she likes it but it's not so important if she's not fat.
>>
How long can I leave grilled chicken in the fridge?
>>
>>35410734
Replace chin ups with underhand cable pull-downs. Also see if your gym has a pull up assistance machine.
>>
>>35410771
thanks dude i really wanna go as johnny from the karate kid for halloween
>>
>>35410794
you can also do chin up negatives until you can do sets of 1-3 full ROM. works wonders
>>
>>35410746
until it smells weird
>>
>>35410746
freezer for about 5-6 days
fridge about 2-3 depends on how cold your fridge is
>>
what's the proper way to advance in planks? I'm currently at 10kg, 1 minute x3. Should I up the weight or up the time?
>>
>>35410885
The weight. There are also different planks to progress without weights. See pic related here >>35410382
>>
File: help.png (157 KB, 690x470) Image search: [Google]
help.png
157 KB, 690x470
I think I've posted this twice now but never really got a straight answer, it usually ends up with 2 guys arguing about it (like how it's for people who don't have spotters, or someone else complains how there's a machine for everything nowadays)
My question still remains, is this as good as the plain old bar as far as chest gains are concerned? First let's take the stabilizer muscles out of the equation and only focus on chest.
I am benching 105kg using this and my db incline bench press is at 30kg. I might move to a gym soon where I real bars are available.
>>
File: 1427660733024.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1427660733024.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>35408898
is there a /fit/ chat?
if so link plox
>>
>>35410945
If you also do your db inclince bench you should be fine, barbell bp is great but a bit overrated.
>>
>>35410864
>freezer for about 5-6 days
are you retarded
>>
I am too skinny and weak to be able to lift weights without exhausting myself very quickly.
I also have incredibly poor flexibility and will most likely injure my back severely if I try any exercise like a dead lift or a squat.
For example I cannot touch my toes or bend more than 10-15 degrees with a straight back before my legs tighten up.

Are there any body weight exercises that help build up endurance and some mass? I would like to gain 30lbs to be at a normal weight for my height.
I have to eat more, but this is difficult as I have struggled with an eating disorder on and off for many years.
It would be nice to increase flexibility and try to put on some muscle not just fat.

As it stands now, I look like an Auschwitz survivor and 3 minutes of light cardio kills me.
There is a lot of exercise information online to sift through, sadly most of it is directed at people looking to lose weight.

I've been pushed around my whole life and just sort of accepted being a weak scrawny person. I would like your help to change.
>>
File: 1446128270612.jpg (45 KB, 639x618) Image search: [Google]
1446128270612.jpg
45 KB, 639x618
Should I be taking a multi-vitamin? Any brand recommendation, or are they all the same shit?
>>
Have talked to some girls on tinder who want to hook up but live so far away we must meet at a hotel. And im pretty busy for about 2weeks. And then ill know better when i can.Is it a bad idea to not contact them for about two weeks?
>>
My heels are dry and cracked, even though I stay hydrated (1-2 gallons of water per day).

How can I have smooth soft heels?
>>
What part of the chest should the bar touch when doing Bench Press
>>
>>35411396
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjBLuTwT6mM

Eat more, sleep more, stretch, lift.

GOMAD if you can't eat enough.

Exercise is exhausting you because you are weak. The only way to fix that is to lift.

For mobility try the Agile 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B-3Khbht5s
>>
>>35411396
Do pic related here >>35410382
and eat like a horse. Do light cardio 10-30 minutes a day, then do longer runs as you build up some endurance and your muscles progress
>>
>>35411420
>should
up to you. Many say they are unneccesary.

Personally I think of them as an insurance policy. I take myprotein's alpha men.

>>35411457
Depends who you ask, but I go for right below my nipples.
>>
File: CAM00069.jpg (330 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CAM00069.jpg
330 KB, 2048x1536
Wtf are these? They're in my gym
>>
Do I really need a 36 inch foam roller, or is a shorter one (like 18 inches or maybe a bit more) enough?

