[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a McDonalds cook anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 7
File: malk.jpg (248 KB, 792x602) Image search: [Google]
malk.jpg
248 KB, 792x602
This is a board for fitness, which includes diet, so I figured I'd go for one of these.
I'm part of one of the main reasons toward obesity.
I work for McDonalds.

I make everything from the Create Your Taste range burgers to the classic cheeseburger.
I grill the patties, I fry the chicken, I assemble the burgers, and everything inbetween.

ITT: ask me anything about what you eat when you go there

(australian, product may vary slightly)
pic related
>>
>>35398073
Why did you burn my burger this morning Jaedyn?
>>
>>35398073
Why do you assholes give people the wrong order all the time?
Why is the shake machine always "broken"?
>>
>>35398091
Because you're a kike, Steve.

In all seriousness, the burger patties often come up from the grill half cooked, then because they sit in the warmer for around 10-15 minutes before being served on average, they're fully cooked by then.
The grills are designed not to finish the cooking(aside from the grilled chicken), just to kick it off.
We usually have 2-4 trays of cheeseburger meat (10:1, 10 patties to 1 pound of meat) at a time, so we progressively go through them.

If we run out entirely, we need to either flip the patties a few times or put the grill down again for another few seconds before serving, or else the middle is raw.
>>
>>35398073
Get a real job you fucking bogan.
>>
how often do you tamper with the food?
>>
>>35398103
studying rn

>>35398098
it literally just breaks.
The machinery is used every single day all day.
Mcdonalds stores outside of malls very rarely close of a night.
Sometimes we run out of shake/sundae mix too if the orders are done poorly.
In the case of the frozen coke etc, it's very common to have it break down and just stop working properly because of overuse.
When it stops functioning it takes far longer to turn it from syrup and soda water into actual frozen coke, or it just refuses to do it at all and you get this half frozen gunk come out.

We try to do the right orders and I assure you that the kitchen crew VERY rarely miss an order, but the front crew(completely seperately trained) have to place everything into its correct bag with right chips and right drink, so it gets confusing.
Keep in mind they do this for drive through as well as counter customers, and now kiosk ones so we can't even control the flow to make it easier(Muh maximized profits)
there can be anywhere from 1 to 18(at times) orders on the screen and if youre just bad at prioritizing and have poor organizational skills, you fail hard when putting together orders.

Come back to the store and get angry and all your food will be made to 100% perfection, if a complaint comes back we literally put more effort in to make it perfect to standard and sometimes will do stuff like putting more than one piece of bacon, or more sauce to stop you complaining to head office.
>>
>>35398131
we do retarded things that wouldnt make you angry unless youre a sperge

"extra pickles" comes through?
He must want 15.

Extra sauce? he must want to have it overflowing

Dumb stuff like that
other than that its near impossible.
We get lazy and leave out ingredients if we're busy(like mustard, its so rare we can be bothered picking up both sauce guns for a cheeseburger etc), but other than that we dont have the time or fucks to give to actually make stuff bad
we also REALLY dont want to get shitkicked by managers or complained about by head office
>>
>>35398140
so if I want an extra piece of bacon for free, I should make up a flaw in my order and bitch about it and have my old order thrown away and a new one made, okay thanks
>>
>>35398073
I work at McDonalds too.

How's your restaurant?
>>
How are the impending unmanned kiosks gonna affect you guys?
>>
>>35398162
Im not lying when I say

>>>yeah pretty much

But its not guaranteed.
If you complain they WILL make your order perfect though, absolutely flawless and with generous sauces.
A usual complaint is a lack of sauce etc when in reality thats how much we're supposed to put on.

More sauce hides other imperfections too.

>>35398182
Its busy almost every day.
I work outside a major shopping mall in Melbourne.

Almost every day we get hammered at lunch and dinner times.

>>35398188
Impending? we've had them for months.
People order Create Your Taste there.

Theyre irritating because we cant just stop serving people to get on track.
But its helpful in some ways because it means people working out front can focus on putting together orders and such rather than taking your order.

its also way more convenient to go to a kiosk and pay there.
Fuck lines.
>>
Which meal do you consider most unhealthy?
>>
>>35398201
The create your taste burgers when they have no salads and a brioche bun.

On the normal range, probably cheeseburger

All the beef is EXTREMELY greasy. its got far too much fat to justify the protein and the bread has so many empty carbs.
If you want the beef, things like a double quarter pounder are better sheerly because youre having more protien intake, its still bad though.
the grilled chicken is surprisingly healthy too
its got a bit of butter when it goes down on the grill but other than that theyre just frozen slices of chicken breast.
>>
A side note.
Not many of you guys know that McDonalds and other fast food restaurants(I worked at KFC for a few months) are CONSTANTLY competing with eachother, especially on speed of service.
Here is a photo of the screen in the kitchen showing what ranking the stores around the state are in terms of customer service times.
>>
>>35398149
speaking of pickles

does ANYONE actually like that shit on their burgers
>>
>>35398228

I do. The onions too.
>>
>>35398229
you're more monster than man
>>
Which race gives you the most shit?

