[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is doing a water fast for a few days right before starting a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Clean-water-in-glass.jpg (1 MB, 1697x1131) Image search: [Google]
Clean-water-in-glass.jpg
1 MB, 1697x1131
Is doing a water fast for a few days right before starting a new diet a good idea? I'm going into a low carb diet and I'm a carbohydrate junkie right now. Hoping it reduces cravings
>>
Bump. Hoping for reply
>>
I want to know it to
>>
>>35394539
Quit acting like your not op
>>
File: Screenshot_20151227-233105.png (110 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151227-233105.png
110 KB, 720x1280
>>35393864
>>35394581
Im not op idiot.
>>
File: Screenshot_20151227-233217.png (137 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151227-233217.png
137 KB, 720x1280
Fak
>>
Shameless bump
>>
You're craving carbs because its the body's most vital nutrient. Going on low carb will fuck your shit up, and any results will be short-term
>>
no, don't do a water fast. you should increase water intake but low carb will curb most cravings and kill your appetite after a few days. when you eat don't try to get stuffed just until you aren't hungry.
>>
You can't control your cravings, and you expect to make it multiple days with food? Just start eating at a deficit.
>>
if nobody is going to answer, I'll put in my two cents. I don't think there's anything wrong with a fast for a short amount of time. It can be prolonged as long as you aren't suffering from any serious health issues already and keep yourself hydrated. Fasting is natural. After a few days of fasting, cravings and general hunger goes away. I did a fast for about 27 days for a spiritual reason and I felt amazing after the initial couple days. Your energy bounces back, you feel more efficient in your own body. However, be careful when exercising. You should still make sure you have a little sodium so have a gatorade once a day
>>
>>35393864
Actually yes, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Source: I actually water fasted for 18 days. The first 3 were great! Don't go further than that.

In my experience, you'll feel very light and pleasant at the end of the first day, hungry on the second, and feel hunger subside on the third. Cals in/cals out is of course the golden rule, and I can't speak to some "metabolism revving" side effect, but it certainly feels great and functions sort of like an enema. Non-bullshit alternative to a "cleanse".
>>
>>35393864
>>35397419
Also, don't go low carb. I know it sounds like a good idea, and it seems like it will be the land of milk and honey eating bacon out of stripper's assholes every day and throwing away your calorie counter app, but please, don't do it.

In my experience, low carb diets are unsustainable- you will literally kill someone for a cookie, and then when you break, you will eat a thousand. I know you think you're stronger than that. You're not. You will binge on carbs.

Good news is: carbs aren't evil and don't make you fat! If you really have a boner for carb-management, manage your macronutrient ratios and switch over all your carbohydrate sources to non-refined carbs.
>>
low carb is similar to a fast as far as cravings go. with the carbohydrates gone your body thinks its time to go into survival mode. you get that same energy boost and appetite suppression that a fast gives. they both trigger your body to tap itsself for energy instead of giving you cravings for high sugar/starch to power it. that is pretty much a steady source of energy for your body if you have any kind of body fat.
the only difference is on low carb you are still providing protein so you don't get the muscle wasting that fasting can cause
>>
>>35397435
if everyone had the same body you might be right, every diet good or bad is unsustainable to someone. carbs aren't necessarily bad but if people have a problem controlling themselves with them then they are bad to those people, the insulin resistance from overdoing carbs is one of the main contributors to obesity
>>
>>35393864

fucking NYRfag.
>>
>>35397515
Doctor recommended it because I have reoccurring pancreatitis and a family history of diabetes. So what if part of it is because it's the new year? I forgot you're perfect. .. which is of course why you're also on /fit/
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.