I just don't really have a lot of room where I live, and I'm already pretty tight on space.
>>
>>35410131
do some bodyweight training, saves the time to go to the gym. better then nothing
>>
>>35411515
Boards for bench pressing
>>
>>35411532
Why do you need one at all? What's best suited for your routine?
>>
>>35410131
I mean do your workouts really take that long to the point where you can sacrifice a couple of hours a couple times just to go lift?

I don't know what your routine is, but if you are struggling that much, just consider it a "rest week" for all intents and purposes. If you go 5 times a week, maybe just go 3. If you go 3 times a week, go two times.

If you hit a LOT of shit, consider just hitting a couple of your areas at a reduced intensity. Will save you time and leave you with more energy. Just try to get in an out in an hour early in the day or something. I mean two weeks isn't probably gonna matter in the long run, so don't beat yourself up over it too hard.
>>
File: weeaboo.jpg (37 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo.jpg
37 KB, 500x206
>>35411515
>>
File: badger.png (415 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
badger.png
415 KB, 600x450
I started a "cut" 2 months after I got all my noob gains only to realize I have the shittiest insertions on earth. I've been lifting for almost 9 months

>Weird triangle gap between chest
>Seems like someone took a beer out of my barely visible six pack
>Huge thoracic box
>Narrow shoulders
>Wide ass hips
>Short insertio on biceps
>Also a 5'7 Turbomanlet (I will never learn)

Is bearmode (more like badgermode) an option? Suggestions?
>>
>>35411669
are you a naughty badger
>>
>>35411583
So I basically just have some severe muscle tightness that makes a difference in my day-to-day life, and it's something that I really wanted to get a check on so I don't injure myself as I start lifting. (Tight hamstrings, back pain, neck etc)

I do plenty of stretching, but I have a few key areas that are just insanely difficult to stretch and make progress on. (Most notably in parts of my back and hamstring. In the past, I've tried to keep a good balance of static and dynamic movements, but I still was overly struggling) A friend of mine said he suffered from similar problems, and he absolutely swears by foam rolling, so it was something I was looking to work into my routine SLOWLY. (Fully aware how much the pressure can hurt for somebody their first time)
>>
File: badger2.jpg (19 KB, 236x281) Image search: [Google]
badger2.jpg
19 KB, 236x281
>>35411682
HELL YEAH I AM
>>
>>35411734
Then go for it, breh!
>>
does anyone have any tips / advice on overcoming bulimic thoughts /urges for good? or anything that has worked for you in the long run? i'm trying to remember that i want to be healthy and fit but i dont want to 'fall' again
>>
>>35410422
nothing just cool, measure your skull to if the diameter gets bigger it means u have a tumor in your brain that produces growth hormens etc, not deathly btw but can cause srs problems
>>
When can I swap from ICF to a PHUL or PHAT routine? Squatting 3x a week is making my big ass and legs bigger and it looks disproportionate.
>>
File: 20151229_054435.jpg (756 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151229_054435.jpg
756 KB, 1440x1080
Do I have pectus?
Been working out for 4 months, mostly just doing flies and cables for chest. I never had any indentation before lifting as far as I can recall, but now that I put muscle and fat on my chest there's this noticeable sort of crevice. Will this go away once I break dyel or do I have pectus?
5 9 140
>>
>>35411854

Whenever you want to, if you're primarily interested in aestethics, which you obviously are judging from your post.
>>
>>35411862
underage b&
>>
File: 20151229_034153.jpg (631 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151229_034153.jpg
631 KB, 1440x1080
>>35411862
Another pic
>>
Is it a general rule of thumb to take twice as long to lower the weight than it does to raise it? Is this for every exercise?
>>
File: 1451249584204.jpg (902 KB, 1300x1733) Image search: [Google]
1451249584204.jpg
902 KB, 1300x1733
>>35411867
How did you come to that conclusion?
>>
>>35411734
My lower back hurts a lot when I dedlift and I know for a fact my form is shit. Do I drop the exercise or power through?
>>
>>35411866
what do you think I should do, I started 3 months ago and bulked to 77kg 171cm, I was skinnyfat but now I look better. What routine would have more focus on upper body? PPL maybe?
>>
>>35411862

Why are you rolling your shoulders forwards like girls do to show of their boobs?

