[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If calisthenic excercise is really physically demanding (one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
File: girl.jpg (98 KB, 599x591) Image search: [Google]
girl.jpg
98 KB, 599x591
If calisthenic excercise is really physically demanding (one armed push up, pistol squat, one armed hand stand push ups, front levers, planches, pull ups, etc)

why are women and children able to do them
>>
File: girl2.jpg (79 KB, 960x628) Image search: [Google]
girl2.jpg
79 KB, 960x628
>>
>>35384878
Because they are small underweight skellys, having real muscle is heavy
>>
File: girl3.jpg (52 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
girl3.jpg
52 KB, 480x360
>>
>>35384878

The heavier you are, the harder bodyweight exercises become in both relative and absolute terms.

Also there's fuck-all women and children who can do the more complicated ones. Those who can are generally long-time calisthenics trainees. There'd probably be more, but womens gymnastics doesn't emphasise physical strength the same way mens does.
>>
>>35384878
I kinda sorta feel like she can't actually do a front lever and that they just snapped that pic at the right moment. I've never seen a girl do a front lever.
>>
>>35384894
then how do you explain Al Kavadlo who got to his physique with bodyweight excercises only?
>>
File: skellflex.jpg (209 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
skellflex.jpg
209 KB, 1600x1200
>>35384878
>calisthenic excercise is really physically demanding
>>
>>35384919
That is not even a correctly performed front lever, dude. Her arms are bent. There is a world of difference between doing the bodyweight holds with bent arms vs fully straight arms.
>>
File: fortress.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fortress.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>35384936
if they arent demanding, then how do you explain fortress who does nothing but bodyweight excercises

his physique is close to as big as he'll ever be natty, and he doesnt lift weights
>>
>>35384931
Al Kavadlo prolly weighs like 120lbs
>>
File: image.jpg (451 KB, 1793x1213) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
451 KB, 1793x1213
>>35384931
>Skelly
>with gyno
>explain
Lel
>>
>>35384959
He does pull ups with higher weight resistance than just body weight. If you stick to JUST bodyweight you won't get that big. And I've seen videos of him doing deadlifts and clean n press.
>>
>>35384967
That yoga pose is so fucking horrible for your spine health.
>>
>>35384963
Al Kavadlo is 5’11” – 180 cm @ 160 lbs – 72 kg
>>
>>35384976
ive never seen him do weighted pullups

and that clean n press video was a one time upload of him proving a point about getting a pump in the gym being an illusion of more muscle mass
>>
>>35384878
This has to be b8 right?

It's relative to your weight, it's only effective if you are fat/ actually have musclemass.
>>
Very very few women can perform a one armed pushup properly. Just a handful of elite athletes. Very few men can as well.

To really do them right, keep your feet close together (not spread eagle) and touch your chest to the floor. Don't tell me Calisthenic exercises are easy unless you can do this easily.
>>
File: en_a13tab01.jpg (154 KB, 368x440) Image search: [Google]
en_a13tab01.jpg
154 KB, 368x440
Male gymnasts have an average bmi of 24 with single digit body fat. That's not quite natty limit, but certainly not skelly either.

Calisthenics can build mass at least for core and upper body. I would still do oly lifts for lower body strength in addition to bodyweight stuff
>>
File: get aload of this guy.jpg (75 KB, 503x291) Image search: [Google]
get aload of this guy.jpg
75 KB, 503x291
>>35385009
>a one armed pushup properly
>EL OH EL
Did you seriously compare yourself to elite athletes?
>To really do them right, keep your feet close together (not spread eagle)
That was easy as fuck as well.I never do calisthenics fyi.
Calisthenics are inefficient at building muscle period.Enjoy your no legs gayboy
>>
>>35385263
>doing a one arm push up with your legs closed

