[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I deadlift at home and benchpress. I always slowly put them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1450541901229.jpg (138 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1450541901229.jpg
138 KB, 960x960
I deadlift at home and benchpress.

I always slowly put them down on my carpeted floor. I've been doing this for 2 years now.

How much can I safely deadlift at home. Right now I only deadlift 300 max
>>
Are you on the second floor? If so, stop. You will fall through the floor.
>>
Do you realize how fucking dumb that sounds? Do you think the bottom floors of houses are solid concrete? This place is full of teenagers
>>
the most I'd do at home is 200lbs
>>
>>35362638
The bottom floors of newer houses are solid concrete though.
>>
>>35362389
I have a piano on my second floor. Will... will it fall through the floor? If I deadlift it?
>>
>>35362638
Depends on the house senpai
>>
>>35362680
>He doesn't regularly deadlift pianos for maximum gainz
>>
>>35362678
What. The. Fuck. Are. You. Talking. About?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No they are not, you know fuck all and CLEARLY have never been involved in construction. Ever. For a house to have a SOLID concrete foundation all the way down to the frost line would be tens and tens of thousands JUST in concrete. Why do I even come here
>>
>>35362638
Bottom floor of my house is solid concrete. I put wood down when I lift on it though, because I'm not trying to crack my foundation dropping iron weights like some jackass.
>>
>>35362696
Foundations don't go under the whole house. Holy shit these guys are imbeciles
>>
>>35362696
I have mineral rights to my property, my foundation goes to the core of the earth.
>>
File: 1396386820279.jpg (54 KB, 388x400) Image search: [Google]
1396386820279.jpg
54 KB, 388x400
The main concern for OP seems that carpet.

Why dont you buy some rubber floors for the area where you lift??

http://www.rubberflooringinc.com/rubber-roll/8mm-rubber-roll.html
>>
>>35362698
I quit. See ya guys. No one in this thread is over 21 years old.
>>
>>35362638
Dont worry I man, I got the sarcasm.
>>
>>35362696
That solid 5 inch slab is still solid, anon
>>
>American houses doesn't have concrete floors

How do you live with yourselves?¿
>>
>>35364282
Literally if your house has a concrete floor it's probably because you live in a mudhut shithole that doesn't know about foundations. I'm not even murrican.

>>35361518
It'll probably be ok if you use bumpers, and I'd invest in some blocks or something desu senpai
>>
>>35362389
But we could have 300 lbs of furniture in our room and never give it a second thought, yet floors don't collapse every day.
>>
Enjoy snapcity

Send us some postcards
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.