Abos? Lebs? Oz-niggers? Pajeets?
>>
>>35398073
Any horror stories?Or any stories in general?
>>
>>35398228
i like pickles but one of the most common grill slips we get is "no (pickles/onions/both)"

>>35398229
the 10:1 onions(stuff for a cheeseburger and varients, double beef and bacon, etc) is reconstituted from packets.
We rip open a packet, fill a tub with water thats designed for it, pour in the packet, then wait for them for a while and use them.
theyre made fresh like 3 times a day.

The bigger onions are just sliced up and packaged, refrigerated then brought to us.

>>35398233
depends where you are.
In Melbourne our biggest fucking hatred goes toward fobs (islanders) that come in and get 40 mcchickens thatre coated in chicken sauce(mayo)

i wish I was joking when I say 40

For some reason fobs love chicken and also love mayo and get fucktonnes of burgers for no reason

Arabs are also annoying sometimes
theyre pretty often doing big orders too

We had 25 filet o fish burgers go out to two arabs today.

>taza put down more fish
>why we have enough
>you said you made 7
>yeh
>i made 12
>yeh
>we need 25
>so?
>TAZA 12 PLUS 7 IS NOT 25

Fucking so sick of retarded colleagues.
>>
>>35398238
>12am
>maybe later
>standing around chatting to my bro tier manager
>Just me and a few others instore at that time
>angry leb comes in
>"WHAT THE FUCK BRO WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS"
>bro manager rolls eyes hard
>"whats the matter sir"
>LOOK AT THIS! SMELL IT GO ON SMELL IT
>TOUCH IT
>he was holding out a filet o fish burger, literally the most disgusting burger as it is
>filet sits in the warmer almost all day because noone orders it and we cant be bothered putting down more
>dont order filet

>he touches the burger and smells it
>visible discomfort
>"THIS LOOKS AND SMELLS LIKE A TWO DOLLAR HOOKERS PUSSY WHAT THE FUCK"
>manager literally working to hold back his laughter
>have to make him new filet with fresh filet, takes like 7 minutes to cook so hes even angrier when he leaves

shit like this happens really often
or like a drunk guy will walk in all like

>haayy I ordered the uhhh the nugget meal
>sir do you have the receipt?
>nah i dropped it somewhere
>we're not giving you free food sir

Literally every day, especially overnight
>>
>>35398211

grilled chicken is GOAT too. Grilled chicken bacon deluxe is my go to.
>>
Shitty thankless job that every retard who has never worked thinks is easy but would have a freak out on their first day if they had to put up with the bullshit it entails for even an hour.

It's even worse at burger king. Burger King cooks have to wrap EVERYTHING. They don't use boxes for any of their burgers and the kitchen layout is shittier and less hi-tech than your standard McDonalds.
>>
>>35398275
probably one of the best burgers on the menu in my opinion, theyre pretty wellrounded in terms of macros and taste fucking amazing

>dont worry fit you can eat bread just this once.

>>35398278
Yeah its horrible working in fast food but GOOD GOD am i glad about the flexible hours and decent pay
Only job thats so accomidating to uni students is fast food.

>we call burger king Hungry Jacks here because some dude in Adelaide had a joint called burger king and he won the lawsuit.
>https://www.hungryjacks.com.au
>>
Morning shifts can be nice except when people don't turn up.
>>
>>35398073
How are the eggs done? do they come in egg shells?
>>
>>35398140
That sounds right insane.
>>
File: projecthero-05_Hungry_Jacks.jpg (2 MB, 3300x2288) Image search: [Google]
projecthero-05_Hungry_Jacks.jpg
2 MB, 3300x2288
>>35398290
>pic related

>>35398292
I dont know, I like doing nothing for money.

>>35398293
The eggs come in a medium sized box, if you held out your arms it'd fit neatly on your chest.
Theyre around a foot and a half tall and have basically eggs in stacks in cardboard similar to that of an egg carton
Theyre delivered twice a week
We have to take them from the box to the "egg cooker"
>basically a large hotplate that has egg rings and a lid
the hotplate/rings get a light spray with butter to avoid sticking then we crack the eggs, put them in, pick out any eggshell if any, and make sure the yolk is broken
They usually have around 16 egg rings
>lid closes
>water gets poured into the top of lid
>lid has like a little indent with 4 small holes
>holes let through water onto hotplate between rings
>eggs get cooked via steam and the hotplate heat

Theyre done in a few minutes and we pull up the lid and all the rings(the rings are attached to eachother and the machine on a hinge) then we pick them up with a spatula and they go into the warmer and get re-done when they run out or start looking ass.
>>
How can i acquire the different tshirts employees wear or is my towns store more laid back? I think theres a shirt that days show breakfast whos boss atm. There used to be more cool ones.
>>
>>35398322
Not sure what they pay on Spider Island but where I live the pay is absolute shit at minimum wage and most managers expect you to bend over backwards and work what they tell you and get super pissed if you decline working on days you weren't scheduled for.

It's almost like they expect you to give a shit about some minimum wage slave bottom feeder job.
>>
>>35398322
Interesting, I always expected the eggs to be pre packaged/ processed
>>
>>35398322
have you ever put your dick on the meat identifier
>>
>>35398322
I'm actually surprised the eggs actually come in shells. I expected a premixed slop that you just pour in those egg rings you mentioned.
>>
>>35398323
To get the shirts you could try to get a job, come in one day to pick up your uniform then leave and never come back.

