[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weak Knees
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: knee-pain.jpg (21 KB, 650x360) Image search: [Google]
knee-pain.jpg
21 KB, 650x360
I suspect myself of suffering from some tracking disorder of the kneecap, due to my hamstrings being too short, causing the caps to touch bones, causing pain.

I've started stretching every day. I want to squat with SSSL eventually.

I deadlifted a person some weeks ago and fucked my knees a little bit, felt discomfort ever since. Squat sessions also fuck my shit up, so, lately, I just wait until they get better, and I do hamstring stretches.

Any knee stories to relate? Any advice? Questions? Comments?

Will I ever get solid knees that don't hurt? Will I some day even be able to run without pain?
>>
Is static stretching good or bad? I heard of microtears, but static stretches are what were recommended to me to get them hamstrings longer so my knees can function normally.
>>
DEEP SQUATS ATG
>>
>>35361839

I think deep squats are more comfortable for the knees, but I could be wrong.

Why are you being retarded?
>>
if its patellofemoral syndrome you got, they say weak quads can be to blame. maybe try doing a few weeks of leg extensions and see if anything changes
>>
>>35361977

I'm ridiculously short on hamstrings. Even stretching them makes me feel kneecap pains, so I'm pretty sure that's the problem now.
>>
>>35361977
>hey say weak quads can be to blame.

Mine are good. I can touch my ass with my heels, but I can't touch the floor or my toes with legs straight. Imbalance for sho.
>>
>>35362003
>been doing SL for 9 months
>early on on squats fuck right knee going up on 2nd set
>limping for 2 weeks but good after
>6 months later right knee starts feeling sore out of no where
>goes after a few days rest
>decide to lay off squats and deads
>soreness keeps coming back until one day because I was away from home and I had to walk back pain progressed to where I couldn't walk for a few days
>thing it patellar tendinitis, go to doc, MRI scan, nothing unusual
>go to physio, says could be patellar pain syndrome and she recommends wall squats and strengthening exercises
>also start foam rolling lower body and doing stretches every day

OP you think you and I could have the same problem? How can i tell if its patellofemoral syndrome?

>since a week of rest and wall squats
>can walk alight, no reduction of movement, but pain all the time when i walk and use the knee.
>>
Any point in wearing knee sleeves/braces?
>>
File: 1283799100892.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1283799100892.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>35361718
Fucking hell.

Yesterday i went on a run. I've been lifting instead of running recently and had not gone on a run for a while due to university. Anyhow, i didn't properly warm up / stretch before, because i wanted to return home before nightfall.

40 minutes in, I suddenly felt this pain in one of my knees, like i took an arrow in it or something. Waited a bit, stretched a bit and it got better, couldn't run home, but managed to jog.

Learnt my lesson though: always fucking stretch and warm up. At least 10 minutes or something. You can never stretch/warm up enough. I just hope I didn't do some serious damage, because my knees felt kinda weird today.
>>
>>35362073
Only if a doctor tells you to.
>>
>>35362039

It sounds similar to my problem, yes.

Are you flexible?
>>
>>35362094
>because my knees felt kinda weird today.

If that's all you feel, just rest until it comes back. You'll be fine.

I tried running once, fucked me up for 2 months at least.
>>
>>35362140
I only started stretching 3 days ago.
>>
>>35362161

That's probably it. What I learned yesterday was that if the muscles aren't flexible enough, on any side, it'll force the caps into bad tracking and that'll cause pain, directly or indirectly.

You need more flexibility, like me. Once you're flexible enough, in theory, the caps won't be forced into contact with other bones and there won't be pain.

That's what I'm hoping, but yes, it sounds like that's the problem for both of us.

How long does stretching take, in the grand scheme of things? Weeks, months? Years?
>>
>>35362160
Yeah i do think so as well. I'll try again next week, and keep lifting till then. I'll also be more careful i guess.

What the hell did you, and how, that had you fucked up for 2 months though?
>>
>>35362182
what do you stretch?

this site has a good guide http://www.fix-knee-pain.com/patellar-tendonitis-knee-tendonitis/
>>
>>35362182
Not op or the other guy but for me it took about a month before I noticed significant results.
>>
>>35362191
>What the hell did you,

2008, suddenly decided to get fit, all at once. Ran for 2 hours, lifted nonsense afterwards. Fucked my entire legs for months. Couldn't even walk without pain.

I was a moron.
>>
>>35362218

I stretch hamstrings and some calves.
>>
>>35362289
Kek. First time I decided to run I went all research. Decided will run with forefoot cause my knee already is kinda fucked up. Little did I know what that meant for calfs. Couldn't walk for 4 days.
>>
>>35362289
Haha i actually thought about jokingly asking "did you try to run a mini marathon after a lifetime of sitting around?" Didn't think it would've hit home.
>>
>>35362328

Right on.
>>
>>35362328

I thought I was gonna get fit in one session...
>>
I stretched a ton today and now i get this:

>slight numbness in legs and feet
>feels cold then warm

darfuq?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.