[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I work my shoulders without working my lats? I want a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3
File: thin.jpg (412 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
thin.jpg
412 KB, 2048x1536
How can I work my shoulders without working my lats? I want a body like pic related. I want larger shoulders and SLIGHTLY larger arms, but I want a thin torso. I absolutely despise how large lats look and I want to avoid them at all costs. Tips on how to get a very slim waist would also be appreciated. I want to look like a snake with arms / THIN swimmer build. My body is naturally a bit stockier with larger obliques (which I also hate) and very wide shoulders, so I'm not naturally tall and thin and will have to work on this shape fyi.
>>
>>35381077
just.......fuck off.
>>
just lift
worry about specialization once you actually have some muscle, which I guarantee you isn't going to happen overnight. u aint gonna do one set of pulldowns and have huge lats you fucker.
>>
>>35381077
I know OP is always a faggot, but damn you are rising the bar
>>
>>35381077
>THIN swimmer build
>swimmer
>no lats
u wot m8
>>
>>35381077

lats will make your waist look even smaller, due to a V shape.

why wouldnt you want good lats? if you just want wider shoulders, do lat raises or shoulder presses
>>
File: 1446594082668.png (67 KB, 616x596) Image search: [Google]
1446594082668.png
67 KB, 616x596
>>35381077
>>
I'm a little lost OP big lats usually make your upper torso seem wider and your waist seem smaller
>>
>>35381077
A:
OHP 3x5
Incline bench 3x10
Lateral raises 3x10
Rear delt flies 3x10
Rope push downs 3x10

B:
Squat 5x5
Leg curl 3x10
Quad extension 3x12
Incline curls 3x10
Concentration curls 3x10

ABxAxBx
>>
>>35381123
You misunderstand. I don't want ANY. I want to avoid them at all cost.

>>35381088
>>35381124
What is this shit?

>>35381138
I seem to have forgotten blue boards are useless for any real info.

>>35381143
No. I don't want my waist to look slimmer by comparison. I want it to be slimmer period.

>why wouldnt you want good lats?
Because I think they look like shit. I fucking loathe that bodybuilder look and the lats are the thing I detest most about it. I bring this up, btw because I've already been working my deltoids on and off for a while and I tend to notice my lats hurt almost as much as my shoulders, which worries me.

>if you just want wider shoulders, do lat raises or shoulder presses
I've been doing lateral raises on and off. Doesn't that work the lats too though? Shoulder press is pretty vague. There are all kinds of shoulder presses. I've tried the Schwarzeneggar Raise/Press too because it was recommended for all heads, but that one really seems to work the lats too.

>>35381167
Stop the illusion shit. I'm not interesting in "fooling" people into thinking I have a smaller waist. I know the difference.
>>
>>35381188
b8
>>
>>35381215
Jesus Christ you're retarded.
>>
>>35381188
If you're not doing actual lat work then don't worry about them growing. They're a tough muscle to build, it's not going to happen by accident even if you get some soreness. Do the routine I posted above and eat slightly above maintenance. Cut once your shoulders and arms are big enough.
>>
>>35381227
>They're a tough muscle to build
That's what I thought but I'm paranoid. I'll take this as a cue to chill on worrying about them.

Additionally, why does everyone always bulk and cut in separate steps? Can't you just ramp up protein and lower carbs and fat (to a degree) and still lose fat and gain muscle? I can't see why that wouldn't work but nobody seems to do it this way.
>>
>>35381077
>>35381188
Delt work will work your lats a little as well, because when the rear delts work the scapulae retract, and lats are also a scapulae retractor. Your shoulder blade needs to be retracted in order for your shoulder muscle to function correctly. This can be toned down slightly by doing your raises with thumbs pointed 45 degrees downward(internal rotation), and avoiding rear delt work like face pulls and bent over raises. However your shoulders will be very unbalanced, arms you'll be at risk for a labrum or rotator cuff injury.