The uniforms change from time to time.
Managers especially
>note, most crew wear the same standard issue jeans with velcro hemming
Blue shirts are for crew trainers, red for regular crew, whole torso and waist aprons for cooks, just waist for front and drivethru
denim colour shirt and brown apron for cafe with whatever pants you like
Grey shirt and whatever pants for managers

The CYT chefs have a specific black shirt and waste apron, looks very fancy compared to the others

We all wear standard issue name tags and everyone in kitchen is required to wear a hat.

You could get the red shirt pretty easy by getting a job and leaving but other than that i dont know

then again, after a quick google
>http://www.waytobeuniforms.com
apparently stores like this stock them for you
there you go.

>>35398343
in snakeyspiderland we have min wage of 17AUD but people under 18 get less.
15 year olds are around 9 an hour and 16 like 12 etc.
The wages also differ for casual and part time crew because casual employees get a loading.
Our managers dont care if you miss the shift as LONG AS YOU GET SOMEONE ELSE TO DO THE HOURS YOU WERE ROSTERED
they WILL fire you if you no-show without 3 hours warning of being sick or without an actual emergancy and you dont have anyone covering your shift
Theyre usually only 3-5 hour shifts anyway.
>>
>>35398351
>>35398347
yeah theyre freshly made.
mcdonalds is far higher quality than you expect

>>35398349
what the fuck is a meat identifier
Do you mean the grill? because it is constantly heated so no.
I do not want severe penis burns
also
>having your dick out while customers can see into the back area and youre around crewmembers and managers and on security camera

>>>what
>>
>>35398370
>mcdonalds is far higher quality than you expect

Alright, what about the Cheese then? Is it real cheese? Or some cheap ass flavored oil reconstitute? Same question for the butter you keep mentioning, too.
>>
>>35398389
It comes in packets with delivery 2-3 times a week.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXjYNGMraXM

The cheese slices on things like the chicken bacon delux (coon cheese) is actual quality coon cheese slices the same youd buy at a store.
pretty nice cheese in my opinion
>>
So basically everything you cook comes to the restaurant frozen?
>>
>>35398447
Yes.
All the cooked ingredients come frozen.

The salads and such are prepared or sent here fresh.
Cucumber and tomato are cut up instore every day.
>>
Does it feel like you're wasting your life in a dead end job? Unless you're going to school
>>
>>35398463
Im in uni right now
The job itself(maybe different in the US) isnt really dead end.
If you stay with it for about a year you can progress in this order
>crew person
>crew trainer
>area manager(looks after the kitchen or front staff to make sure theyre all working)
>manager
>store manager
Its hard to move past a normal manager but at that point youre on a low salary and it wouldnt be hard to find better opportunities outside of the job.
To end up managing the whole store you either neat a boat load of experience or a degree, I think.
Cant remember.

But with Australian min wages and such, people thatre around 20 get 20+ dollars an hour and most people work around 20 hours a week (5, 4 hour shifts) and can support themselves and fund a hobby or whatever they like.

Its a decent casual job in australia.
>>
its worth mentioning that the quality of mcdonalds in oceanic countries is extremely high in comparison to the US/europe

NZ maccas has more fresh ingredients than you would ever believe
>>
>>35398486
>p.s., 20AUD == 14.52USD
>>
>>35398489
this
>>
You've said that the meat McD uses is high in fat. Can you please elaborate about quality of meat you use? Who sells meat to McD?

And thanks for the AMA, it's an interesting thread overall.
>>
>>35398512
in australia, the meat is usually locally farmed in the general region.
Its pretty high quality meat in general

Australian farmers make a decent amount of money with their cattle for selling the meat to Maccas.

The angus meat is the best meat we have in store, and tastes better, easy to tell its better quality.
Its all 100% real beef though none of this garbage about using odds and ends.

Its just got a high amount of fat because it makes it taste better to grind up the meat with the fat on it, and it ends up more cost effective.
>>
>>35398073
Any ordering tips you've come across? Like asking for nuggets to be freshly cooked, McGangbangs etc.
>>
>>35398534
Stock manager for stores here -- again
THe only thing youll find that are low quality is the chicken mc cheese. avoid the meat in that thing if you want quality. eugh.,
>>
>>35398486
Our store manager is also our franchisee, so I guess he just bought it. Dunno how much business experience he has but I've heard that the company doesn't just sell to anyone.

Overtimes pays pretty nicely too.
>>
>>35398073

Fuark cuz I've been doing 5 opens a week at a Brisbane store for the last 5 months and my dick is destroyed. I wake up at 3 am on my days off now and my life is ruined. Are your shifts consistent and what shifts are you doing, like cyt open/close?

[spoiler] hello fellow maccas bro [/spoiler]
>>
>>35398586
Every single time an order is asked to be cooked fresh, we either grab the freshest product or actyually take the time to make new product for you

Whats the point in asking for "secret menu" when you can edit every order anyway
Ive never understood murricans for that
if you want a triple cheeseburger with 4 chicken patties on it just ask for it
its easy to add and remove product from a burger on the register or through the kiosk

>>35398621
our franchisee owns like 4 stores we have seperate store managers for each
>>35398624
kills me
theyre not consistant at all but sort of are at the same time
Change every week
I get 5 shifts thatre either midday or cyt close every week that never go past 5 hours
these days they only get me in for cyt open and close and the time after/before it.

