[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who fell for the squat and deadlift meme this year? How badly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: meme_victim.jpg (44 KB, 875x549) Image search: [Google]
meme_victim.jpg
44 KB, 875x549
Who fell for the squat and deadlift meme this year? How badly do you regret it?
>>
>>35369049
Go away
>>
my back is feel a bit weird from high bar ATG squats, butt wink. haven't been really mindful of keeping my core tight and chest up (particularly last squat session...)

I should really stop being such a fucking idiot before I herniate a disk and squat better. I know it's not a flexibility issue, it's a cueing/tightness thing.
>>
>>35369049
>Squatting for less than a two month
>Already 60kg for 3x5
>Deadlifting 82kg
>No more lower back pain since I use correct form
Enjoy your legless body OP :^)
>>
>>35369093

yeah shit breh i kinda was unconcentrated after a long work day last squat session.
nothing serious just a muscular thing that went away after a few days.
you really need to focus on this shit it can be hard sometimes.
>>
>>35369094
>60kg squat
>80kg dl
>calling other people legless

Are you a woman?
>>
File: 1445027911816.jpg (10 KB, 250x235) Image search: [Google]
1445027911816.jpg
10 KB, 250x235
>6 fucking months out of the gym from an L5 hernia after not even going that heavy on deadlifts
>6
>FUCKING
>MONTHS

literally never doing squats/deads again family
>>
>>35369686
b- but it's w- worth it because it's a compound exercise!!! muh compound!!
>>
>>35369742
>get judged by autists
>not have to walk like an old man at 25

I know what I'd choose
>>
>>35369049
experienced back pains a few times this year. Nothing permanent tho, will keep doing squats and deadlift throughout next year.
>>
>No gym for nearly 2 months after tearing my back muscles open with deadlift
>basically all my muscles have vanished
t- thanks /fit/
>>
>>35369049
>>35369686
>>35369773
>>35370015

How much of a retard do you have to be to be unable to execute the squat or deadlift correctly? I mean, come the fuck on, anyone can go on yt and look up form videos.

You're all never going to make it
>>
Squats and deadlifts, both imperative for anyone serious about developing their athleticism and musculature to any respectable noteworthy level. If you just want to lift and have the legs/back of a 12 year old boy, skip both.
>>
The problem with deadlifts and squads is retards going for 1RM.
This is the best way to fuck your shit up.

>mfw do 4x10-15 with lower weight instead and never had an injury
>>
Oh wow this thread again.

Enjoy your nogains you beta aussie fuck.
>>
>>35370228

>mfw do 4x10-15 with lower weight instead and never had an injury

but its stupid ... every scientific result ever showed that lower volume more weight is better if you want to increase muscle size
>>
>>35370228

>The problem with deadlifts and squads is retards going for 1RM.
>and squads

Nigga da fuk u say bout my squad? Ill fuk u up cracka
>>
>Squats and deadlifts are the only two exercises in existence that build leg and back muscles.
>>
>>35370228
I was going to start doing this in the 15-20 range because I prefer muscular endurance. Would 5x15-20 be sufficient? I see you do 4 sets and I assume you added an extra set from the traditional 3 for more stress since youre using lighter weight with the 10-15 rep range.
>>
File: jonstoklosa2.jpg (172 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
jonstoklosa2.jpg
172 KB, 600x330
>>35369686
How the hell do you manage to be so fucking dumb? I'm not going to call you retarded because even some of them manage to pull it off.
>>
>>35370228
This is the point, I mean why the fuck would a recreational non competitive lifter test their 1RM, if you need it for programming you could calculate it with a 5RM or a 3RM
>>
Squats are a staple, but deadlifts are a legit meme excercise with heightened levels of very serious trauma.

You shouldn't be doing them unless you're preparing for a powerlifting tournament where it's on the menu.

How deadlifts still keep finding their way into any causal/beginners workoout plan is beyond my understanding.
>>
>>35369094
Let me know when you can hit 4pl8 before the first year fag
>mfw bunch of weakfags in this thread
>>
>>35370228
>>35370406
>why are people doing the things they want to do and have fun doing when they could be doing what I want them to do!
Beats me
>>
>>35370430
You're a fucking meme dude what could you possibly know about deadlifts that all the coaches and trainers in the world don't?
>>
>>35369049

been really curious about deadlifts but terrified of destroying my back for the rest of my life :(
>>
>>35370555
It will happen sooner or later desu senpai
>>
>>35370228
im pretty sure a bunch of studies (and if not, at least universal anecdotal evidence from Arnold amongst other pros) say that 15+ reps is ideal for legs anyway
>>
>>35370430
Ive started doing them because after over a year of lifting im starting to look weird with no traps, and I also think traps are sexy as fuark and they just dont get as sore the next day with shrugs or trap-bar than DLs
>>
>>35370544

>what could you possibly know about deadlifts that all the coaches and trainers in the world don't?

Wan't a funny story? My first personal trainer was a louse who got distracted one day and that was the day i bought the ticket to Snab Ciddy.