That makes it look worse than it does, and you'd know if you had an actual diagnosable bone disorder ya dingus

Do your squats and diddys so you have an actual core to match those nice titties.
>>
Does the fact that I cant arch my back way up when I bench mean im doing the exercise wrong?
>>
>>35411884
Drop it. The badger speaks truth!
>>
trying to set a firm quantifiable goal for the new year, the obvious one being 1/2/3/4 with the main lifts

been lazily working out on and off for two years now, hoping a set goal will demand more discipline from me

current stats that i can say with certainty are:
135 for 3x5 ohp
165 for 3x5 bench
225 for 3x5 squat (i got to 2 plates within a month then got scurred for my knees and decided to stop since my thighs were proportionally big for my body... they're proportionate now)
315 for 1x5 dead

is 1/2/3/4 realistic? too easy since i already have one down? if so what's a good time frame?
>>
Considering buying an olympic barbell, this is the cheapest I found online, do you think its decent? It is 220 cm long, can be loaded with 320 kg and weights 19 kg

http://www.amazon.it/toorx-bilanciere-olimpionico-chiusura-bco-320/dp/B00OH9R76U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1450531684&sr=8-4&keywords=bilanciere+olimpico
>>
>>35411888

PPL isn't a routine, it's a split template. But yes if you want aestethics and you arent injecting obscene amounts of greyhound venom into you ass cheeks then a basic PPL or PP split is better.

There's an image with a bunch of routines on that you could pick from but I don't have it.

Only strength routines are lower dominant so you shouldnt worry about picking a routine based on how many curl variations are in it.
>>
>>35411945

That's a pretty disproportionate The Press ya got there bud.

Why do you need a time limit? If anything it'll make you more likely to snap your shit up because you'll be rushing everything, just keep progressing until you hit it which going off your stats will easily be done within a year
>>
>>35411894
Thanks for the reply. So you're saying my chest is normal? I also posted this pic >>35411873
>>
>>35409716
I do it with rows and accessory lifts on Tues, Thurs. Tuesday I do rows, dips. Thurs curls pullups. Rest sat and sun
>>
>>35411988
i know, i started off relatively high with that to begin with and ohp, deads, and rows have been the only major lifts i've done consistently over my inconsistent two years because i'd only need a barbell and space in a crowded gym (also they're too fun for me not to)

i ask because i'm kind of about quantifiable goals in set times right now after looking how disappointing this year was in growth compared to 2014; i just kinda went out there with the general goal of "get better" without a specific thing to aim for
>>
>>35411945
>135 press
>165 bench
How? And yeah you will reach that goal within a year. Don't slack off.
>>
>>35412007

Yes those are just your insertions which are entirely genetic. You just have more of a gap between the middle of your two pecs than some people but not as much as others.

Not everyone looks like the photoshopped Adonis's in your Attitude magazine collection.
>>
What's the skinfold caliper measurement for abs where you start to not look flabby anymore. I'm curently at 17mm and still look pretty fat, wondering if loose skin has something to do with it.
>>
>>35411457
Lower part of sternum.