>maccasbros for life
>>
>>35398635

>these days they only get me in for cyt open and close and the time after/before it.

haha yeah same with closes, I got trained, had some decent shifts, now I'm fucking excellent at breakfast menu so all they use me for is opens and sometimes 8-12 for breakfast wash up

meh could be worse

I got two days off now so I'm gonna enjoy some mother fucking nachos and guac, peace brother
>>
>>35398672
nice. i have wed and thurs off.
new years day double pay yewyew
same with todays double pay and chirstmas and boxing day
next two paycheques gon be sweet
>>
>>35398672
>now I'm fucking excellent at breakfast menu

what does that mean
>>
>>35398754
good at making the breakfast menu
muffins
egg wraps
sausage stuff

idk hotcakes

you get efficient at building certain parts of the menu
>>
>>35398073
Is your mom proud of your accomplishments?
>>
>>35398840
yeah she is
I come from a lower middle class to lower class family
the fact im in uni and have a job is fantastic
>>
>>35398848
Watcna studying?
>>
>>35398887
business at monash U
>>
The most interested thread on /fit/ right now is an advertisement for McDonald's.

I am so hungry, God damn.
>>
>>35398898
>>
Tell me how to make them fries and oreo mcflurries.
>>
>>35398910
oreo mcflurries are just the same stuff as soft serve cones or sundaes, but with oreo crumbly bits on it
get icecream, let it melt a little, swirl it round, add crushed up oreo cookie

The fries come packaged pre-seasoning and go into a deep fryer for a few minutes
nothing that special just thinly cut potato with a oven prebake a little then they get frozen with light seasoning then they come to store where we deep fry them for like 2 mins in vege oil
>>
>>35398918
I see, also why does it somehow take longer for them to make my burgers when I ask for just plain or cheese only with none of that relish shit?
>>
Okay I see this thread and I see you McDonalds fag
I'm a worker at Hungry Jack's (Australian Burger King) who has done virtually everything there including closes, opens, overnights, tills and burger room. I've seen everything. I'll answer any questions you guys have.
>>
>>35398958

Are there burgers REALLY better at hungry jacks?
>>
>>35398073
Also a maccas employee, which one do you work at bro?
>>
>>35398937

In busy times, they'll usually premake a certain amount of burgers to keep from getting swamped by the rush of people. If you want alterations, they've got to make them from scratch rather than grabbing one that's already made.
>>
>>35398972
I think so. We broil our beef instead of grill it, and in my opinion our selection is better. But it's all a matter of perspective.
>>
>>35398937
because maccas workers are used to making routine burgers
when you ask for a grill slip
we get out the wrap/box
pull the slip out of the machine
read the slip
stick it on the box
then follow it like instructions

Its way more effort than doing the routine burgers we know by heart.

>>35398972
giggled

>>35398973
Outside a major shopping mall and its on the pic of the screen, not saying more than that.

>>35398976
not always true
In the case of our store we just make what comes up and burgers that get blocked like that were mistakenly made
>>
>>35398994
>>35398976
Stop being lazy brah
>>
>>35399012
Hungry Jacks fag here, we do the same.
Honestly I think it's fucking dumb to make burgers and let them go soggy waiting for people to buy them but management preaches Speed of Service above actually making good food. Plus we need to make the burger anyway to replenish the level so fuck you
>>
>>35399012
its not laziness in my stores case, its just not as automatic.
>>
>>35399019
haha at maccas we pride the quality more
managers crack the shits if we dont
>>
>>35399019
>>35399023
How much do you get paid?
>>
>>35399012

If you've got, for example, four register lines going flat out and only two or three people on the assembly lines... you'd better have some stuff pre-made, because people don't go to maccas with the intention of waiting for their food.
>>
>>35399039
HJ fag
I'm 18 and I earn ~14.50 an hour. No weekend penalty rates
>>
>>35399029
Dude sometimes our Regional Manager comes in and makes burgers, and he slams out burgers in 20 seconds flat without putting on any pickles or microwaving burgers like you're meant to. And sometimes our managers get us to do laps of the drivethrough to bring the time down so they don't get in trouble. It's crazy how Speed of Service is valued so highly
>>
>>35399039
look at
>>35398486
>>35398494
>>
>tfw you get more on ESA than people working
>>
>>35399069
what the fuck
when head office dudes come in and work the managers force everyone to be 100% perf procedure for them and the head office dudes do everything perfect and arnet even that fast compared to us
hungry jacks sounds povo as fuck
>>
>>35398898
OP really put in some effort

He wasn't a faggot today
>>
>>35399057
>>35399039
what the fuck thats under min wage
fucking why
maccas is at least 17 an hour if 18, like 20 around the 20s
>>35399089
i do try
>>
>>35399086
Yeah man our pajeet regional manager is one slow ass motherfucker
our hungry jacks is pretty povo but it's good money and good hours. Just sucks smelling like dirty grease after every shift
Plus you need to suck manager dick to keep your hours up. it's super competitive because we're losing money and can't afford much crew.
>>
>>35399095
what's the safest burger to get, in terms of if you had to eat one?

