[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you care for your joints /fit/? Have any of you every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: explodingknees.jpg (232 KB, 3117x2625) Image search: [Google]
explodingknees.jpg
232 KB, 3117x2625
How do you care for your joints /fit/?

Have any of you every dealt with patellar tracking disorder?
How did you fix it?
I'm doing a lot of quad/ITB stretching but haven't noticed a big difference.
>>
>>35375809
Wide stance box squats, push knees out
>>
Patellar tendonitis here shit sucks, but keeping limber and adding the right muscle prevents most problems
>>
File: 1449621837399.jpg (266 KB, 905x881) Image search: [Google]
1449621837399.jpg
266 KB, 905x881
I'm quire sure i have this. My left knee hurts so badly when i go down stairs.

I can sqaut and do everything else without pain so i dont mind too badly.

I've started to stretch my quads more these days.

Good luck OP
>>
>>35375856
Thanks brah, I've found that doing cycling sprints as a warm up really helps with the pain before squats.
>>
>>35375824
Yeah I have been experimenting with wider stance squats over the past few weeks, so far so good
>>
>>35375809
I just want to put this out there. Joint supplements were clinically proven to be ineffective 6 years ago, so don't bother with them. Stick to stretches and physical therapy type stuff.
>>
>>35375893

>falling for the all-natural jew
>>
>>35375893
Never bothered with them, I only take fish oil
>>
>>35375899
>implying I think all supplements are bad
>implying clinical trials are lying
Joint fluid is composed primarily of aldonic acids. When taking the supplements, if they reach the stomach they will react with the stomach acid and change completely. However, it is also impossible for them to be absorbed into the cells before the stomach either because of their negative charge.
>>
>>35375809
Dont do leg extensions, they destroy your knees
>>
My knee problems were fixed by stretching the hams/hips and high rep (20-50) leg extensions with a slow negative. Suffered about two years from plica syndrome and a slight patellar maltrackingon right knee.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.