[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you first started going to the gym, how did you know you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Snap city here we come.jpg (99 KB, 534x700) Image search: [Google]
Snap city here we come.jpg
99 KB, 534x700
When you first started going to the gym, how did you know you were doing proper form? How did you avoid the road to snap city? Did you ask anyone else at the gym? Did you look it up on Google?

I want to know my lifts are in proper form but I don't want to be an autist and ask people stupid questions.
>>
>>35364228
mirror+videos
record yourself
>>
>>35364348
Sounds like a plan. Thanks bro
>>
>>35364228

Don't listen to anybody else because 9 times out of 10 they aren't using proper form either
>>
>>35364228

I had unwarranted remarks a big guy that quarter squats and PT that only ATGs comment on my parallel.
>>
exrx.net is a good resource for proper form gifs and descriptions
>>
Don't listen to people in commercial gyms.
Use the internet.
Start light, you're not going to snap your shit up with 1pl8 deadlifts.
>>
>>35364587
IMO it's actually really hit and fucking miss that site

A lot of the ones are bad...

e.g. cable rows, by default it assumes you should round your back and pull with your spine, using the spinal electors dynamically (?????)

and the Lateral Raise technique on that site... That's impingement city breh (and I think the upright row technique they show to). I by no means think Lateral raises and upright rows are dangerous excercises, if they're done properly they're great (and safe) delt excercises. But with the technique shown on exrx (which is how many do them actually) they're bad.
>>
>>35364228
There was only one time when I started that some buff Asian guy helped me with my deadlift form. Which I'm glad he did because it was horrible.
>>
File: 1408575780770.png (996 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
1408575780770.png
996 KB, 1400x1000
>>35364228
I was lucky enough to remember all the stuff from an expert trainer I went to a few years back. Once I started up again it all came flooding back, everything was like clockwork.
>>
>>35364228
Gym homie that was already going for 1 year brought me along
Taught me good form
Been going for 3 months now
Bless that guy
>>
>>35364625
Can you elaborate on how to safely do a lateral dumbbell raise?
>>
I film myself and compare my form to youtube vids.

From doing this i realised my butt was too high when deadlifting.
>>
Find your local powerlifting club and get coaching you fucking autists. Shit will be cheaper than whatever amount you pay for your shit bro gyms.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.