I've been having the chicken wraps and grilled chicken burgers if I have to have maccas; am I going to live man?
>>
>>35399095
Yeah we have a special minimum wage just for us top fucking kek
I still earn enough to buy food that hits my macros so I don't give a fuck. Once I get my degree I'll leave that place and tell everyone there to get fucked
>>
>>35398361
>velcro hemming
is that so you can rip them off quickly if boiling oil gets spilt onto your body?
>>
>>35399103
i know the fighting for shifts pain
we're losing money all the time too
>>35399110
grill chicken bacon delux with no bacon
grill chicken wraps are good but they taste like anus in my opinion
read this about the chicken: >>35398211
>>
>>35399122
what the fuck
>>35399127
nah, its hemming. at the bottom of the jeans.
You dont need to hem the bottoms up you can fold them up on the inside with velcro to keep them at regulation height and avoid extra effort with sizes and getting them hemmed or doing it yourself.
>>
What's the longest item to make or you hate having to make it?
>>
>>35399127
The velcro hemming is so that it sticks to your socks and doesn't expose unsightly legs
Boiling oil spills don't happen. Most you get is a little bit on your hand pulling racks of shit out of the fryers.
>>
>>35399142
For Hungry Jacks
The Aussie burger. For perspective it's beetroot lettuce tomato, a bit of meat, bacon, cheese, an egg, ketchup and onion. Normally there is mayo on the top so the salad sticks but beetroot doesn't stick and it slides off
Plus the egg is a pain in the ass. And you have to wrap it and try to keep it all together.
>>35399110
Best burger is the Grilled Chicken. It's comparatively healthy and has good macros, and the bun is flaxseed so the carbs aren't as empty. Plus tastes delicious
Protip order four grilled chicken patties and take that shit home and dice it up into a salad. Fucking delicious.
>>
>>35399142
any sort of wrap.
Theyre just more effort in general
the box always rips or doesnt pop right in the bottom section, the wraps need to be steamed and burn your hand, you need a special paper on the line before you can make it, it requires the meat cut in half, theyre horrible to wrap together without ripping.

theyre horrible
we hate when people order wraps
they also taste like anus i dunno why people like them

>>35399143
what, no its to be able to adjust the bottom of your pants thats why it has both sides of the velcro
what are you talking about

butyeh the oil spills dont even happen.
>>
>>35399164
Idk bruv we probably have different pants
I bought pants with pockets that I use anyway, fuck the shit you're meant to wear with no pockets.
>>
>>35399180
>dont use your phone

fuck off manager i want to put music on

the managers let us put on music via a bluetooth radio
we jam all day every day
good times
really motivating for making burgers and stuff
gets you through the days.
>>
>>35399122
>Once I get my degree I'll leave that place and tell everyone there to get fucked
Fellow ausfag whos been in the workforce for a few years during IT related shit. I got a double degree (4 year).
All I can say bro is the 'real world' and 'real jobs' is kind of just as fucked as fastfood/retail just in a different way. Yeah it's better overall I would say but it's got its whole new set of challenges.
There's a reason why some people enjoy the clock in clock out style jobs vs office jobs where you gotta be a political animal to keep your job basically.
Trying to find work with a business degree isnt exactly fun too. But if you've got a good head on your shoulders and get a start you will be fine.

Gl broski, I think you will be ok though :) I mean that too.
>>
>>35399187
I'm best buds with most of my managers, I got offered management but fuck that my degree is more important.
On the rare overnight I work I bring in a mad huge speaker and turn it all the way up so it's shaking the walls topkek it's mad
>>
>>35399196
nice
>>35399191
yeah but fast food is hell and youre dirty and greasy and messy and in physical foot pain

I hate fast food
if i could work in somewhere like a supermarket id be 400% happier.
Cant manage to get another job though.
>>
>>35399191
Yeah, the job climate in Australia and specifically where I live is abysmal at the moment, but I'll figure it out. I did IT for the first 6 months of my uni career but I could never get into it, so I switched to business and I'm doing well, Distinctions and such.
I'll be okay. I have narcissistic personality disorder, and one of the perks is complete self-confidence which makes jobsearching a breeze.

Thankyou for your kind words anon, may your form be perfect and your lifts be heavy. Good luck out there.
>>
>>35399210
Fastfood/retail is truly hell, i worked retail as a teenager, i know what you mean. I was at big w and man it was sad seeing those women in their 40s that were like career retail workers. Most of them had families, cant imagine trying to do that on their wages.

I enjoyed it though because it made me work harder at uni and made me more competitive when I went for 'proper jobs' because I knew some of the alternatives.