The doctor i was sent to was working excluseviley with oly and pl athletes, and when he asked me how i snapped my shit up, he asked why the fuck i was doing deadlifts in the first place.

I was tripping out in the forest back in May, and another crew joined us, and i see a guy who's real careful with his vertical axis movements, and i said deadlifts? Surely he said yes.

do you seriously take everything you read at face value senpai

/fit/ is made up of memes entirely, you'd have to be an absolute fucking madman to actually do what /fit/ says

i dread to think that some poor retard is afraid to talk to girls because he spends his days in local dick measuring threads and is now insecure
>>
>hurting your back with squats

Who do dis?
>>
>>35370623
post pic
>>
>daily reminder that Olympia winners aren't affraid of machines/isolations and don't give a fuck about their 1RM. All they care about is aesthetics

>daily reminder that powerlifters only care about their 1RM and don't give a fuck about aesthetics

now what kind of lifter do you wanna be? Squats and diddies are fine, just don't obsess about how much you lift. No one cares.
>>
>>35370678
>No one cares.
no one except for the most important person in your life... you know... YOU.
>>
>>35370629
>I fucked my shit up by ego lifting with incorrect form, and met another person who did the same while being a degenerate innawoods therefore deadlifts are a meme
>>
>>35370629
>My first personal trainer was a louse who got distracted one day and that was the day i bought the ticket to Snab Ciddy.
>relaying on some fucking hardcore broscientist pt to not fuck your shit up
Perhaps you should have done some fucking research before trying lifts that could potential fuck your shit up, how much were you even lifting when you broke your back?
>>
>>35370760
>considers getting a pt broscience
>does "research" by reading literal dumb broscience shit on the internet
>>
>>35369049
>Who fell for the squat and deadlift meme this year?
10000%
>How badly do you regret it?
not even a little bit.
high rep, low-weight deadlifts with proper form literally fixed my back.

no longer have any discs out of place.

deadlifts and ido portal movement training is GOAT for spine health and longevity.

everyone who tells you otherwise is too fucking retarded to lrn2 form.

just read becoming a supple leopard by kelly starret
>>
>>35370504
>pulls 4pl8
>thinks he's strong

Top kek
>>
>>35370790
>sourcing information from top experts in the relevant fields
>"dumb broscience shit on the internet"

99% of pt's are broscientist fucktards.
>>
File: kek.gif (491 KB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
491 KB, 500x220
>>35370401
>tfw a good amount of posters ITT are literally sub-retarded
>>
>>35370790
>considers getting a pt broscience
Didn't imply such thing, the average pt is a dudebro broscience spewing faggot, I'm yet to meet a decent PT and I have been in plenty of gyms
>by reading literal dumb broscience shit on the internet
If by that you mean on reading on actually proven and tested science sure I guess you are right
I'm still waiting for your answer because if you fucked your shit up then you were most likely lifting some heavy ass weight you shouldn't be lifting to begin with because you were so much of a complete newfag you needed a pt to check your form.
>>
File: 2015-12-24_00.31.18.jpg (105 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-24_00.31.18.jpg
105 KB, 1080x1080
0 regrets

Rip cured my anorexia
>>
>>35370430
>heightened levels of very serious trauma
scooby-doo my hamsandwich familia
>>
>>35370825
Yet whenever I tell /fit/ about my first year feats they always say I'm E-stating
>>
>>35370884
Same dude. I hit 4pl8 in six months. I was pulling 95-105% of my previous max every week.

I think the problem is most of /fit/ train like sissies and thinks anything other than 5x5 is wrong for a newbie.
>>
>>35370360
Wrong. Volume is the most important thing when it comes to hypertrophy.
>>
>>35371017

source
>>
>>35371022
http://www.strengtheory.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/
>>
>>35369049
bitch, i've got scoliosis and deadies are my fav exercis desu senpai.
never had back pain, normies be mirin and I'm on my way to that 2.5x bodyweight
>>
>>35370943
b-but I did 5x5 SL and then move onto madcow
>>
>>35370884
>>35370943
Please post your glorious, strong physiques
>>
>>35371654
jokes on you, I look like shit! I never implied my physique was good
>>
>>35370866
Legs made ur kok bigger :)
>>
>>35369094
Yeah I fucked up my back after like 8 or 10 months or something, can't remember. It has never been the same since. Wait until you get to the heavy weight.
>>
>squat went from 2-4pl8
>deadlift went from 3-5pl8

Lel thanks for making me look better fags.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 425x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 425x360
>>35371678
>jokes on you, I look like shit!
>>
>>35370864
don't forget, 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight
>>
>>35369962
>nothing permanent

Going for permanent?
>>
I run and bike and typically when I do squats, usually my legs/thighs absolutely lock up in massive cramping.
>>
>>35372580
>taking that much protein
AYY
>>
>>35371678
Keked
>>
>>35369049
Only recently broke free of that meme and damn it feels good. I was sort of in denial about wanting to actually look good. Squatting is a legit sign of mental illness if ur a recreational lifter desu senpaitachi
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.