Or, you know, just don't be a faggot
>>
>>35381188
If you are avoiding exercises that specifically target the lats, you don't need to worry about them growing, seriously. Just don't do pull ups or chin ups, and do reverse flies instead of lat raises to target the rear delts. You will look retarded sooner or later, btw, but that's your problem.
>>
>>35381077
Kill yourself, you weak faggot.
>>
>>35381247
You can do that but it takes longer. Its more efficient to just pile on a load of weight, thus making sure you're gaining as much muscle as possible, then cut the surplus fat. Personally I don't do that because I hate having high body fat, but even eating at a slight maintenance, every 10lbs or so you put on is guaranteed to include some fat unless you eat really clean.
>>
>>35381266
You know, you dumb faggots are only proving ever more that "getting big" is an insecurity performance.

>>35381267
I still don't get how this is supposed to work. This implies the body can only perform metabolism OR tissue building, but not both. I'm highly skeptical of that. I don't really want to get big anyway. I want to be small actually, with a bit of muscle tone.
>>
The New Years is strong in this thread.
>>
>>35381077
>Tips on how to get a very slim waist would also be appreciated.
https://www.t-nation.com/training/best-exercise-for-a-smaller-waist
>>
>>35381267
>but even eating at a slight maintenance
Slightly above or below, you imbecile?
>>
>>35381288
>This implies the body can only perform metabolism OR tissue building, but not both.
It's pretty simple, if you eat below maintenance, energy will preferably be used to make you survive. The body thinks you are going through a difficult phase, so of course it will only build up the least amount of muscle that is necessary. To the body fat reserves are precious. If you are eating above or just at maintenance, the body thinks everything is fine, so it can use that time to make your body stronger.

>You know, you dumb faggots are only proving ever more that "getting big" is an insecurity performance.
Well, most of the people here know that a disproportionate body looks like shit, even if you are really big. You may think that you don't want lats, because you obviously don't know shit about the anatomy involved, but you probably will be unhappy with your body at some point.
>>
>>35381288
If you know exactly how many calories you need to gain 0.5lbs a week, and you eat very healthily, you'll probably never need to cut. Usually though people don't know this information accurately, so they either undereat and gain at a slower rate, or overeat and put on some fat with it. It's easier just to overestimate to ensure that you're building muscle more quickly, and just do a cut every now and then to shed any fat.
>>
>>35381367
Obviously above
>>
>>35381376
Ah, that makes infinitely more sense.

>>35381372
>It's pretty simple, if you eat below maintenance, energy will preferably be used to make you survive. The body thinks you are going through a difficult phase, so of course it will only build up the least amount of muscle that is necessary.
I guess that makes sense, like the other guy said, most people just don't calculate so it's easier to just overeat. Still not what I'm going to do since I don't really want to bulk anyway. If by lifting and not doing cardio (I've worked my heart enough) I can just lose weight and only gain minimal muscle, I'm perfectly happy with that.

>Well, most of the people here know that a disproportionate body looks like shit, even if you are really big. You may think that you don't want lats, because you obviously don't know shit about the anatomy involved, but you probably will be unhappy with your body at some point.
Protip: most guys who work out look like shit. Yes, even and especially on this board. You all exercise WAY too much and put on too much wait and look like gross over-inflated baloons.
[spoiler]It won't make your peepee bigger. Sorry.[/spoiler]
>>
> I want to look like a snake with arms / THIN swimmer build.
>swimmer build
>swimmer
>swimming

fucking go swimming you retard you answered your own question.
>>
>>35381430
I would really like too, but all indoor pools use WAY too much fucking chlorine.
>>
Get the fuck out of here op. Low tier bait m8
>>
>>35381480
Shut your face, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>35381489>>35381489
Haha really got him with that fag
>>
>>35381444
Then use an outdoor pool?
>>
>>35381513
In the winter? Everything's closed.
>>
>>35381444
jesus why are you such a fucking whiner
>>
>>35381415
>Protip: most guys who work out look like shit. Yes, even and especially on this board. You all exercise WAY too much and put on too much wait and look like gross over-inflated baloons.
>[spoiler]It won't make your peepee bigger. Sorry.[/spoiler]
If you disagree that much with the aesthetics propagated on this board then either do your own research and piss off or just shut the fuck up about it. I'm not really aiming for a huge build either, but at some point you'll realize that getting bigger isn't a process that somehow changes depending on what your goal is. You need to do it efficiently either way. You won't get too big by accident.
>>
Literally fucking kill yourself you autistic shit stain. I don't know if I've seen anyone more retarded on this board. Worse than the guy that did GOMAD and only drank milk no food.