>>35411911
Are you arching as much as you can? There's many ways to bench. I find I can get the most out of my bench if I arch as much as I can, and keep my ass and feet firmly planted.
>>
>>35412102
Like 10-12 mm if I recall correctly.
>>
File: halp pls.jpg (23 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
halp pls.jpg
23 KB, 500x331
Stupid qstn incoming.
The middle of my back hurts and tingles when squatting. The area is down at my spine near the end of my shoulder blades. Is this bad? Do I need to fix my form? I also have problems with keeping my heel grounded during squats (doing stretches to fix it, but is still messed up). Can that be related? I don't want to damage my back.
>>
>>35412084
If that's the case then presumably it's too early to judge my insertions since the muscles are still quite small. I think I understand now, I'll just have to keep lifting and see how it turns out.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 600x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 600x382
>>35410679
Bumpity - surely /fit/ has plenty of denizens who've run into and overcome squat-mornings?
>>
>>35408898

How do I find a boyfriend who is affectionate and romantic?
>>
>>35412210
You're squatting over 100kg, it's your body telling you you're doing things which are unhealthy for your joints.
>>
>>35412258
Talk to strangers in bookstores (especially the sections you like best yourself - I'll be hanging out in history and general fiction). If that's too forward at least make eye contact and smile, and be forgiving if they bumble the approach a little. Shy readers tend to harbor all kinds of romantic fantasies.
>>
>>35411946
pls respond
>>
>>35410679
not much you can do besides flexing your glutes, the main muscle for extension in the hips is the gluteus maximus. if your glutes are too weak, you wont be able to do a proper low bar squat.

it's the same thing as if you fail on bench, deload and go again
>>
>>35412330
Just steal one from the gym you poorfag nigger
>>
>>35412334
Thanks anon! I'll focus on glutes come Thursday and deload if that doesn't do it.
>>
so basicly. normally i don't have any problems talking to girls. But this girl i know from internship is special. and i don't know how to start a conversation. any tips on what to do. Also how do i avoid if it doesn't work out akwardness at my internship?
>>
File: BP2.jpg (6 KB, 214x235) Image search: [Google]
BP2.jpg
6 KB, 214x235
>>35412210
It just looks fucking ridiculous when guys like this wabble around the gym, no matter how much they lift. Jesus, just take his legs away and we have a new barbapapa.
>>
>>35412258
<3
>>
>>35412405
We neither mock recovering fatties nor musclefats here. Shoo.
>>
How can you tell if you've been affected by mouth breathing or not?

I feel like I have a long narrow face, but I'm 19 now. And I don't know if there's very much I can do about it.
>>
>tfw buttwink

am i doomed to never break parallel while squatting?

i've read it can be a matter of hamstring flexibility so i'm searching for stretching routines to improve that.

is there anything else i can do to get rid of the buttwink?
>>
Is a fortnight's rest enough for a back sprain? I feel it twinge and want to resume training but am worried about me damaging it again. Also concerned about my gains given I took a rest week at the start of the month
>>
do you jump when you do power cleans?

or is the momentum enough for you to move the barbell onto your shoulders
>>
>>35412569

You jump
>>
>>35412569
If you aren't jumping you aren't doing it right or you aren't doing enough weight.
>>
>>35412474
post pic, m8. We can't deduce from nothing
>>
>>35412328

Hardly any bookstores exist anymore. I tend to go to charity shops to buy second hand books and they're mostly full of old people. It's all I can afford too. Sometimes I go to libraries though.

>>35412408

T-Trickster?
>>
>>35412630
>T-Trickster?
Well you showed yourself now, didn't you naughty. Bb, we can't highjack the qtddtot. That would be very naughty indeed ;)
>>
File: 1401248997906.jpg (122 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1401248997906.jpg
122 KB, 640x480
Is having inclined bench press and lateral raises worth having as accessory, or should i just have tricep and bicep lifts?
>>
>>35411947
Coolcicada's PPL looks good, I should start that after I finish cutting.
>>
>>35412763
Nice pic, dude
>>
Sometimes my farts are (to me) without smell. Sometimes even to me are they fucking deadly. I've lost the ability to fart even among my friends who don't mind eachother farting, simply because as they have said "yours smell so bad it's not even funny".

My diet primarily consists of milk, oats, rice, chicken, pasta, coffee and the occasional serving of broccoli.

