[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
Why not do something that benefits you body more and is a more useful skill. The best runners in the world are for more gifted and hard working than the best weightlifters. They also live a longer and healthier life. TLDR;Lifting sucks. Runnings good.
>>
>not lifting three times a week and jogging six times a week
Gotta go for overall health bros
>>
>>35373638
No use lifting at all unless you are an athlete who needs the competitive edge
>>
>>35373630
>runners don't lift

You're a stupid sack of shit OP.
>>
>>35373630
How do I into good running shoes. Also how do I into not fucking up my knees.
>>
>>35373630
and yet still slower than an average 3 year old deer who's never run in its life
>>
Im with op... My body is nice. Women notice me more then these fat muscle idiots bulking like fatboys. Lol
>>
File: 1451099138174.jpg (409 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451099138174.jpg
409 KB, 1920x1080
>>35373630

Lifting is only an exercise of pure vanity. And even then, it distorts the human body into a shape that is neither natural or sustainable.

Look at all of the protein you have to consume to maintain a zyzz type physique. Without industrially processed meat, you would need to kill 2-3 chickens per day and a cow or pig every week just to maintain a bloated, puffy build.

Man is designed to run.
>>
>>35373638
2bh, I do both for the overall health. Bulking while having two cardio days per week so that I can retain my running edge.

I won't get juicy, but I hope I can achieve a lifeguard bod as at the end.
>>
>>35373630
Sprinters lift pretty hard, and basically everyone but marathon runners does something with weights.

But seriously, the key to aesthetics, sexual prowess and feeling good about your body is a rigorous combination of cardio and lifting. At the very minimum, lifting three times a week and doing HIIT the other days, but ideally more cardio volume than that.
>>
>>35373630
>Kenya
Roid central of the world, along with Jamaica.
>>
But I do run, anon.

Used to hate it, I'm not a big fan of cardio or I never wasn't and even though I lifted a lot, my cardio gains were poor.

So on a cut I forced myself to do it, started doing HIIT and steady cardio and also uphill running. Feels fab man, gains has been great and it feels more satisfying that lifting to be honest. And my overall gains are better than never.

Gotta do some cardio too, boys. Seriously, you are missing out if you don't. Start with HIIT, feels fab when the adrenaline kicks in and you can imagine running for your dear life.

Just do it, if you don't do cardio, there's no way you are making it. Lifting won't enhance your lung capability.
>>
>>35375363
>muscular physique is not natural
then why is it visually attractive?
>>
>>35375470
>basically everyone but marathon runners does something with weights.
not true, every pro athlete in every discipline lifts
>>
File: caber-toss-1-o.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
caber-toss-1-o.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>35375363
If you are african then the predominance of fast-twitch muscle fibers would suggest adaptation towards running.

if you are northern-european the predominance of slow-twitch muscle fibers would suggest you are adapted towards strength.
>>
>>35373653
>implying having muscle mass doesn't help u live a long healthy life
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.