You workout to be fit and healthy overall. Aesthetics are just a bonus from being determined and sticking with it.

Your lats won't explode overnight. Infact to get to flying squirrel mode you really have to work for it and target that muscle group.

So keep doing your gay little calisthenics workout and eat at 700 kcal a day and you'll get the cute little twink body you're going after.

>London?
>>
>>35381077

Hack Squats
>>
Shittiest thread Ive seen all week. OP is supreme faggot
>>
>>35381567
Why you such a tryhard?

>>35381574
I got the information I needed. If I need more, I'll try to remember that blueboards = shit. I haven't spent much time on 4chan lately and forgot this rule.

>>35381592
You're so mad.

>only drank milk no food.
Lol

>So keep doing your gay little calisthenics workout and eat at 700 kcal a day and you'll get the cute little twink body you're going after.
So. Fucking. Mad. Holy shit, have twinks consistently turned you down?
>>
lmao what a supreme fuccboi
>>
>>35381574
>You won't get too big by accident.
What a shitty meme. I started taking creatine last friday, and I grew so much that night I accidentally pushed my girlfriend off the bed. She was furious and broke up with me in the morning because I was too big.
>>
>>35381618
You get stupid answers when you do stupid questions. Dont blame the board, blame yourself.
>>
>>35381077
wtf
>>
>>35381677
Lel
>>
>>35381415
How did it take me this long to just give in and acknowledge that this faggot is just baiting us all?
>>
>>35381077
You want to look like a 12yr old?
>>
>>35381574
>You won't get too big by accident.
my arms got too big for me to fit through a doorframe, I've been stuck in the gym since August
>>
>>35381415
>Protip: most guys who work out look like shit. Yes, even and especially on this board. You all exercise WAY too much and put on too much wait and look like gross over-inflated baloons.
>[spoiler]It won't make your peepee bigger. Sorry.[/spoiler]
maybe pro bodybuilders on roids look like shit, I agree, but "most guys who work out", yeah you're delusional, you're just justifying your lazy ass. ANY woman will prefer the body of a man that works out over the body of one who sits on his ass all day
>>
If pic is you, you look a lot like pre-roids zyzz/Jon Skywalker

You would look insane geared up m8
>>
>>35381077
Shoulder press will be your friend in this situation. Builds all 3 parts of the deltoids and a small segment of your bicepts. Do seated dumbell press, side dumbell raises, standing barbell shoulder press then ez bar uprows
>>
>>35381077

The dude in your pic has some pretty good lats.
>>
>>35381077
This is a really dangerous mindset, man. You have to work with what you have. Realize that certain goal bodies are just impossible for certain people.
>>
>>35383308
Ayyy lmao
>>
>>35381415
bro not everybody picks up a barbell and becomes rick papatino
>>
This is the best b8 thread I've seen in fucking ages.

God damn, OP, you really nailed it.
>>
File: fukoff.jpg (943 KB, 1400x1728) Image search: [Google]
fukoff.jpg
943 KB, 1400x1728
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=manly_suicide
>>
>>35381188
>blue boards are useless for any real info

Go ask /b/ you faggot edge lord. Or if troll, 9.5/10 really nailed it
>>
how the fuck do you work lats when trying to build shoulders?
do a shoulder press, incline bench press for some chest and shoulders, shoulder flies, rear delt flies, face pulls.
you hit every head of you shoulders and none of those hit lats.
>>
Post pic OP
>>
>>35386102
>none of those hit lats.
You're worse than OP
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.