I don't understand, these aren't foods that should give me ebola-tier gas according to my knowledge. Should I get myself checked? It's been like this for about a year.
>>
>>35412763
You are ruining your life, bro
>>
>>35412763
Inclined bench press is not an accessory
>>
File: 1410750931632.jpg (397 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1410750931632.jpg
397 KB, 1920x1200
How do I stop thinking about her brehs?
>>
>>35412716

I knew it was you, silly little trickster boy. And I know. I better go work on my essay again, ugh.

>>35412827

Get a bf instead.
>>
File: 1407056456930.jpg (283 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
1407056456930.jpg
283 KB, 1200x1800
>>35412831
Where do I find an effeminate fuccboi that I'm not 100% sure is male but actually is male then?

Breh
>>
>>35412827
It's been four years and while it doesn't bother me in any way I somehow always end up thinking about her every day.

Every day for four years.
>>
>>35412867
>>35412867
grow up you fucking pussy
>>
>>35412852

Most likely on /fit/, /lgbt/, /fa/, or /b/.
>>
>>35412877
Can't help it. I feel nothing in any way thinking about her. But somehow she just pops in my in head at some point throughout the day. Not sure how I stop this.
>>
>>35412831
>And I know. I better go work on my essay again.
Don't see it as an obligations,. bb. It's just a challenge to overcome. When you're done, you're done.
>>
Best workout to get rid of man boobs?
>>
>>35412949
diet and/or surgery
>>
>>35412949
If fat - fat loss through exercise and dieting. The exercise doesn't necessarily matter.

If gyno - fat loss helps but otherwise it's surgery if you can't live with it.
>>
>>35412949
spot reduction, do bench presses and barbell curls
>>
>>35412977
I didn't know /fit/ had become this shit
>>
>>35412960
Nigger I'm not having surgery it's just because I'm fat. I have been dieting for a couple weeks though which is first time in my life (20). Was jw if there was anything with weights I could do
>>
>>35412931

Ugh, but there's another 'challenge' after it. I just want to curl up in bed and be all cosy and comfy. I'll do what I can.
>>
>>35412975
Yeah its just straight up fat
>>
>>35413007
Just do presses man, the fat will turn into muscle if you do enough reps, try 6x20 3 times a week
>>
>>35413037
What weight? My max was 250 when I was 16 but I'm 20 now and haven't benched in forever. Should I try 100?
>>
>>35413068
Bodyweight
>>
>>35413013
Fight through it, naughty. You can cuddle with me after all the chaos ;)
>>
>>35413037
>>35413068
Don't listen to that guy he's literally just fucking with you right now. "fat will turn to muscle" is literally just a joke. Don't fall for this.
>>
>>35413068
>inb4 roasted for saying 100. I'm just now getting into cardio. Have no need for lifting for bulk as I just want to get toned
>>
>>35413094
It literally is man, it literally is, but what if I literally do enough squats will I literally get the booty I want, that I literally deserve? How do I know who to trust?
>>
>>35413094
So just keep up the cardio and dieting? I do some curls and bench presses just to add to my routine to get more activity
>>
>>35413125
Do the cardio and presses for maximized reduction
>>
>>35413135
Okay thanks man
>>
>>35413090

Sounds like a good plan trickster.

Hasta luego chico.
>>
>>35412997
This
>>
Is this good? 1 months lifting

PULL

Deadlifts 1x5+/Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+ (alternate, so if you did deadlifts on Monday, you would do rows on Thursday, and so on)

3x8-12 Pulldowns OR Pullups OR chinups

3x8-12 seated cable rows OR chest supported rows

5x15-20 face pulls

4x8-12 hammer curls

4x8-12 dumbbell curls

PUSH

4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press (alternate in the same fashion as the rows and deadlifts)

3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press (do the opposite movement: if you bench pressed first, overhead press here)

3x8-12 incline dumbbell press

3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

LEGS

2x5, 1x5+ squat

3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift

3x8-12 leg press

3x8-12 leg curls

5x8-12 calf raises

PPL-Rest-PPL
>>
What's wrong with eating takeaway regularly whilst bulking?

