[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my journey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1441834478416.png (148 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1441834478416.png
148 KB, 600x900
How many calories do you burn per day exercising, and how many calories have you cut from your diet since you began your journey to becoming a fitizen?

I'm starting my journey on January first, I eat like 3500 calories per day right now, all bad calories, pizza, white rice, curry, etc. I'm planning on exercising 2 hours daily, which should allow me to burn 1000 calories, maybe 1250, and I'll be cutting my food down from 3500, for 2 weeks to 3000, then 2 weeks later to 2500, and then 2 weeks after that to 2000 which I'll stop at and just maintain.

I'm planning to do this for 6 months, and right now I weigh 220lbs, at 5'11. By June 30th I want to be around 160lbs to 170lbs.

How's my plan? Of course I'll only be eating healthy, sandwiches, wraps, burgers, etc and exercise will come from treadmill plus my biking and maybe some early morning jogs once or twice a week.

Wish me luck, and share your weight loss experiences please!
>>
Eat clean dumbass, a half a pound a day is defininitely doable, just avoid carbs except on weekends and you're good.

Also STICKY.
>>
>>35384255

I should also add go down to 1200 or 1300, you aren't gonna meet your goal in that timeframe with 2k
>>
>>35384245
>sandwiches, wraps, burgers
>bread, tortillas, buns
>carbs, carbs, carbs
>>
>Frogposting trump supporter
>obese
What a surprise.
>>
why plan on only doing it for 6 months?

why are you waiting for january when you can fuckin start right now?

you need to find your TDEE and then subtract calories from that. google any one of the calculators and try and find one where you can pick and choose what algorithm it uses to come up with the number. also leave your activity level at sedentary. this well give you a ballpartk figure of calories to aim for. the number it gives you, subtract 500 from, and thats the amount of calories you can eat every day, wehter or not you excercise. consider your workouts not burning anything and just eat that number. this is called a cut.

also start lifting now or you will hate yourself later.

if you have anyquestions just ask
>>
File: 1449974824118.jpg (145 KB, 1280x765) Image search: [Google]
1449974824118.jpg
145 KB, 1280x765
>>35384291
DJ Trump is #1
>>
>>35384298

What should I lift? I was thinking about getting one of those pull up bars you can put in your doorway, and maybe some of those dumbbells, how many lbs should I get, up to 50lbs?

Also yeah my TDEE is like 2700 lol, isn't it not safe to cut to 1200-1300?

And by 6 months I mean that's my goal, but I'll continue to maintain this lifestyle, except at that point I want to start lifting, but I guess it makes more sense to lift while losing weight, so I don't get flappy skin I guess
>>
>>35384527

Yes its safe to cut to 1200, it is the bare minimum and do not go below it or you'll enter starvation mode.
>>
Why are you waiting for the beginning of the year? How about taking the initiative and get started right

N
O
W
>>
>>35384527
Well depending on what algorithm you used. Did you leave activity level sedentary? I used the obese algorithm and my TDEE is 2040 but I'm eating 1700 calories and dropping weight quick. But I exercise 6day a week and run 3 time a week.
>>
>>35384527
And yes Dumbbells and a bench is a good start. You're probably too weak for pull-ups right now but get one anyways and do negatives
>>
>>35384562

I put sedentary because I do walk around the house a lot and go out shopping and stuff a few times a day, so not totally a couch potato

And what are negative pull ups?
>>
I should really start eating less, I'm getting fatter day by day.
>>
>>35384245
You're delusional if you believe you can go several months eating exactly right on a dime if you can't even start now. LIFT. READ THE STICKY.

shit new years hits us on the board as much as it does at the gym

unrelated, went to the gym today and it was completely full, never happens. everybody there stayed for 20-30 minutes TOPS (kek). does this happen to you guys right after christmas but before new years?
>>
I wonder if I was this annoying and unaware of fitness before I started lifting.

READ THE STICKY, GET A BEGINNERS LIFTING ROUTINE AND STICK TO IT, START NOW, TRACK WHAT YOU EAT

fucking newyear scum
>>
>>35384736
negatives are where you jump up and hold yourself in the up position and then slowly let yourself back down
>>
>>35384882
>>35384871

Okay I'll start tomorrow then. Good night, must be up at 10:00am.

Also, would it be okay to post weekly updates to /fit/? I'll use like, BL4CK5N4K3 as my name I guess so you guys know its me, maybe every 2 weeks even... But yeah, I'll post updates around January 4/5.

Thanks for the help everyone! I'll weigh myself officially tomorrow and post an update too.

>>35384915

Ah I see, well thank you!
>>
>>35385055

this isn't your blog fatty

read the sticky and fuck off
>>
>>35385063
this is what /fit/ is about
>>
Guys I was just dreaming and I don't want to be fat anymore

Will lifting and getting fit give me more self esteem and help me out with my self confidence to talk to girls?
>>
>>35385217
yes but there's a 50% chance you'll still hate yourself and everyone around you
>>
File: lemustachepepe.png (13 KB, 528x424) Image search: [Google]
lemustachepepe.png
13 KB, 528x424
>>35384245
your going to keep at it for a week and quit fatty
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.