[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elevation Masks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: guyswearingtrainingmasks.jpg (57 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
guyswearingtrainingmasks.jpg
57 KB, 620x349
I haven't really seen much discussion about elevation training masks on /fit/. I'm not an oldfag, but I'm by no means a newfag either.

Pros? Cons? Are they an old meme?

The concept behind them seems legit, but do they actually function, or do you just look like a sperg lord showing up to the gym in one of these things?
>>
idk but they look cool as fuck
>>
>>35348308
There's only a con and it's looking like a massive faggola
>>
>>35348308
They can do more harm than good. Supposed to imitate high altitude or whatever, but you only benefit from high altitude if you live and sleep up high. Has to do with barometric pressure, not how thin the air is.
>>
If I pull their mask off, will they die?
>>
File: 1441011837656.gif (2 MB, 250x209) Image search: [Google]
1441011837656.gif
2 MB, 250x209
>>35348308
>The concept behind them seems legit
Are you retarded anon?

Athletes train at high elevation to alter how much oxygen they absorb and how much of it their blood carries. They only get the benefits from less air because they have less air 24h a day. Wearing the mask while training not only does nothing for your blood levels, it makes you have less oxygen literally the only time you need as much as you can get.

If you were willing to wear the mask 23h a day and take it off for workouts then you would be a pretty big guy.
>>
>>35348308
Nobody cares who you are until you put it on
>>
>>35348308
Pros: you can use it for next halloweens
Cons: you're spending 80-100 to tell everyone in visually range that you're a retard who will buy fucking anything.
>>
>>35348308
seems gay desu.
maybe if u use shit like this before going to high places it might help .(and i mean like use all day for a few days )
>>
Pros: You'll get big
Cons: It would be extremely painful
>>
i wouldnt be caughr dead in one of those
>>
>>35348351
It would be very painful
>>
They restrict the flow of normal atmospheric air going in, they don't simulate high altitude air where the pressure of o2 is lower.

They're worse than useless because they're expensive, look stupid, and ineffective.
>>
Not sure what effect they'd have on lung capacity, but from the one study I've read on pubmed they didn't work.

I do know that they won't do shit for raising your red blood cell count or anything involving oxygen transport because you need to experience hypoxia (low oxygen levels) for a couple of days to begin to get that effect. Unless you wore the mask nonstop for several days, I suppose. That might work.
>>
>>35348308
A more appropriate name would be air-restricting mask. Doesn't simulate high altitude
>>
>>35348856
THIS EVERYBODY READ THIS AND NEVER POST ALTITUDE MASK THREADS AGAIN
>>
>>35348424
4YOU
>>
>>35348308
He's a big guy
>>
Just move to Utah if you want to seriously train like that.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.