[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any real reason for a guy to work glutes into his routine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: 1451340792404.jpg (130 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1451340792404.jpg
130 KB, 960x960
Is there any real reason for a guy to work glutes into his routine?
>>
I'll work your glutes for you (no homo)
>>
>>35407984
To have an aesthetically pleasing boy butt :3
>>
girls like asses too
>>
No reason at all, only work biceps and abs
>>
for the sloots
>>
For snapping off cocks u melon
>>
>>35408020

Only work shoulders, back and chest. Huge upper bodies on stick legs is the epitome of the male physique; disregard the Squat Rack Jew and his lies.
>>
>>35407984
They help with sprinting and picking shit up, also makes your pants not look fucking stupid on you.
>>
>>35407984
Supports your spine from snapping in two when you're doing heavy standing barbell work (OHP, bb curls)
If you care about strength they're important for two of the main lifts
Thrusting power when you fuck sloots
>>
>>35407984
The slutes.
>>
File: 1373013783238.jpg (12 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1373013783238.jpg
12 KB, 200x189
>>35407984
>tfw scooby could be posting on fit RIGHT NOW and you wouldnt even know
>>
Rule #5: Train Your Glutes

Along with the deep postural muscles of the core, the glutes are often extremely deficient in strength compared to how strong they could potentially become. The glutes should be the strongest and most muscular part of the human body; however, they are often neglected in many modern training routines (which is mind boggling because they are truly essential for unleashing serious athletic power, maintaining healthy posture, and preventing lower back pain). Train your glutes—they work in synergy with so many muscles of the midsection, and I would go so far as saying that they are in fact part of your core.

http://www.elitefts.com/education/training/seven-rules-of-highly-effective-core-training/
>>
>>35407984
Hey scoobs does have legs!
>>
I'm doing chest/tris & back/bis ABABAB until I can bench 2pl8 for 5x5. Then I'll start working legs again. I'm at 180 now. Should be a month or two more.
>>
is biggest muscel
>>
>>35408866
where are the rest days you retard
>>
>>35408866
>a month or 2 more
Kek unless you're /fraud/ you're looking at like 6 months, but you'll fuck up your tendons long before that
>>
If you care about athletics, they move your fucking legs. So you can run, jump, pick shit up.

If you just like lifting for size/strength, they're potentially one of the biggest, strongest groups of muscles.

The above two points suggest a role in injury prevention. They can help stabilize the hip.

And, finally, for the sloots. Girls generally like asses. Some girls love man butt. Some guys like man butt.
>>
>>35408874
Those are implied. Just whenever I feel like I need it once or twice a week.
>>35408900
Training chest 3 times a week, I'm adding 5 lbs per week. I think 2 months is a fair estimate at this rate.
>>
>>35407984
>be at party
>drunk girl grabs my ass
>is now my gf of almost a year
Your man ass could be the foot in the door that you need.
>>
File: pls stay.jpg (35 KB, 700x445) Image search: [Google]
pls stay.jpg
35 KB, 700x445
>>35408451
Of course he is.

Scoobs pls stay
>>
>>35407984
Squats works glutes more then enough.

Don't believe all the bullshit memes every woman over 18 loves strong legs and ass
>>
>>35407984
Chicks dig the manbooty.
>>
>>35407984
gloots for the sloots
>>
File: 1451120940908.png (298 KB, 588x697) Image search: [Google]
1451120940908.png
298 KB, 588x697
>>35407998
Post your aesthetically pleasing boy butt. Now.
>>
>>35407984

>Is there any real reason for a guy to work glutes into his routine?

Absolutely. Glutes have the potential to become one of the strongest muscles in the human body. Without them, you can't run fast, you can't kick hard, you can't jump ect. So athletically, they serve an important role.

But outside of athletics why would you want to train glutes? Well as mentioned before they have the potential to become one of the strongest muscles on the human body. Stronger glutes means a stronger squat, a stronger deadlift; and injury prevention as glutes stabilize the spinal erectors and hips and prevent you from rounding your lower back.

But even if you don't care about either of those things and you only want to train to attract women. Guess what? Women like a nice firm ass on a man just as much as men like a nice firm ass on a woman. In fact, every woman I have ever been with has always complemented me on my butt. So in a sense, training glutes is just as important if not more important then training chest and arms to attract women.
>>
File: 4no4bB8.jpg (135 KB, 700x675) Image search: [Google]
4no4bB8.jpg
135 KB, 700x675
>>35407984

Ride bike
Run
etc.

Never train glutes, have perfect ass

For the vast majority of dudes, who aren't couch-bound lumps of shit, who actually move around under their own power a healthy amount of the time, the Glutes are already optimised and the muscles in the least need of being exercised.

inb4 muh squats muh aesthetic feels
>>
To prevent lower back and hip problems you fool
>>
>>35411453
Cardio kills glutes, bro. You need to train it on top of that shit
>>
>>35407984
Scooby is ripped as fuck niggah, how old is he?
>>
>>35411557

>>
>>35411265
Do you have more of those /fit/ and /fa/ couple pics?
>>
>>35411564
Sheeeeit, mirin hard
>>
>>35411594
post butt and I'll post pic, bb
>>
>>35411598
he is on TRT aka roids,and he is also gay and livin g with another dude,nothing to mire here
>>
>>35411640
I heard he takes very light dosages to maintain, and even then, that's impressive for his age.

Stay mad though
>>
>>35411640
Looking like that at 56, being married to a qt bottom and be well off financially.
I'm still mirin, senpai.
>>
To prevent lower back and hip problems you fool
>>
File: es1.jpg (53 KB, 537x960) Image search: [Google]
es1.jpg
53 KB, 537x960
>>35407984
Squats, deads, and sprints hit glutes enough. No reason to do hip thrusts or any of that girl shit
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.