[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He thinks he will leave humanity behind without augmentations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 459x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 459x612
>He thinks he will leave humanity behind without augmentations
>>
>>35405763
She looks like a retarded dolphin
>>
>>35405763
>>
>mechanical and cybernetic augmentation
Hahaha wow. Sure thing kid.

gene splicing and psychic training master race.

Gayborgs need not apply
>>
File: 1448169356116.jpg (74 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
1448169356116.jpg
74 KB, 800x534
>tfw no qt cyborg gf
>>
so, whats her name?
>>
I would give her a third leg if you catch my drift
>>
File: 1440936841848.jpg (11 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1440936841848.jpg
11 KB, 400x400
>>35405881
underrated
>>
>>35405763
Unfortunately super cool robot augmentations will never be better than real life fleshy limbs. I believe they could exist in theory but by the time the technology was developed we'd already be getting better results with drugs, stem-cells, genetic modifications or even nanobots,
>>
>>35406517
I share the same feel.

/fit/, why do missing limbs turn me on?
>>
>>35406594
It's doubtful it's going to be an all or nothing deal. We'll likely have mechanical stuff that's good at some shit and stem cell bio stuff that's good at others. There's a reason why one of the most basic mechanical inventions, the wheel and axle, has never been evolved.
>>
File: time to leave them all behind.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
time to leave them all behind.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>35406594
Ha ha ha bull. It's way easier to build something purposefully designed for efficiency and power rather than the non-directed evolutionary hashwork that is the human body, if for no other reason than that less complexity means you have to deal with less potential drawbacks or overreactions. True, you'll also get less flexibility, and the best idea is always to try to integrate the two, but however you imagine it... that's probably not how it'll be done IRL.

The real problem with enhancement is, as usual with idiot humans, going to be about mostly legal issues caused by fear, paranoia and emotional derpshit surrounding ideas of equity. Basically the only people who will be strong enough to leave humanity behind in the flesh will be those who are already smart enough to have left humanity behind mentally. Can't very well preach humanism and humanocentrism and moralism while at the same time turning yourself into a T-800 bit by bit without looking like a hypocrite...
>>
>tfw studing chem engineering
>get sent to seminars about various research topics
>one of them involved artificial muscles

Holy shit that whole conference was mindblowing, Deus Ex is literally here already
>>
>>35405763
why buy two trainers? save half the money and just by one
>>
>>35406831
>
because you want to look after some one
and you imagin the missing limb makes them in need of care
>>
>>35405763
>implying I'll need thrusters to fly
>implying I can't just spread my lats and glide
>>
>>35407239
flatlander woman
>>
>>35407328
But how does the idea of helping someone make my dick hard?
I don't even help people who walk with canes pick things up for the most part, because they don't want any pity.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.