[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't get myself to exercise at all. Even the thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 1450649466153.jpg (10 KB, 213x281) Image search: [Google]
1450649466153.jpg
10 KB, 213x281
I can't get myself to exercise at all. Even the thought of exercising makes me cringe. I don't know why, I have zero willpower. It's nasty as fuck, painful, and feels like I'm being torn to shreds. I remember being motivated by girls but I realized being fit isn't necessary for getting laid. So I have no idea what strategy to use.

>JUST DO IT YOU LAZY FUCK etc.
If you're this retarded please don't bother to post.
>>
>>35400806
By even posting this clearly you WANT to exercise. It's a mental thing. If you genuinely 'couldn't get yourself to exercise' then you wouldn't be on fit asking for help.
>>
Then don't.

What's the problem? If you don't want to do it then don't do it.
>>
JUST DO IT YOU FAGGOT.

No really, just do it. And if you really can't (and you can, you're just making excuses like a beta cuck), see a god damn psychiatrist, because you're absolutely fucked if you can't will yourself to do the most basic of things.
>>
>>35400819
Most people can't will themselves to exercise regularly.
>>
Why the fuck are you even on this board? You NYR fags are the worst.
>>
File: 1449457377245.jpg (49 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1449457377245.jpg
49 KB, 460x276
>>35400813
But I really can't. I want to, but I don't give enough of a fuck for some reason, even though I'm aware of all the benefits.
>>
>>35400806
Dude you're a fucking pussy. Plain and simple, afraid to get your hands dirty and afraid of failure; which means you'll never succeed. Enjoy 2016 continuing your life of fat fuckness. You're pathetic.
>>
>>35400890
I already know I'm a pussy, doesn't help me at all.
>>
>>35400914
>implying I care about helping you

Help yourself moron. See these threads a dime a dozen but this one is even wors because you're just a blatant lazy pussy. You'll never make it.
>>
File: vlad.png (438 KB, 680x462) Image search: [Google]
vlad.png
438 KB, 680x462
>>35400885
> "I want to, but I don't give enough of a fuck"
>>
The more you exercise, the more it becomes an ingrained habit, and the easier it becomes for your brain to to maintain that level of activity on a consistent basis. The same is true for being a lazy shit. By rationalizing your lack of activity today, you've strengthened your brain's ability to do the same tomorrow.
>>
>>35400885

I don't think your inclinations are much different from anyone else.

I'm just as lazy, but there is something more powerful than laziness.

Its called 'Habit'.

To cultivate it, you just mindlessly do something over and over again until it becomes something your mind and body prepares for automatically. For me, it was just doing something active. Biking (with some kind of addictive reward at the end like coffee) worked for me. Do it enough consecutive days in a row, and it becomes habit. Your brain becomes addicted to the new normal of being physically stimulated. This is the reward in and of itself, forget girls, aesthetics, all that BS.

I did jack shit yesterday (a bit depressed). But it doesn't matter. Today I will run several miles, maybe. Or tomorrow do some bodywieght, smoke weed, and go for a walk.

Another thing is a friend of mine died recently. He didn't have any physical habits. I can't say it didn't have anything to do with his cancer. He didn't have a "inside-out" approach to health. I have to say I do. If you are not pushing your body up that entropy slope you are losing ground every day. Things want to kill you.

Another thing is I was critically injured in my life and spent 4 months flat on my back, several times injured in a way that made me have to learn to walk again. I know you really don't know what the value of the simple shit like being able to walk is like. If being able to walk is amazing and priceless, running is pure privilege. These are not gifts to be wasted, but to be cultivated. One day, sooner than you think, your body will be failing and you will not be able to walk to the bathroom, let alone control your anus shitting all over yourself. Your health is an amazing thing, you can neglect it all you want, but it is like having a Ferarri and never taking it over 30mph. And it does not feel good to not use it. Having a well used body is in every way a total pleasure.
>>
File: 1439659518671.jpg (102 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1439659518671.jpg
102 KB, 612x612
I have a similar problem, but I'm ok because I know my motivation will pick up after a few minutes of exercise.
Just gotta throw yourself at it, man.
There's no trick to it, mostly.
Music helps me a lot, though, not sure I could exercise without some asskicking EBM/Aggrotech.
>>
Search for another hobby, I had the same thing with kickboxing, 50% of the things there were fun but I had 0 motivation to go there, it just wasn't the right thing for me. Just try out some sports related stuff.
>>
>>35400964
False, science is proven the fact.
There is finite amount of willpower, active lifestyles deplete willpower which lowers test. Most "gains" are inflamed muscle anyway.
Sedentary lifestyle with simple supplimentation is proven science fact for higher test AND more willpower. Of course he doesnt want to work out, the body avoids it. Only low test men work out
>>
So what do you want from us then?

>>35401019
Now this is shitposting
>>
>>35400806
I was like you, heck I was probably worse.
I was a 14 year old who drank beer and used tobacco (snus). I could not care less about school and other things. I did what I wanted - I'd destroy shit for fun. I had always been that kid who never acomplished anything in class, I always thought I was stupid. I was tested for ADHD, dyslexia and lots of other shit. I have no disorder. Its all about attitude. I was lazy.

My dad who almost fell into the same path, because of his alcoholic parents realized where I was headed and slapped me across my face, screamed at me. Got me to stop fucking around, progressively. Helped me study, got me on extra math classes. (Actually helped me, even though I hated it at first..)
I could barely see any progress. But you know what? I kept going, I knew it couldnt been to waste. Hard work never goes to waste, you live you learn.

I'm now 18, lifting for soon over a year. Working out for over two. My math grade went from E to a B. Last year I got all B's in all my classes.

I didnt tell anyone, due to living in a small town. I knew they knew. The respect people give you when they see what you did to improve your life and ran past them as well is fucking glorious.

I was a fucking loser, now I'm whatever I want to be. As long as you want it more than you want to sleep, relax and have fun at a party with people that dont fucking matter to anybody - you can achieve it all.

I was stupid, weak and a dyel.
Just start lifting, because I cant re-call any workout I regret doing. Any study time I regret reading for a test..

Now fuck off and go to the gym!
Come at me brah, I'll do whatever it takes to be the best.
>>
File: 1439593474743.jpg (118 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1439593474743.jpg
118 KB, 800x800
>>35401019
Your mind is often like a muscle.
The harder you use it, the better it gets.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.