[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
adult acne dilemma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
I'm a 35yr old dude with a mild case of acne. Seen plenty of dermatologists who prescribe oral antibiotics and some weak sauce topical solutions.

The antibiotics work extremely well however I know I can't use this long term, and I know that it cleanses me of all good gut bacteria. I bet there's a dozen other negative side effects too that I don't know of.

When I wean off the antibiotics for a month, the resurgence of acne takes place and my social life/confidence levels plummet. I go back to the pills.

My theory is that my internal "bad" bacteria overrun the "good" bacteria and I want to know if anyone has been able to win this battle without just superior genetics.
I've heard Acidophilus supplements help in all skin-related issues (per Joe Rogan, but still).

Any suggestions welcome however:

>inb4 change your filthy sheets, stop jacking off so much, fix your hygiene, masturbate more, etc...
>>
>>35394212
A few things to note:
>i workout - HIIT every MFW, cold shower immediately after.
>rarely drink - however do enjoy a diet coke or 2/per week
>masturbate once or 2x per week
>no crazy work/financial stress, dating several grills.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 500x747) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 500x747
>I have acne inversa.
My sweat glands clog.
This causes boils, abcesses, and and then tracks of bad smelling blood and pus.

I take oxycodone for this shit. Its painful and disfigures you (scars).

>I take anti botics twice daily for life.
Make sure you have a full spectrum probotic and take it daily or bi daily two hours you take any antibotic.
This is for gut bacteria.

>long term antibotics cause oxidative stress on some systems (liver, kindeys, ears) the cell membranes, and microcondra.

You need to take a type of antibiotic as its less stressful then other types

Second you need to take FDA approved antioxidant "NAC". It prevents and liver damge and oxidative stress by the said antibotic.

Other side effects are hard to stay off besides sunscreen for the sun sensitivity.
>>
>>35394846
I am on my phone.
Not english class :/
>>
>>35394212
Jesus, I hate it when people take antibiotics for trivial bullshit like fucking acne.
>>
Anyone do Zinc for acne?
>>
>>35394212
Accutane is a guaranteed fix, but the side effects will fuck with you a bit.
>>
If you eat only non processed food, use coconut oil for cooking, no acne, works for me.
>>
grains.
stop eating grains.
grains are slow-burn posion to humans.

they're breaking down your intestinal walls (leaky gut), then some of the poisons (your literal shit) is going back into your body, into your abdomen, instead of all the way out.

then the body says oh shit, gotta fight this poison. skin problems, ENT problems, tummy problems are the visible signs of this fight.

remove all grains for one month. no wheat, no oats, no rice. just eat meat, potatoes, fruit, veg, nuts, legumes. try to stay off dairy too, as it's cross reactive. if your symptoms are significantly relieved, you have your confirmation.

and stop messing with antibiotics. if it were a bacterial infection, then one strong properly taken round of antibiotics should have knocked it out. so it clearly isn't bacterial, and taking them unnecessarily is lowering their future effectiveness in your body for when you DO need them.
>>
File: acne.png (177 KB, 1887x670) Image search: [Google]
acne.png
177 KB, 1887x670
>>
File: acne.png (178 KB, 1887x670) Image search: [Google]
acne.png
178 KB, 1887x670
small fix senpai
>>
>>35394941
>only

That's going to be a problem for me.
>>
>>35394968

Fuck, i eat rice multiple times per week.

>is sugar a grain too?

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>35395645
>sugar
not a grain, but it's shit for you anyway, don't eat unnecessary sugar

desu the grains thing is just a hypothesis, but it's one firmly based on emerging science. try it. how long have you had this problem? you're 35, what's 1 month of experimentation to confirm of eliminate this theory?

people will say
>there's nothing wrong with grains, people with celiac disease are only a small percentage, the rest of us are fine!
but it's becoming clear that the gut damage is actually taking place in everyone, it's just that some (most people) are resisting/coping with it better than others, to the point where it's still invisible on the outside. but the battle is still going on on the inside. wearing down of the villi, and ultimately the wall itself. there is absolutely no way that can be a good thing.
>>
>>35395700
>how long have you had this problem? you're 35,
All of my adult life
2 rounds of Accutane "fixed" it for roughly 10 years but since I turned 30, it's creeped back in.

I will experiment with this. I will substitute my rice with Quinoa, reduce diary too.

My family seems to have digestive issues. Everyone is gassy, gall-bladders removed, and bloated.
>>
>>35394212
Okay breh, total broscience but take a month and make a real effort to cut out dairy and sugary shit from your diet and report back.
>>
>>35394909
Yeah, I take 50mg a day. Went from moderate to zero acne in about 2 months.
>>
>>35396003
Good. Report back in one month. Take a screenshot of this thread, or at least your OP for reference. And remember, ALL grains. Some will say only wheat, barley and rye are problematic, that rice, corn, oats etc are fine. But the proteins in those are also gluten, and are very similar to the 'gluten' (specifically gliadin) in the first three, and most in depth studies find that people who are displaying problems with the first three are also having problems with all grains, i.e. they're not getting better if they continue with the supposedly 'safe' grains.

Remove all grains.
One month.
Report back, senpai.
Don't fuck around, you're getting old already. No more wasted time, nigga. Don't be a pussy ass bitch.
>>
File: asianhomer.jpg (15 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
asianhomer.jpg
15 KB, 441x411
reminder that if you think that there's a one size fits all solution to curing acne/skin conditions you're a fucking retard

reddit.com/r/skincareaddiction

read the fucking sidebar (who cares if it's fucking reddit, grow up)

then make an appointment with a dermatologist.
>>
>>35396104

Screen capped.....including the rude non-believer below you.
>>
>>35394212
Dude.

Wash your face
Drink more water
Change your pillow case often

Easy
>>
>>35396145
Fuck off back to reddit and stay there, if I wanted to go to a shitty unnavigatible site to read about dumb opinions on acne, Id blindfold myself and click whatever shows up on the 12th page of google
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.