[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>first day at new gym >cheaper, working class gym, left
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1427738476117.jpg (5 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1427738476117.jpg
5 KB, 250x250
>first day at new gym
>cheaper, working class gym, left old gym because staff was autistic
>equipment is wobbly and old, smallest plates weigh 2.5 kg/ 5.5 lbs
>doing the leg press
>chad asks me how many sets I have left
>there's another leg press machine literally beside me, but tell him still two sets to go.
>five minutes later he asks me if I have one left now
>look at him with impatience and say yes
>he and his mate start piling up plates beside the machine then ask me to do one set while I was resting
>knew they would load up the machine and then maybe they wouldn't help me unload
>me: "dude, I only have one left"
>guy:"you're taking like ten minutes to do one set. We all want to use the machine"
>me: "there's one free right there".

Did I caused this by answering his questions with annoyance? I personally think that he was rude and childish, but maybe it's partly my fault for not wanting to share the machine. I just hate loading and deloading plates instead of resting.

What can I do to avoid situations like this in the future?
>>
File: 1451171875890.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1451171875890.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
Fuck em. Do what you want
>>
>>35401226
You should have told him to use the machine next to you from the start but politely.

And do share machines, you are all equal at the gym.
>>
>>35401226
You should ask yourself why you are doubt about a thing you have done, because i believe this is more important

The guys were simply rude but btw i do not understand why they havent used other leg press, strange
>>
>>35401367
I have asked myself the same question, and maybe that one doesn't work or isn't as smooth as the one I was using.

>>35401351
yeah, I'll start sharing, but I'll also start going to the gym earlier to reduce the chances of anybody asking.
>>
>>35401226
You probably should have let them work in. I have a policy that if anyone wants to work in with me they can (I only have one rack at my gym and I normally take ~30min doing squats so don't want to hog it completely)
But had I been in your position I would have politely asked if they didn't want to use the free machine next to me.
>>
>>35401226
I don't get it. Did they not see the free leg press? What did they do/say when you pointed it out?
>>
>>35401419
I don't get it either. Maybe the machine was damaged or something. He didn't say anything when I said that, so who knows what was going through his little head
>>
>>35401474
Well what did he respond when you told him the free one was there? Did he just look at you? Did he use it? Did he do a fucking tap dance?
Details, man
>>
>>35401474

maybe they wanted to do legs together and beat each other's time
>>
>>35401520
he remained silent and stared into space. When I was leaving, he just looked down and started to load plates on the machine. I'll use the other leg press on Wednesday and see if there's something wrong with it
>>
>>35401226
why do you take so long in between sets?
>>
>>35401660
>he doesn't lift heavy
>>
>>35401660
8 minutes for two sets of compound leg exercises is more than ok.
>>
>>35401689
i think you can bring it down to 4, mate
>>
>>35401660
I take as much rest as I need and want.
>>
>>35401717
then I wouldn't be refreshed enough to do all the exerises in the set with proper form
>>
>>35401756
You take longer rests than most professional powerlifters.
>>
>>35401756
I remember my first day at the gym
>>
>>35401774
>>35401778
4 minutes is too long a rest? That's too bad because my legs take that long to recover
>>
>>35401351
this.He seems like a faggot op but be more assertive.
>>
>>35401741
This
>>35401774
>>35401778
Post stats
>>
>>35401801
ATP is almost fully replenished after 3 minutes. Also if you are pushing yourself to the limit on leg pressyou aren't squatting or deadlifting eough
>>
>>35401801
You should probably lower the weight until you can actually handle the exercise you are trying to perform
>>
>>35401831
I didn't know this, thanks. I'll try to lower my rests to 3 minutes.

>>35401835
> you are trying to perform
*that I do perform.

I don't know man, Rippetoe says you can take as much as 5-10 minutes of rest between sets of exercises that train big muscles such as those of the back and legs and 3-5 minutes for the smaller muscles

I'll try to lower it to 3 minutes because I googled what >>35401831 said and it seems legit
>>
>>35401416
30 minutes for just squats??!
holy shit i could do like 15 sets in that amount of time
how many exercises/sets do you do?
>>
>>35401988
>Rippetoe says
Well if Rippetoe says it! He's fuckin shredded m8! Rippetoe was a strength competitor. You aren't. You're leg pressing lmao5pl8 and being a dick hogging the machine for 10 minutes to do 2 sets.
>>
>>35401988

these are the people looking like shit after SS

>5-10 minutes rest

have fun never building mass
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.