What are you planning to do for work when u finish uni? Also what you major in for business? Accounting?
>>
>>35399237
yeah its depressing seeing the old boy at work come in and clean and then leave
i feel bad whenever i see a mid40s or over person at a menial job like that
i plan to go into an accountancy(yeah i major accountancy) firm or just keep studying and do law.
I might quit it all and go for an infantry officer position in the ADF though, its a tough choice.
Im really tempted by the military lifestyle.
>>
Fuuuuck working at fast food. Used to work at maccas, started working at woolies this year so much better. Going in to my last year at uni. try and get a job as nightfill at woolies or coles. It's so chill, as flexible as maccas with uni and way better pay. Just did a 7 hour sunday shift and was on like $40 an hour. Manager and other workers are heaps relaxed compared to maccas. They set you up in an aisle and you just put shit on the shelves usually by yourself, work at a reasonable pace but its relaxing in all honesty.

Bit of banter with the customers then when the store shuts everyone starts the banter between aisles, it's good fun tbqh. Always free shit from the bakery or produce/deli section in the breakroom. Highly recommend. Also no grease or oil and shit, always smell nice and in air conditioning.
>>
>>35399230
Yeah man it's pretty depressing. I was really lucky to get a series of great jobs. I'm turning 25 and it's much easier to get jobs with the experience i have. I did a business (major mang)/IT double degree funnily enough. A great deal of it is who you know though.
I could walk into another job purely from knowing certain recruiters (brisbane is a tiny world) and other professionals I know that would hook me up.
Once you have that foot in the door, it's not that bad. I'm not surprised at some of the figures you see about 'hidden job markets' aye.

I think grades are important, I put my GPA on my first few resumes when I had no experience, but experience is king desu. Depending what uni you're at, you should try get work placements, sounds like you'd snag one easy. From there you can springboard, that's what I did.
I did like unpaid work exp in a government department, then 6 months at a work placement through uni and with all that I snagged a really great job at one of the big 2 airlines in aus.
>>
dont wanna hijack thread but aus dominos fag here, ama if u want
>>
>>35399271
op here and whys your pizza taste like shit give me one reason why i shouldnt go to the kebab shop next door to dominos

>>35399265
i want woolies so bad *cuts wrists
id love to work at bunnings because I do a lot of DIY projects

love lifting for a job too
stocking shelves would be my bae

>>35399266
i hope i dont have issues with work
actually one of my biggest fears is being unemployed with a degree and having it all be a waste
>>
>>35399271

Are dominos aware that their pizza is terrible?

I heard stories a while back that their business model is just to corner the market by buying out their competitors. That happened near me in adelaide - after they moved in there was literally nowhere else to get pizza

But christ it is terrible food
>>
>>35399265
I wish I could find a job in a supermarket but you either need to have relatives in high places or be good at sucking dick to get even an entry level job in my town. It sounds mad as fuck though, congrats on finding a niche place like that.
>>35399266
Once I finish my degree at JCU (Townsville) I'll likely move to Adelaide with my uncle and find something there in the larger job climate, though like you say experience is king. I'm glad it all worked out for you, with a lot of people it's hard as fuck to find a job coming out of uni because they don't know what the real world is like and how competitive it really is out there. I'm going into my second year of uni now (19), it's a fun time and I'm planning on picking up some hobbies other than gym next year. You made it bud, congrats.
>>
>>35399286
i cant, kebabs are 100x better than dominos. and HALAL! yes uleh

>>35399287
just as aware as you or i mate
>>
>>35399271
Is Domino's hard?
On a side note your pizza tastes like shit and Eagle Boys is far superior.
>>
>>35399256
Yeah my dad and a few friends dads r like taxis drivers, working at bottle-o's and all that. It's sad because sometimes they fall into those jobs because of shit that has happened in life (e.g. illness in my dads case). But life goes on, least he'll be happy seeing me do well.

>accountancy
Solid broseph. My friend is an accountant working in 1 of the big 4. Not bad desu, you could deffo find work in it. Some of the smartest people I met at uni were law students. The ones doing IT/law were super sharp. If you got the chops for it then you can do alright.

I toyed with the idea of the chairforce, particularly when I was 6 months without a job at one point but unless you're committed to it I wouldnt bother imo.
For me it wasnt really worth it, it's a lot of years to commit even if you get into a decent job at the end of it. And I'd wanna stick it out for the pension (which is 20 years I believe), dont think I could have done that.
I reckon try out a few office jobs in accounting and see how you like it before jumping into a contract with the military.

>lifestyle
As long as you are aware of the sacrifices you have to make. Like I'd hate to go away for training in w/e raaf base n not being able to really see my friends/family like before.
>>
>>35399302
kebabs are the dream
the kebab shop next to dominos is fucking brilliant
favorite kebab shop in east melbourne by far
nothing you wouldve said couldve convinced me to go to dominos when its got a nandos on one side and my favorite kebabs thatre the size and thickness of my forearm on the other.

>>35399304
damn right it tastes like shit
>>
>>35399304
its hard when its busy. most of the time its pretty chill
>>
>>35399320
Bro if you get off to kebabs let me recommend Troy's Kebabs
Best fucking kebabs I've ever eaten, idk if you have them in Melbourne but up here in Queensland they're the best franchised kebabs you can get tbqh familiar
>>
>>35399286
>all be a waste
I dont think it's a waste. But a degree is just one piece of the puzzle particularly when it's non-stem.
I view it like this: a degree gives you the standing for employers to even look at you and then they consider everything else. Kinda sad but true.

