[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck are "stabilizer muscles"? Sounds like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Farquad_l8.jpg (92 KB, 572x488) Image search: [Google]
Farquad_l8.jpg
92 KB, 572x488
What the fuck are "stabilizer muscles"?

Sounds like something made up to justify stupid and dangerous exercises.
>>
There's no "stabilizer muscles". It refers to a context a muscle is used in. For example, ab wheel rollouts use triceps to stabilize the motion, or in other words they are a secondary muscle. In tricper pushdowns, they're the primary muscle, and other muscles like core is used to stabilize.

It just means that the muscle is the primary one being worked or not; which differs based on context.
>>
>>35406580
this.

the same muscle can be either a prime mover or a stabilizer.

generally when people refer to groups of muscles as "stabilizer muscles" they refer to all the musculature that is too small to do any prime moving.

for example, try benching as much with dumbbells as you can with barbell...

the reason you can't bench as much, is because it relies more heavily on stabilizing muscles, and less on your prime movers.
>>
>>35406564
Smith machine ALPHA detected
>>
File: b8.png (128 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
b8.png
128 KB, 308x308
>>35406564
>>
>>35406625
no you idiot the reason is the dumbells at my gym only go up to 160 lbs and good luck at finding anything heavier then 100 at a commercial gym
>>
File: oly dumbbell.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
oly dumbbell.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
>>35406818
even if you have the availability of weight, you would lack the ability to press it.

also
>my bench is too far over 320lb for dumbbells to be useful
i highly doubt that.

what do you bench?

even if it is about tree fiddy, i highly doubt you could do 320lb dumbbell for the same amount of reps
also, see pic related before you try and claim dumbbells are too light
>>
>>35406625
But if the lift relies more on stabilizer muscles then by your definition they are the prime movers for it and ergo not stabilizers
>>
File: 4L_LmOOvDfm.jpg (142 KB, 554x560) Image search: [Google]
4L_LmOOvDfm.jpg
142 KB, 554x560
>>35408851
>>
>>35406564
Pointdexter just left the goddamn weight
>>
>>35406863
>post about oly dumbbells I got for Christmas
>see them all over /fit/ the past few days

Is there a sudden rush of popularity or have I revealed something new to /fit/?
>>
>>35406564
Muscles involved in a movement that are not the prime movers.
>>
>>35406863
That doesn't even have any weight on it you fucking dyel, I could probably press that shit for 500 reps before I broke a sweat
>>
>>35411777
god damn!!! how much cuck/sissy shit do I have to fap to to get to your test levels anon srs pls no bully #help a nigga out
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.