>It's not good for you
How?
>It's got a lot of calories in it
But I'm bulking

Someone tell me.
>>
brehs, whats the difference in muscle use in oh press and behind the neck press? should u do both?
>>
>>35413526
Nothing. Also takeaway is a sort of gastronomy business, it does not say anything about food. Do you mean salad takeaways?
>>
>>35413614
Should have said fast food. I generally just call it takeaway - McDonald's, KFC, Burger King, stuff like that.
>>
>>35413720
They have shitty macros. I guess it's ok for dirty bulking
>>
>>35413720
Stop eating that crap
>>
>>35413772
What do you mean by shitty macros?

>>35413784
Useless response if you're not gonna expand on that.
>>
>>35413556
Assuming you're talking about barbell, OHP puts more emphasis on the anterior deltoid, BTN press hits the lateral deltoid harder.

BTN press also puts your shoulders in a less advantageous position, and can cause impingements if you don't have the flexibility to do it properly and/or go too heavy.

>>35413526
Depends on the takeaway. As long as it isn't the only thing you're eating, it's probably fine.
>>
>>35413856
What is there you don't understand? Bad ratio of carbs/protein/fats, high amount of sodium, etc.
>>
>>35413856
>Useless response if you're not gonna expand on that.
What you eat should benefit your body. If you need cals, choose cals that will benefit you, your energy levels, your micros. Bad diet affects your looks, and how hard you can push your boundaries during work out.
>>
If you don't get DOMS was the workout useless?
>>
>>35413942
No after some time you don't get DOMS anymore
>>
>>35413966
but i just started working out haha
>>
when exactly after workout should protein be taken?
does it matter?
>>
>>35413913
People say steer clear of fast food so there must be one single thing common to all fast food that makes it unhealthy. Is it predominately the high fat?

>>35413922
>What you eat should benefit your body.
I don't think you understood my initial question. I'm asking WHY it doesn't benefit my body. What exactly makes fast food bad?
>>
>>35413981
Around one month, after that no DOMS
>>
>>35413994
>I don't think you understood my initial question. I'm asking WHY it doesn't benefit my body. What exactly makes fast food bad?
High fat (trans fats), low protein, High processed carbs, no micro nutrients. Messes with your blood sugar, blood pressure, and hormone levels. Bad in every sense you can define food in, basically.
>>
I do about 4 min planks.
A girl suggested I switch to reps with less time?
Should I?
>>
>>35414051
Grils be gain goblins
>>
>>35414020
Thank you. Couple more things:

What's the big deal about trans fats?

A lot of the time when I put a fast food meal (meat ones of course) into MyFitnessPal, the protein amount is sky high. Seems to go against the "low protein" bit in your reply.
>>
>>35414097
>A lot of the time when I put a fast food meal (meat ones of course) into MyFitnessPal, the protein amount is sky high. Seems to go against the "low protein" bit in your reply.
Big difference between a burger from McD and a proper burger patty, anon. In essence a normal meal consisting of 'insert dish name' can be healthy but fast food joints use low quality food stuffs and adds an immense amount of extra fats and sodium to everything because if appeals to people's taste buds.
>>
Why ain't 1 plate 25kg?
>>
>>35414097
An trans fats is the one fat that nobody can rebute has a direct cause to serious heart problems and cardiovaskular damage.
>>
>>35414087
Not even low reps?
>>
File: viper.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
can't stop eating. ex fatty, lost over 100lbs but the last few weeks have been a despicable circus of consumption. Luckily it hasn't been much junk food or desserts, just a ton of normal food but its still too much. Everyone around me keeps saying i'm too scrawny now and it'll be good for me but they don't understand that my body is still mostly comprised of fat even though I look skinny

I dont really have a question because it's my fault in the end anyway, i just wanted to vent
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.