[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody here with irritable bowel syndrome? Do you have any tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: 1450835606496.jpg (25 KB, 429x501) Image search: [Google]
1450835606496.jpg
25 KB, 429x501
Anybody here with irritable bowel syndrome? Do you have any tips with diet to help constant stomach cramping and farts? It makes sitting in uni classes painful and I'm worried with my increased protein intake of all my farts being brutal. If I let one slip in class, it's game over for me man.
Pls help IBS bros. Any tips to make life better?
>>
>>35391222
Find what works for you. For me, chocolate, beer and coffee are pretty bad so I eat low amounts of it. Sleep regularly, eat on set times and if possible, shit at roughly the same times every day. Routine is key, OP.

The one thing that makes the most difference for me is never, ever to stress when eating. I eat as long as I need to, never in a hurry. Chew your food, swallow it calmly and breathe. Eating fast fucks your shit up.

You're gonna make it bro
>>
>>35391222
Figure out what makes it worse. If there is something I love (garlic) that triggers any issues, just eat it the night before a day you have nothing important planned.
>>
>>35391267
not op, but thank you for the solid advice
>>
>>35391222
Fermented foods might help.
>>
>>35391222
I've had IBS-d for like 10 years now, and increased protein intake for lifting never really made anything worse (although things were pretty fucked to begin with, lol)

The things that have helped me the most are:

1.) not eating foods with insoluble fiber (any kind of lettuce would fuck me up bad. No longer eating lettuce has probably given me the biggest improvements in terms of my IBS. I just eat different vegetables with less insoluble fiber to ensure good nutrition),

2.) taking a soluble fiber supplement every day (I just use generic psyllium husk powder, but brand name capsules/powder are cool too if you've got the money), and

3.) taking 4mg of loperamide every day (this basically stops my bowls from spazzing out. you can get a years supply on Amazon for $20, and my gastroenterologist said there's nothing wrong with taking it regularly like this).

If you don't have issues with diarrhea, then disregard 1 and 3, but I think 2 is a great idea for anyone, even without IBS.

I can't say this regimen has erased my issues with IBS, but quality of life is way better than before I started.

Also, someone's comment about eating slow/chewing your food well is also really helpful.
>>
>>35391222
holy shit does anybody has a source on that pic?
She is perfect.
>>
I've heard a couple of times that you should never drink out of a straw because it adds excess air to your stomach.
>>
Don't drink ice water. Room temperature or warmer.
>>
>>35392549
looks like elly tran ha
>>
I always found getting enough fibre helped, like 10g per 1000 calories.
Also if you're bothered about the farts just avoid the food that causes it. Beef mince gives me the most rancid facts, but I love revelling in that shit (pun intended).
>>
I have a friend that claims fish oil supplements helped his IBS improve quite a bit.
>>
>>35391222
My mother said I had IBS-like symptoms so I took probiotics and glutamine and they went away.
>>
Try out probiotics. Walmart sells digestive enzyme probiotics and it semi cured me. Still can't drink too much tho.
>>
>>35391222
>gut healthy biotic meals
>fiber
The myth is that all foods rot in your stomach, which is untrue.
Sadly protein (meat or plant based) does rot.
This is usually what causes your irritable bowel and your disgusting smelling farts.
The only way to combat this is to either take less protein at once and have it more evenly spread throughout a day (so that it is processed quickly) or to do what i posted.
You need more gut bacteria to more quickly process the proteins or eat more fiber so it will pass in more solid waste.
>>
Avoid food rich in FODMAP
>>
I've had upset and annoying stomach problems for years.
Now I do daily enemas, those tiny 300g bottles, do it in the morning and you feel good for the whole day trust me not joking, it's actually healthy if you don't use too much water.
>>
>>35393910
How does that work exactly? How long does it take?

What are some steps /Fit/ does to improve their digestive system?
>>
File: fleet-enema.jpg (13 KB, 274x373) Image search: [Google]
fleet-enema.jpg
13 KB, 274x373
>>35394457
get this, stick up butt with some lube or soap, water goes up butt and clear out colon so you feel good for rest of day
>>
>>35394475
Does your next poop come out watery and shit?
>>
>>35394558
nope, i do it 2-3 times until the water's clear so you know it's clean, don't use more water than what's in the bottle at a time or it takes out ur sodium or something
>>
>>35394558
it's the perfect solution to cramping and farts because it's basically taking a laxative to clear out your insides, go get it for $10, best purchase ever.
>>
>>35394588
>>35394617
Why can't i just take a normal gentle laxative and shit like a gorilla? Besides i would feel weird putting water up my ass, i mean do you have to be upside down for this shit?
>>
>>35394686
no just squatting a bit, yea it is weird but worth it and you can't just take laxatives everyday.

google it, a lot of people do it and it works for ibs.
>>
>>35391222

Keto masterrace reporting in. Haven't had gas and bloating since week one.
>>
>>35394723
Isn't that the caveman diet?

>>35394698
Do you do it in the tub?
>>
>>35394740
over the toilet, i use handsoap as lube, stick it up and squeeze til its all in, sounds gay as fuck but it's pretty easy and feels good to clean out your colon everyday, I look forward to it. Seriously stop asking questions and just go buy it, best decision of my life.
>>
>>35394756
I feel like you own a business selling the fuckers and just want us to buy
>>
>>35394844
nope, it's just I've lived with stomach/colon discomfort my whole life and ever since I started this shit 4 months back, I actually enjoy going outside, feels like I should help someone out with the same problem.
>>
>>35394856
Can anyone else validate squirting water into your ass makes you enjoy the outside world?
>>
>>35394879
just look at google, enema ibs
>>
>>35394879
kek
>>
>>35391222
Medicinal marijuana
Specific food selection
>>
You need to find what triggers your symptoms. I've found that too much fiber makes me a walking, shitting biohazard, so I tend to eat low fiber plants (or fewer high fiber ones) and animal products. Funny enough, I feel and poo best when my diet is the "worst".

>>35392549

I second this. I want to ravage her.

>>35393899

Meat doesn't "rot" in your digestive system. That's beyond mom science, it's just invented bullshit.
>>
>>35394879
good for anal sex too

G_A_Y
A
Y
>>
>>35395423
why is it gay to have a clean ass?
>>
>>35395430
I think he means so you dont get poo dick
>>
I have IBS and started taking Align probiotic pills. After the first few weeks of adjustment it has changed my life. I rarely have symptoms anymore and the gas which had gotten out of control is much more manageable
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.