I believe in you anon :) Dont be disheartened job hunting though.
I had a string of turn downs and close misses (getting to final round and then fizzling out).
Places like seek are good, but you needa be aware that a lot of companies hire through recruiters.
I got my current job (which I love and have been at for 2 years, ironically in the education industry), by talking to a friend of a friend.
She put me in touch with the recruiter who hired her, I met with the recruiter (who did a lot of hiring for this company) and we shot the shit. I told her what position I wanted and she got me an interview.

Those type of arrangements you get very high hit rate for jobs, because nobody is messing around. Seek might have 100s of applicants from everywhere.
>>
>>35399317
im going to be honest, all i do is lift and be sad
I barely have any friends and my family is that of two people
i never had a father figure cause hes a cunt and doesnt even live near me(diff state) and its just my mum and my dropkick sister
the only one id miss would be mum
im tempted as an escape, a physical job, a good salary, being paid to study etc
I also really love leadership roles
I have my certs in security work and volunteer with the fire brigade.
>>35399349
i gotta look them up and see
>https://www.zomato.com/melbourne/troy-kebab-corner-carlton-north
??
>>35399352
thanks man
thats why military is so attractive too
Guarantee of work is absolutely beautiful
>>
>>35399379
That's one of them bruv. Give them a try, idk if the one down there is any good but up here they're godlike
>>
>>35399299
I have a few friends from townsville. They either came down to brisbane or other cities.
I'd say adelaide is about the same as brisbane, with obviously syd/melb being largest.

>how competitive it really is out there.
Yeah really sucks. And then when you think getting the job is an ordeal enough, actually working as the most bottom bitch in an office (the graduate), is pretty shitty. But it's great experience and it will set your career up.

My super #1 advice to all uni peps though is something I wish someone had told me.
When you get your first few 'proper jobs', always keep in mind that it's just a job. And sometimes jobs / companies arent the right fit.

I got what I thought was the best job ever, it was ok at the start and I tried to stick it out because I didnt realise that sometimes it's better to try your luck elsewhere than stay somewhere you hate. After 6 months I was really depressed and ended up quitting basically. I had to take 1 year off to recover. It was a really fked up toxic culture, long hours, a lot of stress, a psycho manager. Next job I got that I've been at for almost 2 years, I've never had a day I've not wanted to go to work, I love it.

In hindsight I would have just not tried to force it so hard and not been so emotionally invested in the job.
If I could of seen the future, I would have quit after 3 months and looked for another job.

I wish I could do a speech at my uni, so that young guys dont fall into all the traps I fell into. But meh.
>>
>>35399391
will try 100%
probably will be in the city on NYE or maybe even wednesday Ill go then.
Thanks bro

kebabs are god tier lifting food just pretend the oil isnt there
>>
>>35399237
Currently working retail as a teenager (recently surpassed underageb&, summer job to build dosh for uni), NZfag tho. Love the work, but youre right, I do feel sorry for all the olds stuck in a dead end job.

I worked at a few gas stations before this job. The first one I worked at had this lady in her 40s working there. Chill as fuck, spun good yarns. She'd worked there for 19 years when the manager sold the store off to some indian family who laid off all the staff.

That manager lived about 2 hours out. Didnt even come down to say goodbye to the lady on her last day, after 19 years. Shits fucked.

Retail is pretty decent though, I dont understand all the negativity around it. Gas stations are chill as fuck but boring, maybe I only like retail because thats my comparison point.
>>
>>35399422
retail kicks ass compared to hospitality
fuck the food industry it hurts me inside and out
forces me to SS the pain away
>>
>>35399432
I've always been keen on selling shit, so that helps too. I feel for you bro. Are you trying to get out of your current shithole?
>>
>>35399406
Alright bud
Remember when your friends ask you where you're going tell them "I'm going to visit a kebab shop recommended to me by some guy on an anonymous Croation Reptile-Breeding imageboard"
>>35399404
That's actually really good advice, thankyou for giving it to me. Most peoples problems is that they will get a loan and buy a nice car or travel or something as soon as they get a guaranteed job and fuck themselves into working the rest of their lives with no opportunity to quit. It's sad. It's also good to have perspective on jobs, I have a job I can compare future jobs to but a lot of graduatees don't and think it's just that horrible all the time for everyone.
Thankyou again for the advice though, you could definitely talk to your uni about giving a speech or even your old high school if you were a high achieving student.
>>
>>35399379
dont be a sad cunt bro:)
you can make it if you believe in yourself
I know plenty of people who have had less than ideal upbringings but have pulled through it and done well

>im tempted as an escape, a physical job, a good salary, being paid to study etc
I've known people who went to the military (tours in Afghanistan to chairforce and everything in between etc), people doing phds, people in offices, laborers and tradies.
They all have their pros and cons, just find out what works for you.
I personally love sitting on a computer all day in aircon. I usually do that in my sparetime anyway. Some people would go bonkers doing that.
It's whatever makes you happy, because work is only bearable if you're as happy (as is possible with work).
The really fucked up catch is that you cant know what work will be like unless you've done it.
Man if I knew what I know now back in uni, I would have done a lot of things different.

I'd say 20% of what you learn at uni is used in your actual job even if it's what you specifically studied. I'd say that would be pretty accurate for even sht like accounting or engineering.