Get out

I know your lying fat ass. You don't even lift lol
>>
>>35385278
I did left hand as well.Breh pls understand
>>
>>35385288
God among men family
>>
>>35385009
>>35385278
one armed pushups aren't that hard bro, they're more technique than actual strength unless you're dyel. If you want to talk about elite calisthenics exercise at least use planche pushups or freestanding handstand pushups
>>
>>35384936
try doing a one arm pull up
>>
>>35384878
Lol for not knowing one armed pushups are easy. I don't know what country you're from but in America we have freedom...freedom to lift weights and do calisthenics.
>>
>>35385692
Yeah lets see a one armed pull-up, planche pushups, 30 second v sit holds, hand stand pushups, strict muscle ups.
>>
>>35384878
Don't forget that women and children can lift too.
>>
>throwing your 55-60kg body around
>demanding

give me a fucking break
>>
>>35384878
Bodyweight training is more about your strength: weight ratio rather than absolute strength

Children are good at gymnastics and calisthenics (aka gymnastics for plebs) because of the square cube law

No idea what you're talking about with women tho. One of the hardest holds in gymnastics is the Victorian and I swear that's only been performed properly by males
>>
>>35386435

To be fair, at least part of that is because womens gymnastics doesn't really use the disciplines where you'd expect someone to develop/train to performing it.

Whether or not they could even then is a different question, but right now no-one is trying.
>>
>>35384878
I wouldn't know about women being naturally good at calisthenics. Granted, they weigh less, but they're also a lot weaker. My gf is skinny as fuck (50/52kg 170cm) and can´t do a single pull up to save her life.

I'm 68kg, 178cm and can now do 12 pull ups only after a few months of training at them (could only do two when I started). I stalled at 9, bought a 16kg kettlebell, started doing them with that (can only do 3 or 4 with that on) and now I'm up to 12 without it.

calisthenics is great but breaking plateaus is extremely slow and frustrating if you don't add weight.
>>
File: victoryy.jpg (26 KB, 366x594) Image search: [Google]
victoryy.jpg
26 KB, 366x594
>>35384878

Ok now lets see a woman and kids do a maltese, cross, inverted cross, or victorian.
>>
>>35384918

so what you're implying is that people of high weight are weak, no matter what.

shouldn't strong people still be able to do 20 pull ups?
>>
>>35387428

If they're really strong, yes. But strength doesn't scale linearly with bodyweight. Its the same reason a 3xBW deadlift is basically unremarkable for a 132lb lifter but its a world record if you're a SHW.
>>
>>35387438

bodybuilders doing competitions are weak-as-fuck in general when you compare them to people who have less muscle mass

there's no real point in being arnold tier unless you are retarded and want to look like a gorilla
>>
>>35384878
Errr. you're aware that a front lever is in the lowest skill category in olympic rings right? Front levers are not at all impressive for genuine calisthenics athletes, just show-offs who are trying to look all Barstarzz on their instagrams. Women are basically incapable of doing planches. 1-armed pushups are a bit of meme skill, they don't carry over that well to anything else. Do planche progressions instead. One armed handstand pushups are frankly impossible and currently non-existant. pullups aren't a hard calisthenics exercise either.

Here's the easiest way to look at it. tell me how many olympics womens gymnasts there are participating in rings and pommel horse. None. Because it's too demanding a set of skills for them to be able to pull it off at that tier. So they stick to stuff that has high strength demands, but also a lot of flexibility and momentum such as uneven bars.
>>
>>35385104
as I understand it most sports involve training with external resistance, whether it's sprinting, swimming or gymnastics.
>>
>>35386749
none of those are calisthenic exercises.
>>
File: 1432667614588.jpg (95 KB, 337x367) Image search: [Google]
1432667614588.jpg
95 KB, 337x367
>>35387456
>people with more muscle mass are "weak as-fuck" compared to people with less muscle mass
>>
>>35387456
>being this mad that you'll never achieve gorilla mode
>stay mad u babby squirrel monkey
>>
>>35384878
Could be to do with body weight and limitations on maximum lift.
>>
>>35384980
It could also cause mad cow disease.
>>
>>35390243
Out of line joke excuse me, frustrated with nearby onlookers.
>>
>>35384878
>>35387456

Dunno, this guy not small by any means and strong as hell, body by calisthenics and movement

> https://www.youtube.com/watchv=I34uQf2K3rE

climbs a rope like a freaking Spiderman too

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YabgDXi9-Ms
>>
Are these all gymnasts natty?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.