[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does sleeping on your arm kill your gains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: proper-pillow-sore-elbow1.jpg (34 KB, 493x335) Image search: [Google]
proper-pillow-sore-elbow1.jpg
34 KB, 493x335
Does sleeping on your arm kill your gains?
>>
Your head will act as a foam roller
>>
>it being the concurrent annuality
>you are not sleeping on your back, perfectly straight and still, with your arms laid along your sides

Degeneracy.
>>
>>35360114
Idk man but U slept like that last night and now my shoulder hurts pretty bad thb senpai. Like I can pinpoint where it hurts too it's a little dot right in front of the delts
>>
>>35360114
It might. I always sleep on my back, arms on bed. Before lifting sleeping on my arm never bothered me, now it causes some pain.
>>
>>35360399
>>35360150
sleeping on my back is just uncomfortable to me. I always sleep on my stomach but since I no pillow it makes me want to sleep on my arm instead
>>
I thought I was broken. At least it's not just me.

Can only sleep on arms sideways, been doing it for 20+ years. Last year it's been causing me shoulder pain.

I've been trying to sleep on my back more but it's hard.
>>
I had a left bicep tendon injury a while back and no matter how long I stayed out of the gym it just would not go away. Come to find out I was aggrevating it every night by sleeping on my left side. Got a pillow for sleeping on my back and a few weeks later the pain was significantly reduced and I had more range of motion than I had had in months
>>
>>35360837
Same situation as you. Worse yet, I always sleep on the same arm. Making my left shoulder bigger than my right, and my left shoulder having more issues/popping more
>>
File: TPI126-NeckPillow.jpg (81 KB, 479x479) Image search: [Google]
TPI126-NeckPillow.jpg
81 KB, 479x479
This assists with transitioning from side sleeping to back sleeping. Costly but worth it in the long run
>>
>tfw almost everyday i wake up my arms are dead.

i don't even feel panicked anymore
>>
Always sleep like this. No problems yet.
Except I sometimes wake up and my arm is dead. I feel nothing, can't move my arm and it takes a minute to recover.
>>
>>35361079
Once woke with a completely dead arm and i thought i was losing bloodflow to my extremities due to having diabetes (which I dont even have). ..funmy shit
>>
>>35360114
>usually slept like this
>after a while, i realized that i had a single tendon running from the middle of my armpit down the length of my arm to my wrist
>right in between my bicep and tricep, on the inside of my arm
>annoying as fuck
>this made my left shoulder feel and look weakened.
>so weird to the point where it felt weaker and out of shape.

i fixed this by starting in the position in op's pic (usually after i wake up) and roll onto my back. the key here is to make sure that your muscles are where they should be, use your other shoulder as a reference. you may feel/hear slight cracking and it shouuld then feel better. follow this up with regular exercise of your upper arm, mainly bicep, tricep, delts, and try to work out the kink.
>>
>>35360200
Save here, if I also similar to that my shoulders get fucked
>>
File: 39472-1-1294591718.jpg (474 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
39472-1-1294591718.jpg
474 KB, 1440x900
>>35360441
you must be a junkie sleeping on the gravel in freeside, who the fug sleeps without a pillow
>>
File: 1425024654415.jpg (68 KB, 570x491) Image search: [Google]
1425024654415.jpg
68 KB, 570x491
>>35360114
>tfw trying to shut off your phone alarm with dead arms
>>
>>35360150
I could do this in the military, too tired to move, the bunks were narrow as hell.
>>
>>35360441
doesn't sleeping on your stomach fuck your posture up? i've been forcing myself to stop doing it.
>>
recently i've been having really bad case of waking up with dead arms where it takes a really long time to go back to normal.

Had it occasionally sometimes but its really bad now.
>>
>risking having to sever you arm

retards.
>>
>>35360150
i can only sleep on my back if i'm exhausted enough, otherwise i can't sleep because the position doesn't feel right
>>
I do this occasionally as well. I'm more worried about my posture from sleeping on my stomach. I've tried to sleep on my back but find it impossible. Is sleeping on your stomach REALLY that bad or is that just mom science?
>>
File: arnold_schwarzenegger.jpg (52 KB, 545x422) Image search: [Google]
arnold_schwarzenegger.jpg
52 KB, 545x422
>>35360114
>>35360114

Don't sleep on your body parts.

http://www.omgfacts.com/health/12276/A-woman-had-to-have-both-her-legs-amputated-after-she-passed-out-drunk-with-her-legs-tucked-under-her
>>
>>35360114
Yeah I believe it can bro.. I sleep like the bro in your picture. And whenever I'm doing Ohp my left delt hurts.. I stretch it and it feels better
>>
>>35360114
>Tfw used to work at a buthcer shop. In 40 degrees 5 times a week for 8 hours.
>always slept on my arm
>Used to wake up with my right hand numb number for 15 minutes.
>quit
>stopped getting numbness altogether

Pretty sure its carpal tunnel.
>>
>>35360114
Try sleeping face down instead OP.
>>
>>35363650
>And whenever I'm doing Ohp my left delt hurts
fuck man my left delt gets a little sore by the time I am hitting my last rep, never my right.

I also sleep primarily on my left shoulder every night..i just cant fall asleep lying on my back
>>
>>35363624
/thread
Odds are it will never happen.
Possibility exist that it will.
>arms
>legs
>testicles
>dick
>internal organs
you have the possibility of damaging all of these while you're asleep.
One night i somehow cut the circulation off to my right testicle.
Woke up in the worst pain i've ever felt.
Took 4 days to recover, 5 hours not enough time for necrosis thankfully.
>>
>>35360150
Sleep paralysis no thanks
>>
>>35365818
underrated
>>
File: 1351759482364969.jpg (39 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
1351759482364969.jpg
39 KB, 500x365
>>35360150
I get night terrors/sleep paralysis/terrible nightmares 98% of time if I sleep on my back, not even fucking once. It has been happening since I started to practice lucid-dreaming as a teenager and still after ~8 years I haven't been able to sleep on my back anymore.

I don't know why it happens but not even fukken once.
>>
File: 1446967838030.jpg (9 KB, 196x250) Image search: [Google]
1446967838030.jpg
9 KB, 196x250
>mfw i just found out that sleeping on your side ages/wrinkles your skin
>>
although I prefer sleeping on my sides, I dead arm my shoulder and I cant bench for days because of the pain. so I force myself to sleep on my back.
>>
>>35360114

But it'll save your brain

http://neurosciencenews.com/lateral-sleep-position-neurology-2363/
>>
>>35365818
Had this shit happen once. It was spooky as fuck.
>>
>>35361070
that looks like it should go in between your legs if you sleep on your side
>>
>>35361079
What do you do about it? I've took to picking it up with the other arm and throwing it up and down, sort of like an elephant with its trunk until I can clench and unclench the fist.
>>
>>35360150
I can't sleep on my back. I always feel vulnerable due to watching Puppet Master as an impressionable youth.

https://youtu.be/YlaSyHMW8y8?t=2m24s
>>
I sleep on my sides too. Pro tip to avoid the arm issue is to hug a pillow no homo.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.