>military is so attractive
Yeah it's guarantee of work but at a price, that being you needa put in the years. And other downsides.

Also: i hope my ramblings are useful to anons in this thread. I'd just felt compelled to give my perspective as a 20 something doing white collar work post uni
>>
>>35399445
constantly applying everywhere because im really sensitive to smells and mcdonalds drives me crazy sometimes
>>35399464
yeah dude the crocodile reading bodyboard got it.

this has turned out to be the most successful thread Ive ever made on 4chan
>>
>>35399482
>>35399482
theyve been brilliant bro
thanks for the advice
we all really appreciate it

Ill probably try for infantry officer next year and see how it goes
it really does seem like everything id like in a job even if it has the con of being placed in the middle east to kill people

Its just really my type of thing to lead a team and be active and im really into decision making and such if you get me
Just meshes with me really well from the outside and 6 years isnt TOO long compulsory service.
>>
>>35399483
This bread ended up so far from where it started I love it dude
>>35399482
Your perspective is appreciated man. Thankyou for wasting your time on a couple of fast food spergs like OP and myself. Have a rare pepe as payment
>>
>>35399422
>Shits fucked.
Yeah that's fked up thing about unskilled labour jobs, no real security. I remember at Big W, they dont actually fire you, they just give you no hours.
I think they did it to me because I turned 18 and had to increase my pay due to the law.

I think being a manager in fastfood/retail would be not bad if you didnt really have any other career aspirations. I've got a friend whos a manager at woolies I think, he dropped out of film school and wasnt going anywhere desu. They get ok money considering. I'm really happy for him actually.

I would have done gas stations in retrospect for sure;)

>>35399464
>working the rest of their lives with no opportunity to quit.
Yeah exactly.
Lucky in aus uni debt has pretty tidy tax thresholds for repayment and very low interest all things considered.
But if you apply yourself you can get really decent money, and it's not 2 much of an issue.
I'm aiming to get a rise to 80k p.a. soon =) just need to play the right political games..
>>
>>35399536
OP here saying that this thought is seconded.
thanks breh even though ive already said thanks haha
>>
>>35399513
Not sure if the military is contracting at the moment. Dont think you'd be seeing any heat anytime soon tho desu :)
The majority of the armed forces is non combat, which is why it's pretty cruisy. But if you really wanted dat 'danger pay' you would go and be a military private contractor. Now that's where it is at.

If you do go into the forces, I would always try to become an officer. At least that was my view on it when I was thinking about it. Be good if a miltaryfag was ITT who had more knowledge on the subject than myself.

But yeah be careful signing away 6 years of your life especially if you havent tried out other alternatives. I mean you could get a job in an office and love it and then never even consider the military again (aka me), but it's just as likely that's not your story but it also could be, one never knows. You have your whole life ahead of you, dont want to jump into anything.

>>35399536
Thanks anon, not a bad thread. Good work OP also.
>>
>>35399611
yeah well they do officer intake every year and it looks like i have enough brownie points with security and CFA to make the cut up against the cadet kids

Yeah im trying uni now thats the point and I dont even know if its my thing man.

getting really fucking sick of selecting two sets of street signs
>>
Thoughts on doing brower as a fitizen?
>>
>>35398268

I use to work at McDonalds west terrace (SA) and we would always get that kind of shit with teh filet o fish burgers.

>Never order the filet o fish

is the best advice you can get
>>
>>35399889
exactly
theyre fucking rank
>>
>>35398073
Why does day shift and nightshift staff seem so opposite?
Day shift seem pissy and dont want to deal while nightshift seem full of banter.
Day shift just not have the time to have banter?

If i wanted to work at maccas what would be better day or night?
>>
>>35399936
day shifties are usually tired and are usually school kids
the older day guys are exhausted because theyvebeen there since early morning and want to leave and hate their job
The afternoon to early night day people are 15-18 usually because cheap labour
The overnighters are always 20+ and dont give a fuck cause fuck all orders
its all far more fun for them
im a night cook and we have loads of banter from like 8-12 but thats because we all get along, not usually the case desu

id go for morning shifts because theyre dead
night shifts are great but youre on /fit you want your sleep trust me
>>
>>35398322
you work at the chaddy macca's? aww shieeet
>>
>>35399965
Real close. But no cigar
>>
>>35399956
>Nightshift
>no orders
Mate, my store is non stop at night.
Hell last night we made more than dayshifr... On a fucking Sunday.
>tfw your store still only staffs 4 people at night despite being busy.
>>
>>35399265
i once got a job for coles once and after the induction they didnt call me for any shifts untill like 2 months later. i went on vacation and found out i got fired after i got back. lel
>>
>>35399993
i swear to god ive seen that hungry jacks whenever i drive to Monash from the city(also a clayton fag)
>>
>>35398228
I fucking love that shit.

extra pickle please.
>>
In Poland we have a thing called Classic McWrap which has a large piece of chicken in it. I'm not sure if it's available in Australia, it probably is. My question is are you required to cut large pieces of meat into small pieces? I almost always take a bite and then pull out all the chicken with my teeth. It's kind of annoying, actually.
>>
>>35398073
can someone do the same for KFC?
I'm really interested, how is the food in general etc..
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.