[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Derma rolling acne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 432123-1234.jpg (249 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
432123-1234.jpg
249 KB, 1280x720
So /fit/ I have acne for awhile now and it doesn't seem to go away. Tried benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid for treatment, nothing is helping. Heard about derma rolling and thinking about giving it a try, any anon have any success story?
>>
>>35364514
Did you try cutting dairy?
>>
>>35364531
Well I do eat eggs everyday for breakfast it's part of my diet.
>>
>>35364561
>eggs
>dairy
As a Wisconsinite I want to kill you.
>>
>>35364514
Hey dumbass!
derma rolling is for removing scars, and smoothing out complexion, not for curing acne.
in fact, if you do it with acne, you will be piercing pores stuffed with bacteria and dirt and also piercing your skin, all that nasty stuff is going to spread around just under your skin, making infection a big risk and also possibly increasing risk for acne to scar.

you use a derma roller after you have cleared your acne, and are trying to deal with scarring
>>
Don't derma roll on acne, it'll just make it worse. Derma roll on acne scars.

The usual stuff:
> clean diet, try going on one of those allergy diets where you go without specific foods
> clean your bedding
> don't over wash
> high quality facial products (I use http://www.osmosisskincare.com/Clarify.aspx It's expensive, but will last me six-seven months. I'm not particularly stingy with it.)
> Chinese face mapping. Sounds silly, but it's spot on about my spots (hormonal being by the side of the chin).
> try something like http://www.genuinehealth.com/store/perfect-skin#.VnyrBYQ2xFI
>>
>>35364514
Basically the only thing that works for severe acne is accutane. You just have to decide whether the side effects are worth having clear skin. I know I went on it in high school and it cleared my skin up completely. The biggest side effects are that your skin and lips go completely bone dry and you can't drink excessively or you'll permanently fuck your liver. Overall it was worth it for me, since I used to get bullied quite a lot for my acne and probably would have killed myself if it weren't for accutane.
>>
>>35364514
I'd get a prescription for tretinoin. Call your insurance provider to give you a list of dermatologists that take your insurance near you.

The other anon is right though, dermatologist will ask if you consume milk products.

If you do, they will also advise you to cut it out of your diet.
>>
>>35364514
Wet a dressing with raw Apple cider vinegar or probiotic powder made into a paste, clean the area with isopropyl and apply the dressing and leave until dry.

Do that for a week or two and I'd be very surprised if it didn't relieve your acne and slow new breakouts down drastically.
>>
>>35364653
right there with you bro. I'm 20 and on accutane now. I didn't get on it during highschool and highschool was hell for me. I'm just hoping by the time I'm 21 my self esteem is still recoverable
>>
>>35364514

>wash face regularly
>no fap
>new pillow case everyday
>lots of water

Only reason I wrote no fap is because I know some people who break out when they cum. Im one of them. Ill break out the day after I have sex or jerk off, I went no fap for 2 weeks and my skin cleared up well
>>
>>35364514
Stay away from sugars.
Cut soda from your diet, helped me.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.